Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.
View Poll Results: Has anyone wanted tried Sprint booster before?
Yes, I know all about it awesome difference
1.33%
I have heard of it but havn't tried it
4.00%
Don't know about it
88.00%
Heard about it, not impressed
6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Sprint Booster,nissan 350z '02-'07

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
edvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smasher
^^ Nice artical that sums it up.

PS I think my car would look nice in the PAS mag when the new Eng is complete at Sasha's shop ~next month.
a;lskdfj poasiht odjnflaksdjfo; aisdi2u05uqwejklsadjf;l

*** wait til our 2 projects finish, i bet we will go on PASmag b4 u *** cough cough...

btw sprint booster is nice to have
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Smasher

Originally Posted by edvy
a;lskdfj poasiht odjnflaksdjfo; aisdi2u05uqwejklsadjf;l

*** wait til our 2 projects finish, i bet we will go on PASmag b4 u *** cough cough...
LMAO! Well then when you make the PAS Mag let me be first to say Congrats.

But you are holding back Ed. 2 projects?

Could I be to bold to guess something to do with pistions? Just a hunch.

I will meet you at the bike rack.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Smasher

Oh and BTW I have the sprint booster advantage.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:18 AM
edvy

,, nah .. sprint booster doesnt do anything machanical wise... only opens up your t-body plate earlier... i got NO FEAR racing your z :P
Old 02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

^^ let the smack talking begin
Old 02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
CaliforniaJ

This is a simple Racepak log of the Sprint booster in a Honda fit.

The upper lines in the graph are "g" and the lower two are MPH....

In the top of the graph you can see the logs of lateral g force - g force vs time. Now to save argument, the G meter, and any other log on the G2X Racepak, cannot be altered to favor the readings of one graph to another. The Racepak will only ever start reading at 5mph+ . So the Sprint Booster installed shows the same start point as the non sprint booster equipped test/log. This log was a duration of almost 7 seconds. The lower part of the graph shows the ramp of speed/acceleration vs time. Again, logged from the start of 5mph. To get more elaborate, with the same hardware and software, you could overlay this on a route you took say around the track or city street, all done by GPS.

The Racepak G2X datalog system in this case was in the car and operating as a standalone data-logger . It is not tied into any OEM equipment or sensors of the car. You can take it from car to car in a matter of seconds… It only requires an antenna to sit on the roof to monitor GPS co-ordinates. A g-meter sits in the brain of the Racepak.

Each line in red hue shows data of the sprint booster installed, showing the differences in speed and impact of acceleration over the stock non sprint booster equipped car.

The graph shows each value taken vs time in seconds. In this graph the Sprint Booster made the car react faster. Hence a shorter time to get to "x"mph and a shorter time from initiating throttle to feeling the lateral g force of the car (impact of acceleration).

I'm not stating the car accelerates faster or makes the TB open faster. The SB decreases the time it takes from you pressing the pedal and the car reacting, regardless of your position of the pedal/TB.

The log supports the main purpose of the SB, to cure the lag in the time it takes to get the car to react to pedal movement
Old 02-14-2009, 06:56 PM
XuperXero

So it's the same thing as BMW's "sports" mode then.

25% throttle becomes 50% throttle at TB
50% throttle becomes 70% throttle at TB
100% is still 100%

Tried it on the Z4, jerky as hell. Way too sensitive.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaliforniaJ
This is a simple Racepak log of the Sprint booster in a Honda fit.

The upper lines in the graph are "g" and the lower two are MPH....

In the top of the graph you can see the logs of lateral g force - g force vs time. Now to save argument, the G meter, and any other log on the G2X Racepak, cannot be altered to favor the readings of one graph to another. The Racepak will only ever start reading at 5mph+ . So the Sprint Booster installed shows the same start point as the non sprint booster equipped test/log. This log was a duration of almost 7 seconds. The lower part of the graph shows the ramp of speed/acceleration vs time. Again, logged from the start of 5mph. To get more elaborate, with the same hardware and software, you could overlay this on a route you took say around the track or city street, all done by GPS.

The Racepak G2X datalog system in this case was in the car and operating as a standalone data-logger . It is not tied into any OEM equipment or sensors of the car. You can take it from car to car in a matter of seconds… It only requires an antenna to sit on the roof to monitor GPS co-ordinates. A g-meter sits in the brain of the Racepak.

Each line in red hue shows data of the sprint booster installed, showing the differences in speed and impact of acceleration over the stock non sprint booster equipped car.

The graph shows each value taken vs time in seconds. In this graph the Sprint Booster made the car react faster. Hence a shorter time to get to "x"mph and a shorter time from initiating throttle to feeling the lateral g force of the car (impact of acceleration).

I'm not stating the car accelerates faster or makes the TB open faster. The SB decreases the time it takes from you pressing the pedal and the car reacting, regardless of your position of the pedal/TB.

The log supports the main purpose of the SB, to cure the lag in the time it takes to get the car to react to pedal movement