Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Useless East Canada thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

The hooligans got out of the truck and had weapons. The hooligans had inferior weapons to a car. If they had been reasonable people that night, nothing would have happened. Chalk it up to being really stupid gangster wannabes.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
IVRY PRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, but in my mind there is still the distinct possibility that they would follow me home and assault me when I was no longer armed with a car
It's kinda like, if I had a gun, and the other person had a knife, but I knew that I would have to put the gun down later, I'd make sure I take their knife. Unfortunately in this case, you can't really take a tire iron away at car-point, so running them down may have been the right call. I can't say though because I don't know how it actually went down.

EDIT: Upon re-reading your post, it looks like you were agreeing, not disagreeing, so.. yea, I fail at reading.

Last edited by IVRY PRL; 11-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:50 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ haha, ant is so used to everyone disagreeing with his comments, it's second nature now to go on the defensive
Old 11-12-2008, 11:09 AM
tinlok

to me it makes a diff that he made a u-turn to make a run at those guys over again.

if it was the first pass and he hit them then yeah he was just trying to get away from a bunch of thugs trying to bash bash his car and rape his gf or something.

but he drives by the thugs, turn around and goes for a 2nd run.

now he's just going for them after the u-turn cuz he's pissed off he didn't hit them the first time.

it's the same as someone cutting you off and then you get pissed and slamming them into a barrier and driving off.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
IVRY PRL

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
^^ haha, ant is so used to everyone disagreeing with his comments, it's second nature now to go on the defensive
LOL, so true, you guys are such haters

tinlok - I dunno man, if he just drove away, there's the distinct possibility of them chasing him, and they're in an SUV giving them the upper hand if they were to start bumping cars. I would personally want to ensure that they can't come after me.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
noodleman

f*** those f***ing f***ers.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

there's no question that the driver's action were not in self-defense and were intentional. thinking back to highschool law class, he had the actus reus (guilty act) and the mens rea (guilty mind).

i'm curious as to whether it was justified. normally i wouldn't condone the use of force that would harm (or in this case kill) another individual for something as stupid as car vandalism. but my bias against stupid punks negates that ethical boundary and can't help but think that they "got what they deserved" or perhaps you can call it street justice?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28 AM
tinlok

it's always hard to judge... that's why we have laws to help give guidelines. but i think ultimately it's hard to say...

when is it ok to kill someone and when is it not? most people would think rapists deserve to die, but sometimes maybe not.

out of anger / heat of the moment i'd say... yeah i would love to curb stomp each of those punks one by one in a row.

but if i think about it, no one deserves to die for vandalizing a car.

I remember reading some news story way back about how a family caught a peeping tom spying on a girl in the family. the family sodomized the tom with some tree branches. maybe the guy deserved it..
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 PM
IVRY PRL

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
there's no question that the driver's action were not in self-defense and were intentional. thinking back to highschool law class, he had the actus reus (guilty act) and the mens rea (guilty mind).
Well, I think it depends on how they actually define self defence. I see a pre-emptive strike against someone threatening my well being to be self defence. If I believe this person will come after me, and I have the means to ensure they won't, then I'm going to make sure they won't.
Hell, if I were that guy, I would've outfitted my car with all this **** incase of future encounters.
http://divisibleby0.com/murder/
Old 11-12-2008, 12:57 PM
xdragus

I was thinking the same possibility...those *******s could have gave chased and cause trouble.

There are so many possibilities but in my eyes, he took the initiative to stop them from taking advantage of them having more numbers.

I would say one of the typical 'what happened' was to drive off, maybe couple of them take a swing at your car - no physical harm gets done to anyone else except your car and you just pay the damages out of your pocket or your insurance.

You file a report with the police but from there they'll probably do nothing because they have no leads unless you manage to get the license plate or the police are able to trace them back to the the mischief they did before the encounter and those people calling giving similar descriptions of the culprits.

But murder is not allowed unless you got a nation or religion backing you to allow for mass genocide in other countries and you make sure your side wins to not get charged for war crimes
Old 11-12-2008, 01:42 PM
WonJeremy

hello.
where did you get your headlights painted?
did you send it away to the US or was it done in the GTA?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
xdragus

If there is a GTA person that does custom headlights for our Z...we'd be all over that person/company unless they sucked *****.

Most ship it over - lightwerkz is pretty good pricing, and theres cincity(my350z forum user) which has more of a unique selection. There is a fairly long wait time but if you're storing the Z then you don't have to worry.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:40 PM
XuperXero

That's a ****ed up story, but I really have no say, as in that situation, my first instinct would probably do the same, but not intentionally kill them.

And the carpooling is serious ********, the traffic in Canada are no better than traffic in China despite the huge population differences. And with the high cost of gas a few month ago, it makes much more sense to carpool. ESPECIALLY in York region, where the YRT takes an hour before the next bus arrives. I suffered those days back in high school where everyday my choice was to wait an hour for the bus or walk home an hour. After getting a G2 license, I always drove my friends home so they don't have to wait for the damn bus or just for the fact that they don't have to drive out and waste gas either, they compensated for me as well (ie: go to pool hall, they would pay for my pool game, etc)

Another issue to raise up about Canada, is that they are cutting the cost of the hospital due to limited government budget. Why not cut cost of other things instead of the health care. I firmly believe that the healthcare is well worth the tax money. Especially when I've been to the ER 3 times in one year as well as going to the hospital for check up about 4 times. This issue I'm concerned the most. I was really proud of our health care and its progress because each time I went to the hospital (York Central), they significantly decreased their wait time (3 hours 1st time, 1 and half hour 2nd time, 3rd time I walked out after an hour.) and had everything done in timely manner. hey even had different section of the ER such as broken bones would go to this section, patients with operation required would go to this section, internal body pain would go to another section. And each section had a few doctors to help multiple patients at once. It was a very efficient method, but if they cut the healthcare budget, wait time will be longer once again and the hospital will have shorter staff of nurses and doctors. This is quite a serious issue.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Morning UECT BUMP!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:48 AM
IVRY PRL

Oh man...one more day..
Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

yes, one more day ...

thankfully i took the day off tomorrow, it's been a rough week
Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morning! busy fukn week......
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 AM
IVRY PRL

Aah, so lucky! I just wasn't counting today out of optimism
Old 11-13-2008, 05:56 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

you should count today too since there's around 7 hours left of it
Old 11-13-2008, 06:22 AM
XuperXero

you guys just started thursday... i'm heading into friday! i get to go fridays first! whoohoo