Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Mosport Lapping pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003 | 03:47 PM
maxrpm

Default Mosport Lapping pics

You guys that never come to the track are really missing out on what your car can really do!

http://168.144.104.48/maxrpm/2003/mosport090103a.htm
http://168.144.104.48/maxrpm/2003/mosport090103b.htm
Old 09-10-2003 | 04:49 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Sweet pix!

I'm new to TO... where's the track?
Is there a Web site I can go to for details/directions?

Cheers!

PS - I see a couple STis on the track... how did they do compared to the Z?
Old 09-10-2003 | 05:53 PM
Kayaalp

Unhappy Ouch!

Hey Maxrpm...

What happened to that 944? Looks nasty.

BTW, were you at Mosport Dayze last weekend? That black Maxima looks familiar. I'm the guy with the white E30 318is. I think we were in the same group.

Emre
Old 09-10-2003 | 06:02 PM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by RoadRagerInTherapy
I'm new to TO... where's the track?
Mosport's in Bowmanville, about 50km east of Toronto. If you've never been there before (and especially if you haven't done track days before) you might want to think twice about doing an open track day there. Mosport's not as forgiving as some other tracks in the Toronto area...it can bite you pretty hard!

Either sign up for a good driving school, like the BMW Club or PCA, or start with a more forgiving track, like Cayuga/TMP or Shannonville. Almost everyone I know who has wrecked a car on the track has done it at Mosport! You'll get a lot more out of track days if you start with a few schools before signing up for open lapping days. The only open days I'll go to anymore are ones where everyone has to first get signed off to drive solo by the CCA or PCA. I've seen too much carnage at those that are open to just anyone who's willing to pay. The worst was one held by a local Porsche/Audi dealer at Sanair. What a freaking nightmare that was. There were P-cars kissing the walls everywhere.

Emre
Old 09-10-2003 | 06:03 PM
maxrpm

Emre, that was me, we were at the last school together in May/June as well.

The Porsche ran off the track coming out of tiurn one, went across the track and hit the wall at the entry of turn 2. Only damage was to the car and the guys ego.

You should come to the next Kensai day on October 10th. Lot's more track time then the school.
Old 09-10-2003 | 06:18 PM
Kayaalp

Originally posted by maxrpm
Emre, that was me, we were at the last school together in May/June as well.
I thought it was you. I had my weekend cut short due to some mechanical troubles following an engine transplant. What a PITA. I only got 2 good runs in the whole weekend. It was really annoying since I got in off the wait list at the last minute (that's why I got stuck in the C group).

The first run was a total waste, the second was good, then I got a flat tire two laps into the third. On Sunday, one of my coolant hoses let go and dumped all the coolant. Thank god it happened just as I pulled into the pits. The enduro took out a bunch of my friends: my buddy Phil wrecked his E30 M3 when he got tapped and pushed into the wall; my friend Cherif got a seized right front caliper; and my friend Fabio got rear ended in his Euro E30 M3. All 4 of us limped back to Montreal in a giant, crippled convoy. It was pretty lame!

The Porsche ran off the track coming out of turn one, went across the track and hit the wall at the entry of turn 2. Only damage was to the car and the guys ego.
That's a tricky part of the course. The camber drops off just as you get to the track out. People panic when they run up onto the turtles and jerk the wheel to the left. Then they shoot across the track. Something similar happens at Watkins Glen on the left just before the right-hander going onto the front straight.

You should come to the next Kensai day on October 10th. Lot's more track time then the school.
Like I said in the previous post, I'm a little nervous about open lapping days. I've seen too much stupid sh*t going on. What is Kensai?

Emre
Old 09-10-2003 | 06:30 PM
maxrpm

http://www.kensairacing.com and a group of Porsche racers rent out the track and alternate every 30 minutes. You get the odd idiot, but for the most part everyone is experienced and safe, $250 prepaid.
Old 09-15-2003 | 12:37 PM
agisd

Originally posted by maxrpm

This is at Mosport?

It's Friday though.
Old 09-15-2003 | 12:53 PM
maxrpm

Yep Friday....call in sick!
Old 09-18-2003 | 06:17 PM
t350z

Hey, can you give me the scoop on what is happening on Oct. 10th. I've been watching the paper for track days at Mosport (I live 20 minutes away) but haven't seen anything. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 09-18-2003 | 06:29 PM
maxrpm

All info can be found here....hope to see you there....
http://www.kensairacing.com/mosport_events.html