Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he puts the "Q" in quality
Old 11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
brady

Canadian tire blows...

Two K&N air filters that are not for an '07-'08. Oh well, at least I get to go back..??..
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
another off-topic picture:

apparently this dude is a lawyer in the states somewhere
The "NEED A GOOD LAWYER" font is sweeeeeeeeeet!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

^^^Booyaka Shine... blip, blip!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
XuperXero

Gay, I can't get my stupid Chinese driver's license because I need a visa valid for more than a year!

Funny story, when applying for the license. The COP told me to just drive without a license, as long as I don't drink or have a collision with another car/scooter/bike/motocycle, I'm fine. LOL what a bunch of nice cops.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:08 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ don't get screwed than. how many times did you get stopped with alcohol in your system here?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:42 AM
XuperXero

^Apparently the conviction is just as strict as Canada's conviction, but the breathalyzer test is a lot more tolerant. 0.2% instead of 0.05%
Old 11-12-2008, 06:15 AM
IVRY PRL

I definitely see you taking that as a challenge lol "You don't think I can blow 0.2%??"
Old 11-12-2008, 06:37 AM
edvy

holy cow, was just reading about the GTR35 HKS GT570 upgrade kit, the damn thing cost $8000cdn
Old 11-12-2008, 06:39 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by edvy
holy cow, was just reading about the GTR35 HKS GT570 upgrade kit, the damn thing cost $8000cdn
that sounds pretty cheap compared to how much other R35 parts cost
Old 11-12-2008, 07:07 AM
XuperXero

^+1

Although aftermarket prices are quite expensive considering the MSRP of the R35
Old 11-12-2008, 07:32 AM
noodleman

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/11/12...ive-this-down/

this is pretty f-ed up.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:38 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ no kidding. i was actually discussing this with my coworker at lunch last month, but couldn't remember where i saw the article.

it's nothing surprising per se, bus companies are protecting their investment and market share by "working the system" through legal action, which every corporation does.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noodleman
some serious BS....
Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 AM
IVRY PRL

Das fuked.
I actually enrolled on that site to get some extra gas money, but all the requests that I got were too much additional effort, so I never actually used it.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

R35? Z06 superior! he heh
Old 11-12-2008, 09:26 AM
2TH PWR

oooh, got to go do more dental.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:46 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

slightly interesting story to discuss. i've highlighted some interesting points for both side:

coles notes:
- a group of young punks damaged a brand new car owned by harris.
- harris gets pissed and runs over one of the punks, he dies later in hospital.
- harris is charged with 2nd degree murder.

dilemma:
- both sides lied under oath.
- punks sound like no good hooligans who admitted to shoplifting and causing trouble prior to the incident.

if it were me and a group of young punks vandalized my z, i'd go berserk and probably consider doing the same thing as running them over.

did they deserve it?

Death was 'road rage gone horrible,' Brampton court told
Nov 12, 2008 12:48 PM
Bob Mitchell
Staff Reporter

A Toronto man "took the law into his own hands" and deliberately used his vehicle to kill a young Brampton man, Crown prosecutor John Raftery told jurors today.

"Andrew Harris was justifiably angry - a group of young punks had damaged his new car - and he meted out his own punishment," Raftery said in his closing address to jurors in a Brampton courtroom.

"It's road rage gone horrible."

Harris, 26, of Toronto has admitted striking Christymayooran Anton-Pious with his Acura in the early hours of Aug. 5, 2006 and then getting it repaired afterwards.

But he has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder in the death of the 21-year-old man, one of several people in a GMC Envoy who were involved in a chase with the Acura earlier in the night and who threw water bottles at the accused man's car.

Defence lawyer Tom Dungey will deliver his closing address later today.

The 11 men and one woman on the jury are to begin their sequestered deliberations later this afternoon.

Raftery told jurors that Harris's friends in the car - his girlfriend and his best friend - both "lied under oath," when they testified as Crown witnesses that neither saw or heard the 5-foot-6, 138-pound man "bounce" off the Acura.

Raftery said his witnesses also lied when they testified they never discussed anything about the events with each other, either immediately afterwards or in the days following the tragic hit-and-run.

If Harris had "accidentally" hit Anton-Pious and did the right thing such as call 911 and offer assistance, the tragedy could be understood, Raftery said.

But Harris left Anton-Pious dying in the road as he fled the scene after getting "his pound of flesh," he said.

"There should be no question that Harris knew driving into a person at a minimum of 49 km/h and perhaps as fast as 70 km/h - would cause serious bodily harm," Raftery said.

Anton-Pious suffered multiple injuries to his body, including a fractured skull and a lacerated aorta. Jurors heard he was struck from behind.

Jurors know that Anton-Pious and his friends armed themselves with tire irons and approached the Acura after they stopped their GMC Envoy in the southbound lanes of Rutherford Rd. just north of the Orenda Rd.

Seconds later, Harris drove his Acura towards the armed men through the intersection, forcing one of the armed men to jump aside.

But instead of continuing south, he made a U-turn around a traffic island and then drove north back towards Anton-Pious and his friends, now possibly standing in the intersection.

Raftery told jurors that Anton-Pious and his friends acted wrong but that he "didn't deserve to die."

Raftery urged jurors not to believe that Harris, being fearful, accidentally hit Anton-Pious, or that his death occurred during self-defence maneouvers.

"He turned around and drove back towards people whom he would have you believe he was afraid of," Raftery said.

"If he had no intention of striking anybody he would have chosen another route. If it was truly an accident a 911 call would have been made but he didn't care whether he lived or died.

"This was no accident. He made a conscious decision to strike Anton-Pious. Harris hit Anton-Pious with his car and intended to hit him.

"Christy had his back to the Acura when he was struck. He didn't get hit just as he stepped off a traffic island.

"Harris revved his engine...He did not drive at them to scare them...He focussed his efforts to kill or horribly injure this young man."

During the trial, Dungey suggested Harris struck Anton-Pious when he swerved at the intersection to avoid several men from the Envoy, who were armed with metal bars and blocking the northbound road in front of his vehicle.

Raftery, however, told jurors they needed to decide if the victim and his friend were "lined up like bowling pins" across the road or running back towards their GMC for safety.

"Common sense tells you not to stand in the roadway after you just missed getting hit," Raftery said. He suggested they didn't stand in the intersection, shouting "Red Rover Red Rover, calling the Acura over."

Anton-Pious' friends testified as Crown witnesses and admitted they initially lied to police about what happened because they didn't want to get in trouble for throwing bottles at the Acura earlier, shoplifting from gas stations, and threatening to attack the occupants in the Acura with tire irons.

Instead of telling police the truth about what happened, including the events leading to their friend's death, jurors know the men in the Envoy concocted a story about how Anton-Pious was struck by a black car when he got out of their Envoy to pick his wallet off the road.

Jurors know this is the third time that Harris has been tried, with two previous trials ending in mistrials.

At one point during Raftery's closing address, Dungey stood up and asked Madame Justice Francine Van Melle to declare another mistrial after the Crown told jurors "defence evidence" suggested witnesses were lying.

Dungey never called any defence witnesses and urged the court to declare a mistrial, but Justice Van Melle declined and ordered Raftery to apologize to jurors.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
IVRY PRL

Tough call. The car wouldn't matter at all, but they threatened to beat the guy with a tire iron, and if someone threatened me, and I believed that they would make good on the threat, I would not hesitate to render them physically incapable of carrying it out by any means necessary. Now, I have no knowledge of legal affairs, but I think that could be self defence.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:29 AM
2TH PWR

Originally Posted by noodleman
Ridiculous. I want to be prime minister right now.