Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.
View Poll Results: Has anyone wanted tried Sprint booster before?
Yes, I know all about it awesome difference
1.33%
I have heard of it but havn't tried it
4.00%
Don't know about it
88.00%
Heard about it, not impressed
6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Sprint Booster,nissan 350z '02-'07

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 PM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i thought the drive by wire delay was a safety feature....plus it does sound abit like snakeoil...
Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 AM
stav
Banned

Agreed, it does sound like b.s., that's why I would like an unbiased opinion, it's the only way it will work is if it is tried out first before you can comment. If there is anyone willing to try it for me I need comentary, anf then I can move on to the other cars, like BMW and VW/Audi and Benz where the problem is much more apparent.
Think about it this way, if you ever had a b-series Honda swap in your civic the most common thing was that the cable to the throttle body stretched over time, you needed to tighten it up once in a while,,,, that difference in slack is basically what this does, except electonically. Gotta try it to really get it. Let me know if anyone around, if not gonna contact one of the admins to do a test report.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:11 AM
noodleman

so you agreed that it sounded like BS, but instead of testing it out yourself first, you want someone else to bite the bullet and test it for you...

you should probably take your own advice and "gotta try it to really get it".
Old 12-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds turbonator'esque to me...

So, whos willing to try this out!
Old 12-04-2007, 01:01 PM
willyd6869

Ill try it out and write an install/review, but im in New Orleans
Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM
stav
Banned

Smile

Hey noodleman, it seems you are very quick to critise every time I post something, could be just me and if it is my appologies. Did you read the first post? I have had it in my car to test for months now. Hey Church long time buddy, hope all is well. You know the quality of products I'm used too. All I asked if someone wanted to try it out in the GTA and give me an opinion if they wanted to, not selling, not pushing, just asking for opinion. Thanks again Steve.

P.S. willyd6869

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it but I was looking for someone closer to monitor, installation and reaction first hand if possible. I'll let you know OK.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Reality350

OT:
Hi Stav,
I am doing well, thanks.
How hope you and yours are equally well.

On topic:

Whos up to try this!
I know there are at least 3 guys here driving through winter..
Old 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Smasher

Hey Steve,

I will try one of these if no one else in the GTA is interested but you will have to wait until the nice weather again before I get my car out.

Will it work with the APS TT kit and the HKS II Ignition I got from you this summer? Just wondering since these kits have harness kits and stuff.

thanks,
Dave
Old 12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
stav
Banned

Hey Davey,
Absolutely, it is for everyone to try and just collecting opinions. Come by in the spring whenever you want. Thanks for offering. Church, if your driving the Z in the winter let me know if you have a lunch available I will have my delivery driver drop of a unit for you to try it out and get your reaction. Take care.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:46 PM
noodleman

Originally Posted by stav
Hey noodleman, it seems you are very quick to critise every time I post something, could be just me and if it is my appologies. Did you read the first post? I have had it in my car to test for months now. Hey Church long time buddy, hope all is well. You know the quality of products I'm used too. All I asked if someone wanted to try it out in the GTA and give me an opinion if they wanted to, not selling, not pushing, just asking for opinion. Thanks again Steve.

P.S. willyd6869

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it but I was looking for someone closer to monitor, installation and reaction first hand if possible. I'll let you know OK.
i am being critical of this thread...simply cause it does sound like snake oil. I apologize for not reading the bit about you already having it on your car.

Note that i'm not the only skeptic in this thread, so I don't see a reason why you had to point to me in particular.

Why didn't you post some results from your own experience so that others can be less skeptical?
Old 12-04-2007, 04:07 PM
stav
Banned

No problem, didn't mean to point out just don't want this to seem like I'm pushing stuff, that's why I offered for anyone around to try it as it is something I was considering offering. Just don't know how this market woul accept it, as it is not Europe with twisty demanding roads that require on/off throttle more then this side of the pond with our 100's of K's of straight road.
I wanted second and third opinions before I post results only from one source (me) it will look more dubuios and inevitably didn't want to have this exact conversation about it. Let me know if you are willing to try and give an honest evaluation, I can swing by or have someone put in in for a day or two so you can check it out. Take care

Last edited by stav; 12-04-2007 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
XuperXero

Stav's a vendor. It's obvious that no one will take his opinion seriously, they might just take him as someone trying to sell this stuff. Good idea to get 2nd/3rd opinion. If I still had my car, I'd drop by JRP to try it out.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
stav
Banned

Thanks XuperXero , it is exactly my point. I don't want to invest in something without asking my customer base what "they" think about it as nothing like it exsists for the car in the marketplace. Do you miss the Z? Havn't driven mine for a few weeks and the Chevy Tracker is killing me.... Feel like your driving one of those big bouncing rubber ***** the hot chicks at the gym are usually all over, terrible can't wait for March!

Last edited by stav; 12-04-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Reality350

Church, if your driving the Z in the winter let me know if you have a lunch available I will have my delivery driver drop of a unit for you to try it out and get your reaction. Take care.
My Z is sleeping..
But I would be willing to try once its back on the road
Old 12-04-2007, 05:12 PM
stav
Banned

Cool
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
XuperXero

Do you miss the Z? Havn't driven mine for a few weeks and the Chevy Tracker is killing me....
Borrowing mom's 06 VW Jetta 2.5 to get around. I get extreme road rage with it, I have to literally almost floor it just to accelerate to up to speed while in the Z was only a tap of a throttle :P
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by XuperXero
Borrowing mom's 06 VW Jetta 2.5 to get around. I get extreme road rage with it, I have to literally almost floor it just to accelerate to up to speed while in the Z was only a tap of a throttle :P
you should invest in a good civic for your next car .. when the vtec kicks in, it's all over
Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 PM
EXCITE

Last edited by EXCITE; 12-31-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:25 PM
EXCITE

Forgot to mention, it must be a manual. 5 or 6 speed.
If you can make it for the HR Auto im game. Don't say you can not do it, just make it happen.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Reality350

^I think hes looking for someone local..

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster,nissan 350z '02-'07