Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Handicap Privileges... Ohhh yeah.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:16 PM
350z-Jim

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Handicap Privileges... Ohhh yeah.

So I had surgery again (7 now) after complications from dumpin my bike at Cayuga 3 years ago. Not walkin well yet (pushing clutch is ok) after my surgery, but I do get good parking!

Last edited by 350z-Jim; 03-31-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Default That's...

hardcore man. Get better asap...
Old 03-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Kiriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna say "lucky" but, ended up just quoting my self. Hope you get better soon, glad those always-empty spaces actually come to good use
Old 03-28-2009, 01:45 PM
booger

Sorry to hear you dumped your bike and are not 100%

But Im amazed at the number of younger people these days that think that if they walk with a limp that they need a handicap sticker .

I dont know your level of your injury , But I think if you can walk with a cane , you are not handicaped .

Seems everyone wants something for nothing these days !!!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:34 PM
intense660

best deterrent for dings.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 PM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by booger
Sorry to hear you dumped your bike and are not 100%

But Im amazed at the number of younger people these days that think that if they walk with a limp that they need a handicap sticker .

I dont know your level of your injury , But I think if you can walk with a cane , you are not handicaped .

Seems everyone wants something for nothing these days !!!
You are right you don't know an fing thing about my injuries. I just got out of surgery 6 weeks ago and was on crutches until 2 days ago. I have a hole in my skin right to the bone and have dressing changes by a nurse in my house daily. I also have antibiotics being injected daily by iv in my house. Once in a while I am able to get about and barely walk and drive my car. So I took a pic.

So before you make stupid *** commends, you ****head, think about what you are saying. When somebody has a handicap pass (which are only given by doctors) they need it.

Now go F off and take ur fail with you.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Jime
Banned

I'm his Dad and I had to drive him to see his surgeon on Wednesday so I can confirm his handicap status. He was just given the ok to put a bit more weight on the leg and try out the cane but is still far from being out of the woods.

He has another appt in 3 weeks with his surgeon who is probably going to put him on a vacuum machine to try and close the wound so its not over yet.

Hopefully though this will have been the final operation and he can go back to living a somewhat normal life.
Old 03-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Kiriller

must be cool to have a car enthusiast dad
Old 03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
booger

Originally Posted by 350z-Jim
You are right you don't know an fing thing about my injuries. I just got out of surgery 6 weeks ago and was on crutches until 2 days ago. I have a hole in my skin right to the bone and have dressing changes by a nurse in my house daily. I also have antibiotics being injected daily by iv in my house. Once in a while I am able to get about and barely walk and drive my car. So I took a pic.

So before you make stupid *** commends, you ****head, think about what you are saying. When somebody has a handicap pass (which are only given by doctors) they need it.

Wow...you really took my post as if i was directing it ONLY at you .
re-read my post and re-think what i said . You posted a pic of your car sitting in a handicap parking and are boasting about getting to park close . How should we take that ? Maybe you came across as being someone that thought he was getting over on the man and was getting something you didnt need .Did you think about that before you posted ?

the first thing I said in the post was...Im sorry you dumped your bike and arent 100%.....and that still stands even if you are so dam angry at the world because you fcked YOURSELF up on your bike .
Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
novakain

Hope you get better....

LOL...well played...lol
Old 03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
novakain

Damn Booger... this is like the Rick Ross verses 50 beef...stay tuned

the first thing I said in the post was...Im sorry you dumped your bike and arent 100%.....and that still stands even if you are so dam angry at the world because you fcked YOURSELF up on your bike .
Old 03-28-2009, 07:55 PM
booger

Originally Posted by novakain
Damn Booger... this is like the Rick Ross verses 50 beef...stay tuned
^^^^^
Old 03-29-2009, 04:37 AM
350z-Jim

Dude, I posed it in the East Canada thread because most people here know that I had surgery very recently. I am not boasting here like I am "ripping off the man". It's not like I posted this in the lounge. I posted about a week ago saying I couldn't even drive my car because I was on crutches and had no idea when I would be able to. I finally get to drive it once I can barely support myself so I posted the handicap pic so people here would know I finally made it out, for the first time.

People making assumptions about somebody who has a handicap pass is why you posted in the first place. They are called stereotypes:

But I think if you can walk with a cane , you are not handicaped .
I am making assumptions? Read that and ask yourself why I got mad? So after having 7 surgeries and most recently full re-construction surgery on my left tibia to correct all kinds of problems making it so I couldn't walk and just as of 2 days ago I'm able to barely walk on a cane I am not handicapped? People have handicap parking passes who have severe asthma, but physically you can't tell there is anything wrong with them. You can not make assumptions based on what you see and read.

Making an assumption about somebody who has physical injuries causing them hardship is really nice. Tell me next, do you laugh and point at people in Wheel chairs too? Cause I was in one of those for about 5 months as well. Guess I'm not handicapped at all. It makes me sad that you even think it's ok to say something like that.

Dude I'm not angry at the world, I dislike comments like this "But I think if you can walk with a cane , you are not handicaped"... The next person you see with a cane in the handicapped space, please feel free to walk up to them and say that. See what their reaction is.

My response to you was harsh because I was upset, I also realize you have no idea what has happened to me. In my daily life I also deal with this type of scrutiny from people staring and judging me. It really sucks when it happens because I really do need that pass. When I have to see my Doctor I have to generally drive myself (though my dad helped me last time) and I can not walk very far at all. Without that parking pass I wouldn't even make my follow up appointments. I figured at least here at My305z I would be able to post a pic and have a fun laugh at my own expense regarding my "privileges" around guys who know what happened to me, and this is what I get.

Last edited by 350z-Jim; 03-29-2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:49 AM
dohc350z

Unhappy

Good luck Jim, hope you get better...That's why I'm not posting anymore about me and my car...Last time I posted a thread of my new car dropped, i got a... FAILED (?)...Geezz...

DOHC350z

P.S. What is your iv Rx ? Cefazolin ? Clindamycin ? Ancef ?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:11 AM
350z-Jim

I'm allergic to Penicillin so it's Vancomycin... (yeah i know strong stuff..) Before I learned of my allergy it was Ampicillin... Then I got itchy..
Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 AM
sdavis1090

Good luck with the recovery!
your Z is sexy!
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 AM
dieselmcore

im not feelin the rims on the G coupe...
Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 AM
350z-Jim

Originally Posted by dieselmcore
im not feelin the rims on the G coupe...
Hahaha, yeah totally. It's his winter wheels and tires. I saw him driving in and we exchanged a nod..
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 AM
dieselmcore

Hahaha, yeah totally. It's his winter wheels and tires. I saw him driving in and we exchanged a nod..
lol get well soon man...
Old 03-29-2009, 07:03 AM
dohc350z

Thumbs up

I'm allergic to Penicillin so it's Vancomycin... (yeah i know strong stuff..) Before I learned of my allergy it was Ampicillin... Then I got itchy..
Ok ! That's the last antibiotic given to any resistant bacteria...That's a broad sprectrum one, so it's a matter of time this antibiotic will get over those bacterias. After the iv you'll get oral vanco I guess...

Quick Reply: Handicap Privileges... Ohhh yeah.