Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:00 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noodleman
work in progress...
awww ... that's so cute
Old 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Smasher

You guys are right there are some Eng builds that seam to have gone really wrong. I think some of the issues is going for high WHP, sleeved blocks and using a different shop to install and tune.

I have a quote from Injected Performance and it looks pretty good just needed them to clarify a few things to be sure I am not missing any hidden or missing costs.

IPP have competative prices but they are a such a long ways away and I dont really know of any good or bad coments with there Engines.

Forged have always looked like a solid builder. Again these guys are further away.

My worry is getting the Eng from the US and having a shop of my selection up here install and tune. Not that I should have to worry but that seams to be where some builds have gone bad. If I use an Eng shop like Injected I could get a install and tune here then make a road trip to Kentucky for them to double check the tune and install for any warranty issues.

Shipping the car to the US is not an option I want to explore because of costs and hassel crossing the boarder. I know Jay who has the G35 had a real hard time getting customs to release his car back into Canada.

Lastly I dont have the cash for this but I already put so much into my car it kills me to have it just sit there in the garage. Its not just the Eng you need.
I will need a new Engine managment, possibly Haltech. Larger injectors etc etc.. It all adds up very fast. The Canadian Dollar fluctuation makes it even worse!!!!!!

If I go back to a stock Eng it will still cost me about the same in labour for the install and tune. Plus the cost of a used Block if I can get one without issues for a good deal. Buying a new Block would probbaly be aro $3.5K CDN so you are getting into built block territory.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Doba

*cough cough engine swap cough*
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Smasher

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
smashing smasher's tires may help
I have a deal with my Boss that I will not take my car to the track for the first year IF she let's me actually get it fixed in the next 6mths.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

dave, there is another option: you could put faith in a toronto shop completely for the entire process of building, installing, & tuning. i would trust ed @ advance/turbotech to do my full build/install/tune. they may not be known for building vq's, but heck .. GTM was known to be the "best", most experienced shop for the VQ and look how things are turning out.

what i look for in a shop now is not only their experience with a certain engine/brand, but also their attention to detail and work ethic which is ed in a nutshell.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:15 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by Smasher
I have a deal with my Boss that I will not take my car to the track for the first year IF she let's me actually get it fixed in the next 6mths.
lol, that's why TD Bank let's you start separate chequing accounts

JOINT = FTL
Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Smasher

lol, that's why TD Bank let's you start separate chequing accounts

JOINT = FTL

Ya and why I meet with a new bank to set up a new line of credit. Uh I think it was supposed to be for investment purposses? Does an Eng count? I think so it is an investment in my sanity.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Ya and why I meet with a new bank to set up a new line of credit. Uh I think it was supposed to be for investment purposses? Does an Eng count? I think so it is an investment in my sanity.
my z has always been an emotional investment without her, i'd be bored at home twiddling my thumbs staring at a wall.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Smasher

dave, there is another option: you could put faith in a toronto shop completely for the entire process of building, installing, & tuning. i would trust ed @ advance/turbotech to do my full build/install/tune. they may not be known for building vq's, but heck .. GTM was known to be the "best", most experienced shop for the VQ and look how things are turning out.

what i look for in a shop now is not only their experience with a certain engine/brand, but also their attention to detail and work ethic which is ed in a nutshell.
I would feel much more comfortable if there was a local shop or 2 that did a build on there own Eng. to show me they can do it reliably first. Thats what we need here in Canada desperatly for the Z's and G's.

It's a lot on $K to put on the line not like a honda eng that are a dime a dozen.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

I would feel much more comfortable if there was a local shop or 2 that did a build on there own Eng. to show me they can do it reliably first. Thats what we need here in Canada desperatly for the Z's and G's.

It's a lot on $K to put on the line not like a honda eng that are a dime a dozen.
i'll tell ed to hurry up and blow his stock vq that's what he's planning on doing anyways .. blow up his stock vq to test the limits and then build his block himself after.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Smasher

Well Ed can build mine but if it does not work to my satisfaction he takes it out and no charge to me
Old 10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Well Ed can build mine but if it does not work to my satisfaction he takes it out and no charge to me
haha, you should ask him to throw in a new car too while you're at it
Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM
IVRY PRL

Well, I'm sure that there should be a shop interested in giving you a partial sponsorship if you agree to be their "test subject". They would have a vested interest in doing a good job, as they would then be able to get a lot more work. Pretty much everyone has high hp Hondas, SR's and 2JZ's, if they have a built VQ, they have a lot more cred, imo.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
IVRY PRL

Oh yea, and just to clarify, I'm not hinting anything, or any shop in particular, I'm just theorizing
Old 10-31-2008, 02:05 PM
Smasher

Originally Posted by IVRY PRL
Well, I'm sure that there should be a shop interested in giving you a partial sponsorship if you agree to be their "test subject". They would have a vested interest in doing a good job, as they would then be able to get a lot more work. Pretty much everyone has high hp Hondas, SR's and 2JZ's, if they have a built VQ, they have a lot more cred, imo.
I would definitly be interested in a sponsorship!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 PM
edvy

what type of sponsorship? i think we should sit down n talk
Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
noodleman

this is what happens when boredom kicks in while waiting for a stupid script deployment on a friday night.

cleaned up my last pic

now i really want to try this on CS3 instead of this stupid paint tool so i can do some blending and ****.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:05 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^hahah, that looks great bro!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:59 AM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts
Default 303

good morning fellas...

I gave my car one last detailing and used the 303 Aerospace product. I was very happy with the results... great product A+++

Thanks for the recommendations guys
Old 11-01-2008, 07:25 AM
IVRY PRL

Rawr, told ya dude, it's deee shiznit