Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:17 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

When I say fairly decent clip, I mean I was in Coffee time discussing insurance polices sitting with my back to the glass. I heard the exhaust of a speeding car through the glass. I looked over my shoulder to see my car zoom by squatting back under the acceleration. It was gone in a flash. I said I hope that's going straight to turbo tech. The agent said, "uh, the shop is in the other direction". I was like OMG! We finished our sandwiches. Signed some papers. Went back to the shop. Ed said he called when I arrived because I was upset. He said the car was back at the alignment shop. I don't know. The car came back to turbo tech a little later.

As far as the chipped fender? What can you do? Maybe trying to get it done quick for alignment played into it. Maybe it didn't. Ed only charged me for the alignment.

As for the gas door being open? Maybe it's my mistake .......highly unlikely. If not how would it ever be proven who did what?
Old 07-19-2008, 11:47 AM
xdragus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oi well....my rims didn't get put on today...opened them up and got surprised buttsex. 3 of the rims are in very bad condition....just gotta wait till forge opens up on monday and see what can be done. Was so excited after all that waiting but definite bummer.

bad luck for both of us =/

Last edited by xdragus; 07-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Doba

sucks reading both your stories
Old 07-19-2008, 01:03 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by Doba
5:22 wth get to bed.. not long ago I dumped 700 songs onto my MP3 player, im pretty set for now.. and it helps that the radio works pretty good reception too
radio is crap these days i regularly find myself turning off the radio cuz there's nothing on, which means i have to resort to my cd's, which are old and memorized by now
Old 07-19-2008, 01:06 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
I forgot to add. I was with an insurance agent at Coffee time and my car left the alignment shop. Took a turn away from Turbo Tech and went the wrong way on Lawrence Ave at a fairly decent clip. I finished up my meeting and went back over to the shop, literally 200 m away. My car wasn't back yet over 10 minutes later.

I know a small test drive is necessary. But the speed and length of time my car were out was not justified.
i wouldn't want ANYONE doing any spirited driving in my car w/o my knowledge or approval
Old 07-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Doba

^^ yeah thats gotta suck when some douchebag that drives a civic most likely takes a hot Z for a drive just cause he works there... down the road and back, no more than 1 min is required to test the alignment
Old 07-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Doba

damn is it storming out side right now, its interfering with my satellite
Old 07-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Smasher

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
When I say fairly decent clip, I mean I was in Coffee time discussing insurance polices sitting with my back to the glass. I heard the exhaust of a speeding car through the glass. I looked over my shoulder to see my car zoom by squatting back under the acceleration. It was gone in a flash. I said I hope that's going straight to turbo tech. The agent said, "uh, the shop is in the other direction". I was like OMG! We finished our sandwiches. Signed some papers. Went back to the shop. Ed said he called when I arrived because I was upset. He said the car was back at the alignment shop. I don't know. The car came back to turbo tech a little later.

As far as the chipped fender? What can you do? Maybe trying to get it done quick for alignment played into it. Maybe it didn't. Ed only charged me for the alignment.

As for the gas door being open? Maybe it's my mistake .......highly unlikely. If not how would it ever be proven who did what?

Mike thats suks man sorry to here. Did you get your rear fenders rolled?
Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Smasher

Very few people have had the pleasure to get behind the drivers seat in my Z.

My Dad, My buddy Little Dave, Vuk from AMS. I think thats it.

It was cool when Vuk took it or a spin because I was a passenger and told him let to her go and see what he thinks. It's different when you are not driving and ya Vuk can Drive.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Doba

well its also a complete different story if the owner of the car is in the passenger seat, you can only imagine what those ****** do when youre not in the car. Ive heard stories of mechanics test driving cars and crashing them.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Smasher

[QUOTE=Doba]well its also a complete different story if the owner of the car is in the passenger seat,

So true.

I need to take my car in for a safety for Ins. purposes.

Do they need to take it for a drive to do a safety or are they just inspecting stuff like tires, breaks, lights etc..? I really dont even want any garage to take my Volks off to look at the breaks in fear of them damaging the wheels.

Last edited by Smasher; 07-20-2008 at 07:43 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Smasher]
Originally Posted by Doba
well its also a complete different story if the owner of the car is in the passenger seat,

So true.

I need to take my car in for a safety for Ins. purposes.

Do they need to take it for a drive to do a safety or are they just inspecting stuff like tires, breaks, lights etc..? I really dont even want any garage to take my Volks off to look at the breaks in fear of them damaging the wheels.
I am guessing that it will only be a visual inspection
Old 07-20-2008, 11:55 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

my collection is SLOWLY increasing

Old 07-20-2008, 12:34 PM
noodleman

finally, some good news around here
Old 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

more good news...

I just got my Forged Performance shifter **** in the mail on Friday. Any idea how to remove the stock ****? I searched the threads and have read many ways to do it yourself but it seems many ***** have been destroyed in the removal process.

Am I better off just taking it by a dealership and have them remove it?

Last edited by Sickboy101; 07-20-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:03 PM
noodleman

definitely don't take it to the dealership.

since yours is an 06, there might not be as much loctite on the threads. Just follow the instructions on the fourms (vice grip the shifter, try and manually turn the **** to loosen it). Mine came off with ease and it really depends on the car.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:03 PM
jasonintoronto

http://www.*********.com/zwiki/Tutor...nd_Replacement
Old 07-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default Keeping...

the good news going. My Nismo S-tune susp came on Friday. It's sitting at my place w/ my Hotchkis sways so, those will be on when I get back from the cottage.

Speaking of that, got some great Northern Ontario shots. Feels good to have a background that doesn't include concrete.

Getting pumped for Z-Fest as well.

Out for now...

Ps. Mike, when you get a chance to sign we can talk about what happened and if we can figure something out.

Last edited by Risky_Business; 07-20-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ this link is not opening correctly for me^^

good memory noodleman mine is an '06 and many of the threads have said to take the console are off around the shifter and secure the linkage with vice grip then wrap the **** in a rag and use vice grips on it.

I thought bringing to the Stealership and having them do it would protect me from FN up the **** or worse yet the transmission.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default ^

Nice man. Can't wait to see it installed.

Ps. Tried Crystal Glo. It actually works quite well. I did a full once over wash, liquid clay bar and some Crystal. It's pretty good. Thanks for the heads up.