Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Does Nissan Dealership provide synthetic oil change ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Z-Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Nissan Dealership provide synthetic oil change ?

thinking about going back to the dealership for oil change...but i am not sure if they provide synthetic oil change for our Zees? anyone has any experiences before? thanks~
Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Kiriller

Got mine done at Agincourt nissan, had a nice complementary coffee and a muffin and before i knew it, its done i think next oil change i will do at the new newmarket nissan (on Leslie)
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Z-Lover

Originally Posted by Kiriller
Got mine done at Agincourt nissan, had a nice complementary coffee and a muffin and before i knew it, its done i think next oil change i will do at the new newmarket nissan (on Leslie)
so they do offer synthetic oil change? how much was it ?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:31 AM
edvy

i think they charge u $80 with mobil one
Old 01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to get my oil changed at Doner Nissan in Newmarket. Of course they do synthetic, they will do anything you want as long as they are making money on it.

Honestly though, if you are going to drive to Newmarket might as well go to Simone Performance (on Mulock) and get it done there. Vic and Steve are super cool guys and they are cheaper than the dealer, plus they are hardcore nissan guys so your car is treated right. You can walk in the bays and talk with the mechanics unlike the dealership. No free coffee or muffin, but that's no big deal to me.

www.simoneperformance.com - No I am not affiliated, just go there with my car.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:44 AM
noodleman

i remember when i use to go to the dealership for oil changes, the service rep told me they over charge for synth oil, and suggested that i bring my own to them to save money.

+1 on going to other shops for oil changes. Unless you're hell bent on getting it done at the dealership, you get better service and pricing at just about any other shop.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:47 AM
davidmcc

Originally Posted by Z-Lover
thinking about going back to the dealership for oil change...but i am not sure if they provide synthetic oil change for our Zees? anyone has any experiences before? thanks~
Dealerships do offer Oil changes with synthetic oil but one thing you should be weary of is the OEM oil filters.

Do a search, you'll be surprised

EDIT: check this out

Last edited by davidmcc; 01-07-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added link
Old 01-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

doing your own oil change ftw? its easy and not time consuming. you can get 5 quarts of castrol syntec 0w30 at autozone right now with a mobile 1 filter for $36.00. save youself $50.00 and do it yourself. its really really really easy. btw, the syntec 0w30 european formula has been proven through oil analysis tests to be the one of the best oils for the VQ.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Smasher

I used to do all my own oil changes for years.

Now getting rid of the old oil is a problem. I used to have the Convenience of my dad to take it to the shop where he worked. Now he is retired and I dont know anyone close to take it.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by Smasher

Now getting rid of the old oil is a problem. I used to have the Convenience of my dad to take it to the shop where he worked. Now he is retired and I dont know anyone close to take it.
i just take it to my local Kwik Car. They just let me dump it into their catch tank.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM
norapat01

Originally Posted by davidmcc
Dealerships do offer Oil changes with synthetic oil but one thing you should be weary of is the OEM oil filters.

Do a search, you'll be surprised

EDIT: check this out
whoa....I have no idea it's that bad. Guess I can just buy my own stuff and have guys at other shop do the work.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:41 PM
davidmcc

I found the local PEP BOYS will take used motor oil, I'm not sure if other parts stores do this too.

I took the Z to an oil change place 1 time (brought my own filter) and after wards noticed the plastic belly pan was messed up from them yanking on it. I still take my Jeep there but I now do everything myself when it comes to the Z.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
XuperXero

I've gotten my oil change done numerous times at dealerships, I always bought my own synthetic oil (motul).

It's only $30, $20 for labour and $10 for filter.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 AM
mclovin.too

Change your own oil. That way you REALLY know what is used and done right. Its very easy and you will feel good about yourself when done.

Any parts store will take back your old oil.

5 QTS of a synthetic oil (Mobil 1, Castrol, etc) plus a good filter ( pure one, mobil 1, k&n, wix). I would try to stay away from OEM, fram and other cheap junk, if you have a choice.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
XERMAN2001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Newmarket, the first old change I had done was at Alta Nissan with Mobil 1 and a oem filter. It was around $80 with tax. The 2nd oil change I did myself with Mobil 1 and a oem filter, I bought the old on sale and filter from the dealer, it cost me around $52 total.

I have been to Simone Performance, I had my alignment done there, they seem like good guys.

I have also been to Doner Nissan, they were good to me so far. I removed my seats and had to have my obd2 reset to clear a code. The Service manger came out and reset it for free. I also lost my wheel lock key, I bought a new lock set ($50) and he removed the old set and installed the new set for free.

I was also able to get Alta Nissan to reprogram my wheel pressure sensors for free.

I have been told that I can use aftermarket oil but only use a oem filter, should I be buying a Mobil 1 filter instead?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
edvy

we got a recycling oil container outside our shop, help yourself
Old 01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Boorad

Royal Purple 'Performance Improvments' Mulock in Newmarket
$100-115 for 12Q's (2 + oil changes)
and you get 1 filter with that too
Old 01-08-2009, 02:47 PM
mclovin.too

Originally Posted by XERMAN2001
I live in Newmarket, the first old change I had done was at Alta Nissan with Mobil 1 and a oem filter. It was around $80 with tax. The 2nd oil change I did myself with Mobil 1 and a oem filter, I bought the old on sale and filter from the dealer, it cost me around $52 total.

I have been to Simone Performance, I had my alignment done there, they seem like good guys.

I have also been to Doner Nissan, they were good to me so far. I removed my seats and had to have my obd2 reset to clear a code. The Service manger came out and reset it for free. I also lost my wheel lock key, I bought a new lock set ($50) and he removed the old set and installed the new set for free.

I was also able to get Alta Nissan to reprogram my wheel pressure sensors for free.

I have been told that I can use aftermarket oil but only use a oem filter, should I be buying a Mobil 1 filter instead?

Do a search on here, someone cut open the oem filter. Didn't look so good.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by Boorad
Royal Purple 'Performance Improvments' Mulock in Newmarket
$100-115 for 12Q's (2 + oil changes)
and you get 1 filter with that too
RP ftl, if you want water thin oil protecting your engine go for it.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
blown-by-twins

I always enjoy reading replies like this guy above me,a quick comment with nothing to back it up or even a story to tell just a short little sentence.how about you do not post unless you have something educated to say with some proof.i would even settle for a friend of a friend story.
thanks

Quick Reply: Does Nissan Dealership provide synthetic oil change ?