Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Hhaha. It would be funny to play the part of gnarly surfer dude for the weekend.

I'm gonna go remove my other 3 wheels, and clean them to super shine status. My week long no Z driving detailing sequence is almost complete.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Hhaha. It would be funny to play the part of gnarly surfer dude for the weekend.

I'm gonna go remove my other 3 wheels, and clean them to super shine status. My week long no Z driving detailing sequence is almost complete.
DUDDDDEEEE....hahah
Sup bro, its raining in toronto..
Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
2TH PWR

Actor: Ahem "That was some sick air man"
Coach: No no no! More surfer attitutude.
Actor: That was some sick air man.
Coach: Oh my god no! Ok, new angle, your motivation is that you've spent your adolescence sniffing gas and glue fumes while being pulled behind a very loud boat. Go.
Actor: WhhhhooOOOOoaaa, That was SOME SiiiiiIIIIiiiiIIiiiIIiiiCKKKKKK AYER MMMMaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnNNNn!
Coach: Eureka!
Old 07-26-2008, 09:46 AM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by Reality350
DUDDDDEEEE....hahah
Sup bro, its raining in toronto..
I'ts been lightly raining here too. Some sort of cigarette boat poker run going down the Ottawa river today. Crazy loud. Might go check that out too.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Doba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its pissing HARD here, mad storimg yo..

surfer dude.. imagine the narly chicks there.. wicked hot man
Old 07-26-2008, 09:56 AM
2TH PWR

I'm off to the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes away from my $200 a month army appartment ftw.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:57 AM
IVRY PRL

I saw a commercial for Rosetta Stone, it's supposed to be the "best, quickest" way to learn languages. I'm pirating it as I type this, in hopes to learn JDM-speak. I'll post updates on how well it works. I wonder though, does that count as an effective advertisement? From one point of view, I'd say yes, because it made me get it, but from another point of view, I'd say no, because I didn't pay them for it
Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Doba

learning JDM? ehh id like to learn spanish the language of love and go seduce some mama sitas
Old 07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
I saw a commercial for Rosetta Stone, it's supposed to be the "best, quickest" way to learn languages. I'm pirating it as I type this, in hopes to learn JDM-speak. I'll post updates on how well it works. I wonder though, does that count as an effective advertisement? From one point of view, I'd say yes, because it made me get it, but from another point of view, I'd say no, because I didn't pay them for it
Rosetta Stone works very well.. I have it to learn spanish..
Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 AM
noodleman

ninhongo o wakarimasu ka?
Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 PM
IVRY PRL

Originally Posted by Reality350
Rosetta Stone works very well.. I have it to learn spanish..
I just checked the actual price of it... 5 bills for the 3 levels of Japanese! Soooo glad I found it on mininova. It's coming along rather slowly, but the pack I'm getting has a bunch of languages, and it's 6.5 gigs, so if any of the rest of you are interested, just toss me two blanks, or a DL blank.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM
IVRY PRL

I have:
Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English US & UK, French, German, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese and Welsh. Only lvls 1 & 2 though, no 3
Old 07-26-2008, 01:17 PM
2TH PWR

Haha. So funny.

So I'm transferring my GPS from one car to the other and as I'm getting in the Accent the cord comes undone, the GPS falls, just as I'm closing the door. The door crunches the GPS desite my efforts to stop the door and catch the GPS at the same time. Oh well there goes $525.

Then I'm cleaning my car, and as I take off my driver's side front wheel I notice it's scratched to hell! It's not from being curbed because I've never curbed a wheel before, and this is the driver's side. My only theory is that it must have been from the wheel alignment last week. Oh well, there goes another couple hundred bucks in lost value.

Then I take off the back wheels to clean them and I notice the stock studs are interferring with the back of my wheels. There are small crescent shaped divets in the back of the wheels, and when I stuck my camera in the wheel and took a picture a small gap is visible between the spacer and wheel. So I need to reduce my stock studs for safety sake until I can get some regular extended lug hub centric spacers. I call up Canadian tire and tell them the problem. I take my car across town. They see my car, and refuse to work on it. They said nope, not touching this car with a 10 foot pole. They said they couldn't afford to scratch it or anything, and it wouldn't go up on a lift. I said well it doesn't have to go up on a lift, just use the jack on the rear, remove the wheel, and file down the stud 1mm. Put the wheel back on and do the other side, but they refused. So I took that as a semi compliment.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:18 PM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
I just checked the actual price of it... 5 bills for the 3 levels of Japanese! Soooo glad I found it on mininova. It's coming along rather slowly, but the pack I'm getting has a bunch of languages, and it's 6.5 gigs, so if any of the rest of you are interested, just toss me two blanks, or a DL blank.
I bought all 3 levels of French. Haven't finished it though.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Lightbulb Susp/sways...

are on. Today was interesting in many ways. Post later...we're heading to din and TDK.

Outz.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Reality350

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
Haha. So funny.

So I'm transferring my GPS from one car to the other and as I'm getting in the Accent the cord comes undone, the GPS falls, just as I'm closing the door. The door crunches the GPS desite my efforts to stop the door and catch the GPS at the same time. Oh well there goes $525.

Then I'm cleaning my car, and as I take off my driver's side front wheel I notice it's scratched to hell! It's not from being curbed because I've never curbed a wheel before, and this is the driver's side. My only theory is that it must have been from the wheel alignment last week. Oh well, there goes another couple hundred bucks in lost value.

Then I take off the back wheels to clean them and I notice the stock studs are interferring with the back of my wheels. There are small crescent shaped divets in the back of the wheels, and when I stuck my camera in the wheel and took a picture a small gap is visible between the spacer and wheel. So I need to reduce my stock studs for safety sake until I can get some regular extended lug hub centric spacers. I call up Canadian tire and tell them the problem. I take my car across town. They see my car, and refuse to work on it. They said nope, not touching this car with a 10 foot pole. They said they couldn't afford to scratch it or anything, and it wouldn't go up on a lift. I said well it doesn't have to go up on a lift, just use the jack on the rear, remove the wheel, and file down the stud 1mm. Put the wheel back on and do the other side, but they refused. So I took that as a semi compliment.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Smasher

Mike you have some of the worst luck.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Smasher

I have been to two places to get a little car care taken care of recently.

1st one who specializes so I understand in modded cars.
No way could they gte my car on the hoist so we had to jack her up manually to change the oil. Cost me i think it was 60 bucks and i supplied my own oil.

2nd was to get a safety done
I made up some 2x8 wooden ramps to drive the front up on and it lifted the front an extra 3 inches. Do you think we could get the lift under her? No way again had to jack her up buy hand and i did all the work. Cost me 96 bucks including tax to get teh saftey and all the guy had to do was measure the rotors and write up the slip.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM
noodleman

mike, do you have a pic of the rear face of the wheel? My SF's had plenty of clearance for the rear wheel when i used the 20mm in the rear... the studs are only sticking out in the rear by like 3-5mm...if that...are you sure the oem stud is interfering with getting full contact?

sucks to hear!

I have home made ramps for jacking my car up as well.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:42 PM
2TH PWR

Yah I'm positive I put the 20's on the back. They have different fastener designs as you recall.
Here's some terrible pics to give you an idea.

I may just go out and do a photoshoot again by myself tonight as I just detialed the car, and there doesn't seem to be much else going on.

Why is everyone against me when it comes to my car? Oh well, I guess it's not a bad area to be cursed in. hah.