Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.
View Poll Results: Has anyone wanted tried Sprint booster before?
Yes, I know all about it awesome difference
1.33%
I have heard of it but havn't tried it
4.00%
Don't know about it
88.00%
Heard about it, not impressed
6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Sprint Booster,nissan 350z '02-'07

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:50 AM
stav
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes there is an Automatic version, but in the first trial order I only brought in the manual version. I can tell you from trying it in an 08 Passat today the difference is stagering. I will let you know when the next order comes in in 2 weeks time.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 PM
toples z

Will it work with the HR? if so i might be in as soon as my car is out of the garage.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Sponge

Does the TS re-flash include some adjustment to throttle response other than the removal of the WOT restriction code?

If I could use the Sprint booster too I might have thought control over my pedal
Old 01-13-2008, 08:55 PM
stav
Banned

auto version coming in a few days, for free trials.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 AM
rayzzee

got one on the z now for almost a week.. the car feels way more aggresive and growls more yyyaaahhhh...im loving it...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rayzzee
got one on the z now for almost a week.. the car feels way more aggresive and growls more yyyaaahhhh...im loving it...
growls more???

did you add I or E mods?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
rayzzee

Originally Posted by Reality350
growls more???

did you add I or E mods?
just the sb plug in..I mod is next, before i would have to step on it to get that loader growl from the exhaust.. now it seems to do it under normal driving..
Old 01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
XChacalX

I live in Borden not far from Toronto .. soo i could try it for 2-3 days on my 07 Zr since im driving it during the winter ,, but what stop me from buying it right now is the price tag and not much information about the gain i could get with that little toy .

Last edited by XChacalX; 01-15-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:36 AM
rayzzee

dudes, im local and i got one...nice. (note: a liitle tricky to drive in slippery conditions) not much throttle needed to get going....
Old 01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
stav
Banned

Hey XChacalX,

I need to confirm that it is the same pedal on the new HR model, worry about the price and after you try it out. Come on in we'll put it in and give us some feedback on it.

Last edited by stav; 01-17-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Posted on some Mercedes forum:

"I'm sorry to start a new thread here. But I find that I needa speak up before you guys misunderstood the "real" function of this Sprint Booster.

- Sprint Booster was fairly well documented in a few Asian car magazine 4-5 months ago.

- Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine output. If you go back to the basic consideration, you'll realize what the engine needs in order to increase your power output. Don't be fooled by this Sprint Booster.

- Sprint Booster is a device that intercept your "electronic" throttle signals when you accelerate. Example: If you are accelerating from 0 km/h, Sprint Booster will intercept your throttle input and fool the ECU that you're gunning it with full throttle. Hence, the WOT mode is there. In results, your car "feels" faster. However, I do NOT believe that you can NOT achieve the same results with a heavy right foot on the pedal.

- You will not feel the difference if you're in full throttle mode on the highway when you're rolling because the Sprint Booster is simply a device that fools your throttle to be wide open or open the throttle at a higher rate.

- So, why so many people feel that Sprint Booster works for them? Answer: You won't WOT (Wide open throttle) at every green lights right? Sprint Booster is more like a device that fools your engine to Wide Open Throttle whenever you press on the gas pedal.

- Why didn't Mercedes put this "monster" device into their products? Answer: Because our "electronic" throttle pedals went throught hundreds and thousands of calculations with different sensors input in order to calculation the right amount of air and fuel in the engine. MB has their own " safety net" to protect the engine from blowing up. Do you guys know that?

In conclusion:
1) Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine power output.
2) Sprint Booster will NOT increase your engine torque output.
3) Sprint Booster will causes decreased gas mileage.
4) Sprint Booster will void your factory warranty.
5) You can achieve the same results with a heavy right foot on the gas pedal at every intersection signal lights.
6) Sprint Booster is going around for USD $300 installed (including Labor) in Taiwan.
"

Quick summary:

And there you have it. Some of you paid $300 for someone to push the pedal harder for you. It does nothing but fool the car into thinking that you are pushing the pedal harder than you are. Say you apply 10% pressure, sprint booster "fools" the computer into thinking pressure is at 30%. I mean track time is largely based on reaction time. Don't you think if the reaction times were so much better than stock your 1/4mile time would be that much faster? It's not because you're at full throttle and the sprint booster can't fool you at that point. You achieve the same goal by mashing on the gas pedal.

and a quote from another board that sums it all up nicely:

If I want 3/4 pedal at the throttle body, then I'll give her 3/4 pedal. If I want 3/4 pedal when I give it 1/8 pedal then I'm dumb.

Last edited by bender; 01-18-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Accordaleer

Never really experienced the delay. Maybe because the last car I had for 3 years was DBW. Not sure, I hit the gas and it goes. Good enough for me.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 AM
bender

and here's a guy who ran tests on it:

I ran some tests with and without a Sprint Booster in my SLK. I wrote a technical white paper on the results. You can download it from bipesauto.com/sprintbooster.

The Sprint Booster is a simple amplifier that multiplies the accelerator pedal sensor signal, making the accelerator pedal more sensitive. It does not eliminate any significant delay in throttle response, nor does it greatly improve acceleration figures. It does not change the adaptive throttle control programming of electronic throttle control vehicles. It does change pedal “feel”. This change in feel is interpreted by some as improved throttle response, acceleration, and a change in adaptive throttle control programming. Considering what it actually does, it is expensive.

Summary of his tests? All the Sprint Booster does it amplify the throttle signal up about 30%, leaving the top third of the pedal "dead". You get the same results by pushing 30% harder. And last but not least, the total cost of the electronics found in the sprint booster is in the range of $5.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Accordaleer

WOT at half push!!!! ...........
Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
stav
Banned

Smile

Hey Bender, did you know the guy you are "quoting" above is a electronic manufacturer, I didn't think you would as we know about this guy and his calculations which Sprint Booster has made several replies to in Europe.

There was never a claim of hp or trq improvements, as you can see from the begining all we have stated is that the delay in response from the time the pedal is depressed to the actual timing of the response is shortened, that's it that's all. It is completely removeable, plus the fact that is it promoted using a try before you buy mentality, the consumer makes the decision to buy it after driving it around a bit.

And it does not go WOT at half push, it gets rid of the delay. Try not to point out the down falls without even having an experience and going of the net alone, this is why I want real experience opinions over something someone said that was a competitor to the product, from some Benz board. Come in and try then post, just like the other customer did and seemed pretty happy I would say. See you soon.

If there are any Moderators viewing I would love to send some samples for a product review and comments.

Last edited by stav; 01-24-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:59 PM
XuperXero

As far as I can tell, Stav is right. From what I've read so far, it seems like a diode or resistor built into a harness which eliminates voltage lag so the voltage signal can go to the drive by wire throttle body faster. Therefore, better response.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:25 AM
bender

Originally Posted by stav
There was never a claim of hp or trq improvements
Never did I say it was claming hp gains. If the response time is improved so much to the point where people are saying the change is extreme, show me some 1/4 times or 0-60 times that back up such statements. It shouldn't be hard, yet I havent found a single thread on the internet where anyone shows any gains.

Originally Posted by stav
Come in and try then post, just like the other customer did and seemed pretty happy I would say
I could care less what someone's butt dyno says. I've seen people add mods with no performance gains or gains of 1 hp and swear they can feel the car going faster.

Im not trying to put you down, but you can have 100 people try this thing and they can all praise it. I'm still going to call it crap till I see improvements in time with actual facts not by "feeling". $300 is a lot of money to spend on something with no proven gains.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:36 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by bender
I could care less what someone's butt dyno says. I've seen people add mods with no performance gains or gains of 1 hp and swear they can feel the car going faster.
i'll refrain from making my standard comment to this
Old 01-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
i'll refrain from making my standard comment to this
Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM
stav
Banned

Talking

OK, Bender. So the tens of thousands of customers who are happy with the product in Asia,Europe, and now North America mean nothing to you that's cool. Like I said from the beginning it is response time NOT horsepwer that is being improved, come and try it for yourself first hand. I will personally install it for you, explain how it works, then I am sure to see a big grin on your face then see what happens from there.If you don't think that this is for you then thats cool too. Not lookin for a pissing contest just some feedback from people who have tried it first hand, if that is you then great make judgment once you tried it for yourself.

Last edited by stav; 01-22-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster,nissan 350z '02-'07