Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Buying volks in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM
tinlok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey for those of you who have bought from the states and shipped it to those US mailing address services, did you have the rims installed in buffalo so you can bring the old set back and don't have to claim any new purchases?

is there a good shop on the US side of niagara to get rims put on?

I am planning to get a set this summer and I want to weigh out the different options I have. If prices are ok with JRP then I'll definitely just do it in mississauga but if it's huge savings i think it'd be worth it to drive to niagara.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Shawn_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update
My brother and i picked up his roll bar at US mailing address last weekend and they are no strangers to Canadians. They even allowed us to toss all of our boxes and peanuts there so we didnt get hasseled at the border.
We then did a not so complete install of the roll bar right in the parking lot, put the hardtop back on and were off to the border
Since the shipping was free within the states, the cost of the roll bar was 400.00 and some change, add the cost of fuel and food (about 30$)

He had previously been quoted over $700 to have the exact same product shipped to his door, plus the cost of duties.
Thats over $300 in savings

Were going back for tires come spring, so if i find a reputable wheel shop there ill let you know.