Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

How much do you pay for insurance ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bing240sx
Sounds like that was a specific claims advisor's take on their guidelines. Meloche Monnex (TD) frowns upon modifications as much as any other company out there but their policies may not specifically point that out.

As a general rule, premium insurers will not care about mods and will insure them. These are the companies that insure people who have multiple homes, cars, boats etc. They'll just clump it all into a single premium. TD MMI has an arm called Primmum that is geared towards that end. Chubb is the another one. The Economical is coming out with a new line of insurance that will cater to these guys as well.
I'm with Monnex but didn't really get into the details too much as most people don't know what Monnex is and it's all under TD Insurance now Monnex name is gone now pretty well. Monnex is group for people with some type of association so not just anybody can insure through them. Without getting too deep into the weeds I just said TD Insurance because it's all been moved under that banner now anyway.

I have owned multiple modified cars with Monnex and they have never cared about any of the power mods, only if it had a body kit and fancy paint. Other then that they never worried. I told Monnex when I bought my wheels telling them there were $3000 wheel/tire setup and they said just take pictures and keep the receipt as proof. They went on to ask if there was a body kit or fancy paint again haha..

If you have crazy body kits of paint work then most insurers will just tell you to take a hike. You will need to get specialized insurance for that type of thing, read: expensive.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:45 AM
kasimmmmm

how are some ppl here paying less than a 100 bucks? thats awesome...
I'm paying another 140 for an 04 civic I own as well.. I wish I could pay less.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 AM
350z-Jim

How old are you? Do you have multiple cars and a house on the policy? Are you married? Where do you live?

Im 32, Married, 15 years insured no accidents and have 2 cars plus the house on the policy and live in Aurora. My S4 is more expensive than my 350z is with a V8 but even it's 125 per month. If you live at Jane and Finch it's way more expensive, so your proximity to a bad area will help or hurt you.

If you are living at home, not married, one car that kinda deal then its gonna be more expensive. If you are in the same sort of situation I am, you need to call around cause there is cheaper insurance to be had in that case. I wouldn't pay over $100 for a 6 cyl car. I insured my Porsche for less than $100 a month as well. I could probably insure a Lambo for $150 lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Sleepy79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
If you live at Jane and Finch it's way more expensive, so your proximity to a bad area will help or hurt you.
Tell me about it... moving from burlington to hamilton cost me almost $500 more a year.