Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

willowdale Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 AM
NismoZ-33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default willowdale Nissan

Hey guys,

just wondering what you guys think of Willowdale Nissan? I heard some bad things in the past. I have a clutch issue (pedal sticking to the floor) and wanted a dealer to look at it since it's still under warranty. (I flushed the fluid twice already but no luck).

thanks!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:05 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

i bought my z from willowdale and i have a 50/50 experience there. whenever it came down to warranty work, sure they were happy to do it i guess. but one thing bothered me and still bothers me till this day.

when i first got my z i was never offered wheel locks, so i bought them 1 week after delivery. i brought my z back to willowdale and they proceeded to install them. when i got it back, say 20 min later .. i noticed that there were deep scratches on my rims.

turned out they got one of their hobo lacky's install it and he used the impact gun incorrectly when torquing and made these deep scratches.

i spoke to the service manager and essentially he said "oh, it's nothing major and we can't do anything about it". keep in mind that my z is only ONE week old and now my poor ray's rims have these deep sratches in the inner portion where the lug nuts are.

a big problem with willowdale as well is their service area. the parking is TINY and the spaces are TINY. they're constantly busy so parking your z puts it at risk for door dings and other damage when ppl go in and out of spaces (i've had this happen to my z once right infront of my eyes). i parked my z to get service and no more than 30 seconds a ***** in her infinity suv parks beside me, slams open her door and dings my car.

oh, and when i had my power window motor replaced, i'm not sure what they did but when i got my z back there was a horizontal scratch on my glass. (maybe they were testing it and there were dust/rocks) who the **** knows, but to this day my glass is scratched up by their technicians.

i suppose this is partly my fault, i should have complained more for all the shoddy treatment i received or the shoddy service their technicians performed, but i was young at the time and didn't really say much. upon reflection, i don't think i'd ever buy another nissan there nor would i get my z serviced there.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM
bachelor

Do not service your car at Willowdale Nissan. They worked on mine a few times, and their quality of work is horrible.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LoL! please forget my previous post..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:11 PM
StraySheep

Try Alta Nissan Richmond Hill.

I had my clutch pedal replaced because it was clicking when you release it slowly during regular acceleration. It was annoying as hell.

They replaced it with a brand new clutch pedal. Experience is good.

The parking lots are nicely spaced, no risk of door dings. There are actually parallel parking spaces beside service entrance.

Just make sure you call ahead because they might not have the clutch pedal in stock.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:42 AM
NismoZ-33

thanks for the advice guys. I will check out ALTA and I also heard Ajax Nissan was good.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 AM
XuperXero

I've had pretty bad experience with Alta...

Fuel shutter valve under warranty - fixed, but screwed up my fuel level sensor
took it back and they replaced it of course, but still didn't fix the issue
took it back again and replaced it again, but still didn't fix the issue.

I was also getting new hatch struts under warranty (mine kept on falling on my head), they ended up installing one of the brackets wrong (how hard is it to install a bracket? even a 5 years old could do that).

Although, I did have my transmission replaced under warranty there, they gave me a lot of hassle prior to it.

Phil - customer service guy seems to be a very stressed guy and always argues with you. I recommend Colin, he's nice...
Old 09-27-2007, 09:05 AM
KickMeInTheJunk

I was recommended to check out St Clair Nissan when I first moved to the area. Been overly impressed with them since the moment I walked in the door. I haven't had any major service done yet, but they instantly recognized the 3 year ASP warranty wasn't in my name, and although I was well passed the normal 30-day transfer window the Business Manager there went way out of her way to get it transfered, even ended having to talk to the guy who runs ASP for Nissan Canada. Joe, the service manager seems like a pretty solid guy too.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Joe is a solid guy.
I live in the Bloor & Christie area until this past april, and the only dealership I have taken my z to in Toronto was st.clair nissan.

I was very pleased with the overall service and professionalism.

Church