Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Stupid CanadaPost delivered one rim to me and the rest are still in customs...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 08:07 AM
maroli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stupid CanadaPost delivered one rim to me and the rest are still in customs...

I ordered a new set of rims last week from WheelDude.....he sent it to me on Wednesday, the wheels got to Canada on Sunday, all 3 around 11 20 am. One of the wheels passed customs within 2 hours, and the rest sat there.....now one wheel was delivered to me monday, but as of today, the rest are still sitting in customs waiting for a review. Doesn't make any sense, I understand if one wheel got through somewhat faster than the others, but the others have been sitting there for over 48 hours and haven't been reviewed. Grrrr, I need them by Friday, even took a day off work to mount them Friday.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Kiriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe they are seeing if those rims are gonna fit their cars? u know, conducting a safety survey to make sure rims are not faulty? :P

But agreed, kind of weired to ship one and keep the rest, maybe they did a mistake (either keep all or send all)
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 AM
Reality350

It's because you bought rota's.. If they were volks, that wouldn't have happened..JK man!

This stuff happens all the time, its something we have to live with when ordering large items from the US.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:16 AM
maroli

Originally Posted by Reality350
It's because you bought rota's.. If they were volks, that wouldn't have happened..JK man!

This stuff happens all the time, its something we have to live with when ordering large items from the US.
haha, zing. I couldn't stomach paying double for Volks :S. I figure if OEM rims are cast, and the car works pretty well with those, than I can go for marginally lighter cast rims and not be losing anything. The rims were in 4 packages with 4 tracking numbers....so I shouldn't be worried about not getting the other three before friday?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:19 AM
savvy

Go slap that rim on the car and rock around town with it. I have seen riced out civics sporting just one hubcap spinner because the rest fell off. That must mean this is ok right?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:22 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by maroli
haha, zing. I couldn't stomach paying double for Volks :S. I figure if OEM rims are cast, and the car works pretty well with those, than I can go for marginally lighter cast rims and not be losing anything. The rims were in 4 packages with 4 tracking numbers....so I shouldn't be worried about not getting the other three before friday?

I am sure you will be fine.. I bet you two show up tomorrow and the other on thursday...
Its always when you have these things planned out (tire & wheel install) that plans mess up..I just learn to just go with the flow, nowadays..

Good luck man, post up pics when you can!
Old 03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
xdragus

yea when I ordered from states, 2 showed up 1 day...the other 2 showed up two days later. Lot of 2222222.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:53 AM
ed@aph
Vendor - Former Vendor

its ok shri, once the 1st one shows up, the other will be rolling in within a wk.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Sorry to hear about the delay with shipping Usually USPS has been very reliable with our shipments and our customers report that they have received their orders within 4-5 business days. I'll keep an eye on the tracking info and if I don't see an update by tomorrow I will contact USPS.

How do you like the one wheel so far? hehe I can't wait to see the new setup on your ride!

-Dan
Old 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
maroli

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
Sorry to hear about the delay with shipping Usually USPS has been very reliable with our shipments and our customers report that they have received their orders within 4-5 business days. I'll keep an eye on the tracking info and if I don't see an update by tomorrow I will contact USPS.

How do you like the one wheel so far? hehe I can't wait to see the new setup on your ride!

-Dan
Hey Dan,
Its absolutely not your fault, its really customs on our side. As you have previously read, they often do random stuff like that, I actually haven't picked the wheel up from the Post Office yet, its just down the street, but I'm renting a car friday so I can grab all at once. That's if they get to me by then. I can't wait to see the new setup on my ride, maybe you'll get some orders from this side of North America when people see how sweet the Torque R's in hyper-black and 20 offset look. Fingers crossed for delivery by thursday!