Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

looking for input on a lowering and camper kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 AM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
oh and back to my searching, one of the shops I went to to get pricing on part and info on what I should do was Simone Performance Imports here is Newmarket where I live. I spoke with Steve and Vic, I was told by other people that Vic has done allot with Nissans racing cars and they know there stuff. I asked them about the camber kit, the said they I should do it. They are also going to order the springs for me and do the alignment afterwards.

http://www.simoneperformance.com/

I have searched, I was looking for what other people have done
Steve and Vic are great guys from what i've heard, if they said you need it, you probably do.

Think were at a stalemate here mate.
stalemate? I didn't realize we were playing a game.

To be honest the reason I posted in the east section is because I thought I would be more likely to get a response than In the tech area.

While suffing on e46.com beamer forum I was asking about the differences between models. This was after doing as much searching as a could, I had the information I was just looking to get it confirmed and determine if I understood it correctly. So I posted in the main forum and asked my question, said that I have searched already and not too tell me to use the search button as I have seen do to many other newbees before. A few people responded to me but a few people said to use the search button even after I mentioned not to say that and that I have done so already. I tired posting In the Toronto area of the forum and I found that they were a closer group of people and were more welcoming of me and my questions. This is why I asked in your east chat. I thought that I would not just be another post that would be overlooked and forgotten in a day and given more respect.
Maybe because in the e46 forums and and z forums we get noobs all the time and stick and tire of rehashing the same points over and over AND OVER again. You would not believe how many "Popcharger" threads we have on this board.

I do understand that you want people to search. I see people on my old j-body forum telling the newbees to search all of the time. The Newbees come on and ask a question like “can you put a sunfire front end on a cavalier” now everyone that has been a member more than a year knows that answer and 10 people have asked that same question in the same month. The older members get tired of the new ones asking the same questions and then they don’t want to waste there time answering them. The get mad because if the new people would have searched they would have found the information on their own,
if you understood that everyone here want people to search, you would've done it and wouldn't have needed this thread. Eibach is a pretty popular brand on the forums and it's beyond easy to find information about it. You know it's funny that you listed the exact reason why I politely noted that you should search.

Now me already knowing this I have done my best to answer the questions I have on my own through searches to avoid this situation from happening to me. I have honestly tried my best to find the answer this question and all of the other questions I have asked. I know how much time I have spent searching and then feel insulted when you make comments like these.
yea, you're the only one who "knows". Everyone else here who've been here a while know that you either haven't searched at all, or you're so indecisive that you can't make up your mind from the info available here. Seeing as how you "misspelled" camber in more than one occasion, asking about if you need arms to fix it, insulted is not the emotion you should feel when someone tells you to search. I'll give you a hint: the feeling starts with the letter "S" and rhymes with "tupid"
I am just trying to help you understand my point of view
if i needed to understanding your point of view, i would've posted a new thread asking about it.

When are you getting your stuff installed? Maybe you need us to hold your hand when you drive to Simone to install the springs and arms so it makes you feel like you're making the right choice.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xerman2001,

I have the prokit and yes, you will def need camber arms. Whether or not you decide to use the eccentric toe bolts is up to you, I guess it will depend on what amount of camber is acceptable.

A serious search would have yielded all this info...

I have heard good things about simone performance. A former owner "XuperXero" has commented on the quality of the work from that shop on more then one occasion.

R
Old 06-11-2008, 02:05 PM
XERMAN2001

Is the point of this site not for fellow Z owners to inform each other. To post pics of their cars, to have meets and ask questions.

I had answers, I had recommendations. I simply asked if others have gone in that direction. A simple yes I have done it or no I have not, would have been fine.

I didn’t ask if I should, I asked if YOU did. How can I find that information out without reading every one of your mod lists. All you need to do is say yes or no. If that’s wasting your time then just move on and spend you time posting in a thread about a Hot girl driving a Z (that doesn’t even have any pictures anyway) I am wasting your time but their not, just because I haven’t been around since you guys paid 50 grand plus for your cars 5 years ago doesn’t mean I don’t deserve respect.

I could have spent 50 plus grand on a new one but I didn’t want a loan. So I bought I used one for 25 and I am debt free.

I would like to that everyone else in this tread that has given me their setup. Thank you for the information.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much you paid for your car has nothing to do with respect. If you want respect around here, take some time and read to learn about the car, keep your car in good shape, do the mods right if you do them, and don't drive the car like you stole it. I respect everyone from stock to wild just the same as long as they deserve it.

Your last few threads have shown nothing to like this to deserve respect. All you've wanted so far is for people to spoon feed you information.

if you bothered to read my posts, i've said many times that eibach springs are popular around here and there are and there are plenty of experiences shared already. Why can't you trust those experiences? How do other member's experience not as good as local members with the same setup? What useful information can you get from this thread that haven't already been covered in the dozens of threads on eibach springs?

and you're welcome. I hope all the info I've posted in this thread finds you well.

Last edited by noodleman; 06-11-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:46 PM
XERMAN2001

i have ordered a Eibach pro kit and a SPC camber kit.

Thanks for the help