Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

TurboXS exhaust review...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
maroli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TurboXS exhaust review...

I know some people were looking to get this so I thought I'd post my opinions. I got this used, shipped for $480 US. It was used for around 5k miles. The quality of the exhaust itself surprised me, it was very good. The welds on the y-pipe were better than the NISMO one I had. As far as installation goes, can't tell you too much about that but Ed at advance powerhouse and his colleague did the install-didn't seem too painful...they had to gradually tighten the bolts on each side of the y-pipe so it fit well. The exhaust itself looks fine, the tips are shorter than stock, which I don't mind, but a lot of people do. Also, as other people have noticed, the tips don't sit exactly at the same height on each side. Doesn't bug me. The sound of the exhaust is awesome, it comes with removable silencers, which I keep in. I don't look for an exhaust being loud, in fact I prefer a higher pitched note than lots of bass, and this exhaust gives that. Part throttle openings when cruising on the highway has almost no drone. It rips quite nicely at the top end, the VQ pulses sound pretty exotic past 4k rpm. I am very happy with the purchase, especially the price, and I'd recommend it to anyone. I do recommend getting a popcharger because the sound it gives suits the car with this exhaust. I know someone wanted a listen, so if they want to come by my apartment when I'm around, I'll be happy to start it up and rev a bit
Old 03-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Smasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up Congrats with the purchase.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Kiriller

Congrats on the exhaust, i love it and i would love to hear it, hope you come out on one of the meets
Old 03-30-2009, 06:13 PM
vtecthis

nice review thanks, much appriciated