Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

How much do you pay for insurance ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:59 AM
mini me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much do you pay for insurance ?

My question targets the Guys in the late 40's with a clean driving record or maybe one speeding ticket in the past 2 years. How much does it cost to insure a Z in the GTA.
If i don't loose my job and my wifestill let me buy it,i will most likely buy a brand new '08 350Z. I was just asking before they give me a quote on the phone and i say WTF are you nuts !
Thanks

Michel
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
goneinsixtyseconds

Originally Posted by mini me
My question targets the Guys in the late 40's with a clean driving record or maybe one speeding ticket in the past 2 years. How much does it cost to insure a Z in the GTA.
If i don't loose my job and my wifestill let me buy it,i will most likely buy a brand new '08 350Z. I was just asking before they give me a quote on the phone and i say WTF are you nuts !
Thanks

Michel
hmmm ... guys int he late 40's ...

reality350, what do you pay now?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
bender

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mini me
Thanks

Michel
You're wasting your time. Get a real quote because it'll only take 5 minutes.

You're never going to find a ballpark figure on here.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im 32 clean record married 2 cars and house on policy. $90 a month with full coverage and $500 deductible.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Smasher

In my late 40's

I was paying 1,100/yr (much less if you take into the account I took collision ins off off 6mths of the year). Then all that changed fast. I added a bunch of mods and informed my Ins about them so I would be covered in case of an accident or someone stole my car etc.. Well crap!!!!!!!! After two Ins co in less than 1 year cancelled for no reason against me personally that I know of I am on my 3rd co and paying well over double what I was before.

I have a good driving record no tickets no accidents (until a couple weeks ago some biotch pulled out in front of me in my cavalier) Even my wife and kids tell me I drive to slow because I do the speed limit ...... or at least close to it.

Even though I beleive I have done the right thing by informing Ins I have all this extra stuff I am pissed that its costing me a fortune and I could be driving a viper or corvette and pay much less.

This ins thing just about killed my dreams of building my car and is still a sore spot when the muscle cars can do what ever they please and be grandfathered in under the 15 year and older collector car thing.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:25 PM
XERMAN2001

I am 26, clean record. 2004 350 full coverage, $500 deductible I pay $150 a month if it was on the road for 12 months. so $150 in the summer and around $60 ish$ in the winter, i am not sure i just bought it in May

I pay $140 a month for my 1998 cavalier (winter car), I am getting ripped on that car

i am with Desjarjin, who use to be The personal, who use be Curtas direct, who use to be Cibc when i started with them in 1999

Last edited by XERMAN2001; 02-19-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:28 AM
maroli

Originally Posted by Smasher
In my late 40's

I was paying 1,100/yr (much less if you take into the account I took collision ins off off 6mths of the year). Then all that changed fast. I added a bunch of mods and informed my Ins about them so I would be covered in case of an accident or someone stole my car etc.. Well crap!!!!!!!! After two Ins co in less than 1 year cancelled for no reason against me personally that I know of I am on my 3rd co and paying well over double what I was before.

I have a good driving record no tickets no accidents (until a couple weeks ago some biotch pulled out in front of me in my cavalier) Even my wife and kids tell me I drive to slow because I do the speed limit ...... or at least close to it.

Even though I beleive I have done the right thing by informing Ins I have all this extra stuff I am pissed that its costing me a fortune and I could be driving a viper or corvette and pay much less.

This ins thing just about killed my dreams of building my car and is still a sore spot when the muscle cars can do what ever they please and be grandfathered in under the 15 year and older collector car thing.

honestly, I'd only report your very expensive mods (forged rims, ti exhaust) and leave the rest unreported.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Smasher

Originally Posted by maroli
honestly, I'd only report your very expensive mods (forged rims, ti exhaust) and leave the rest unreported.
haha you should see my mod list.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Sleepy79

In my late 40's

insurance is nothing but a socially acceptable criminal organization that is government endorsed...

I think this will be the last year my Z will see the street. Lets face it once you are on a track you are not even covered. Why pay for nothing?

Last edited by Sleepy79; 02-17-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
maroli

do tell!
Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by maroli
do tell!
You will see it in person next season, once you move to T.O..
Old 02-18-2009, 04:26 AM
350z-Jim

My insurance company told me that they didn't care about mods like wheels and exhaust etc it wouldn't increase my insurance cost. What they didn't want was a car with a body kit and fancy paint that would cost huge amounts of money to fix. So anything show carish they were very wery about. They said I could do the paint and body kit stuff (yeah right lol) but they would not pay to put the car back together any way other than stock.

I'm with TD Insurance maybe give them a try. They even said performance mods and rims were not really a big deal unless you put a V8 in the car or something like that.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:56 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
My insurance company told me that they didn't care about mods like wheels and exhaust etc it wouldn't increase my insurance cost. What they didn't want was a car with a body kit and fancy paint that would cost huge amounts of money to fix. So anything show carish they were very wery about. They said I could do the paint and body kit stuff (yeah right lol) but they would not pay to put the car back together any way other than stock.

I'm with TD Insurance maybe give them a try. They even said performance mods and rims were not really a big deal unless you put a V8 in the car or something like that.
TD will laugh at Smasher...
Old 02-18-2009, 06:02 AM
bing240sx
Banned

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim

Sounds like that was a specific claims advisor's take on their guidelines. Meloche Monnex (TD) frowns upon modifications as much as any other company out there but their policies may not specifically point that out.

As a general rule, premium insurers will not care about mods and will insure them. These are the companies that insure people who have multiple homes, cars, boats etc. They'll just clump it all into a single premium. TD MMI has an arm called Primmum that is geared towards that end. Chubb is the another one. The Economical is coming out with a new line of insurance that will cater to these guys as well.

In my conversations with Eco staffers, candidly and off the record, they dont really care about mods either, just dont try to claim them if you didnt tell them about it.

I've had comp claims on my modified cars before, it was a total and i just wanted the cheque for the chassis and to keep the salvage. It wasnt an issue despite the entire car being modified. But the adjuster was third party through Crawford which may have had an impact on it.

Last edited by bing240sx; 02-18-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 AM
kasimmmmm

25 years old... i just realized I'm paying too much! I pay $174, full coverage... clean record. Certas Insurance is crap. You guys should state the companies you're with.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:30 AM
06blueZ

im 27, have multi line discount between my 2 cars and house with the same company, but my Z insurance is $56 a month, State farm 500 deduct.

Last edited by 06blueZ; 02-18-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
arthur_z27

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
25 years old... i just realized I'm paying too much! I pay $174, full coverage... clean record. Certas Insurance is crap. You guys should state the companies you're with.
174 is sounds pretty good to me

I'm 24 and I'm paying $287 a month
Old 02-18-2009, 07:52 AM
mini me

Question Z less expensive to insure than a cooper "s"

Believe it or not i called my insurance and a '08 "Z" is cheaper to insure than a '09 cooper "s" by $200.00. It's got to be the resale value factor,not so much the horsepower. This was good news since i've got a B0*** for the 350 "Z" not so much for the 370, eventhough people say the 350 is outdated,
yesterday when i drove by a 350 that was parked i got a warm feeling thinking it could be mine
Old 02-18-2009, 08:01 AM
06blueZ

your right, the 350z is outdated. I'd recommend buying the mini cooper.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
That is actually very well priced considering your age.. I am assuming your family uses the same insurer/broker?

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
im 27, have multi line discount between my 2 cars and house with the same company, but my Z insurance is $56 a month, State farm 500 deduct.
Thats a great price as well...
I was with SF and mine was $120/mth full coverage + life insurance + home insurance with a 300 dd.. but I was only insured during the summer months.. winter months she would sleep, and I remember paying like $15/mth while storing her..

Quick Reply: How much do you pay for insurance ?