Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

2010 GTA Z Spotting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Smasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BashaZ
What did you turn black all of a sudden? What's up with the lingo "homie".

Paying top dollar doesn't mean you are getting the best product, for instance, you buy from JRP a place that ridiculously over charges and ********s through 90% of their sales pitch. They might as well spit in your face while they are at it. Steve has been boning people for years. And no offense to you or anything but I think your a victim of it.
Basher
Dont assume you simply dont know. I researched and had a number of vendors quote before i walked inside JRP warehouse. We negotiated from there to my satisfaction. What do you think i am a materials manager and have been buying stuff for a living all my life i never doubt my decisions.

My only loss was the freakin canadian dollar at the time could have saved a bundle 6 mths later but i cant predidct that or i would be loaded $$$$$$$$$$$

Any way we are getting all silly here. We can debate at the next meet. Its your money to spend as you wish. I have been frugal with my money until i bought this Z and have enjoyed spending the money for top end parts. Life is short live a little when you can.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
brady

Originally Posted by Smasher
Basher
Dont assume you simply dont know. I researched and had a number of vendors quote before i walked inside JRP warehouse. We negotiated from there to my satisfaction. What do you think i am a materials manager and have been buying stuff for a living all my life i never doubt my decisions.

My only loss was the freakin canadian dollar at the time could have saved a bundle 6 mths later but i cant predidct that or i would be loaded $$$$$$$$$$$

Any way we are getting all silly here. We can debate at the next meet. Its your money to spend as you wish. I have been frugal with my money until i bought this Z and have enjoyed spending the money for top end parts. Life is short live a little when you can.
Well stated.

Coles notes version: Live with no regrets. Why can't we all just get along?

Re: original topic. I saw an amazing ppw today at 5pm on Kingston Rd in Pickering heading westbound. Didn't look like the one I know that is in my neck of the woods.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
goneinsixtyseconds

wait a second ... smasher is black?

man, i'm really out of the loop and the scene
Old 04-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Smasher

Originally Posted by goneinsixtyseconds
wait a second ... smasher is black?

man, i'm really out of the loop and the scene
LMFAO
Old 04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
AVmagneticZ

I would never go to jrp ever again that place is a joke.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM
AVmagneticZ

Oh back on topic my bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 PM
mistanismo

JRP is a joke, but occasionally and on certain items during their power sales... you can get a good deal. The downside is listening to them speak to their other valued and seeminly regular customers.. it's rather concerning. I realize they did something for the 'scene' back in the day, but that certainly does not excuse their margins as of late.

Don't even know where that black comment came from lol, he was simply using e-thugism to illustrate sarcasm / his point etc...

I'm on the fence regarding the 'JDM' issue... I think it's important to support the companies who generate unique styles etc and their engineering, but at the same time... I do not believe they can honestly expect no one to 'knock' them off for the entirety of their business.

If a knockoff can be had, of almost identical quality and fittament/performance increase... the only thing to 'lose' would be a name and a 'style' (assuming it was in actuality pioneered by the original company).

The bottom line is, as stated, you cannot in 90% of circumstances find such without paying a price almost as much as an authentic peice... which doesn't even matter anymore, because you can pick up wicked barely used parts on this forum for up to 50% off their retail value... if you don't want to pay that, you're driving the wrong car period.

Everyone spends their money differently, and unless you're a flat out 'baller'.. chances are if you have 'jdmgoodness' parts... you've made sacrifices in other areas to attain or at least justify such, or at least that has been the experiance of myself and others I have met who fall into such a category, if you will.

I do not think, however, that replica parts should be passed off as authentics w/ stickers and the like... I do not understand that, for the life of me... I understand liking a look, but that's just... something else all together lol.

ON TOPIC:

Z roadster 06+ possibly custom pain job blue/silver almost... right off bloor and cawthra rd in mississauga.... thought it had a massive intercooler but upon closer breif visual inspection think it was one of those chrome-mesh peices... don't think it's anyone on here? heh.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by Smasher
Basher

Oh for sure man, I have nothing against you or you spending money on your car. On that note I think your Z is probably the nicest I've come across! So clean!!

If you were able to get a deal outta Steve, my hat's off to you. I was getting wholesale prices from him and he would still try and rip me off. He's just an all around shady guy in my opinion!
Old 04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
BashaZ

Lol you called me Basher....just noticed that
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by noodleman
lol if you think that's the only difference, there's no convincing you.
i'm just gonna wait when people start making threads about how their replica exhausts start rusting.
That might be true man....but having said that!!! I can buy 3 Top Speeds at the price of 1 HKS, Is it not worth it to give it a try?? PLUS, they give you 1 Year warranty on rusting and the welds!

Listen im not saying all performance products are rebadged, and im not saying that it's not worth it to pay for quality.

All I'm saying is, yes I might not have the "name" but it looks the same, sounds the same, HP gain is the same and in my eyes is pretty much the same at 1/3 of the price. Is that something not worth giving a shot?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 AM
Smasher

Oh for sure man, I have nothing against you or you spending money on your car. On that note I think your Z is probably the nicest I've come across! So clean!!
Thanks BashaZ I appreciate the nice compliment.

That Basher vs Bashaz was a typo.

I don't think you made it out to many meets yet but there are some very nice Z's here n the GTA and some guys are for sure cleaner than mine, I don't think they drive them they are so clean ha-ha.

on topic I did see a Z
Old 04-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@BashaZ
-Those 3 top speed replica's won't even last you the lifetime of an authentic HKS exhaust.. If you think otherwise, search and be amazed..

Those replica's fail more often than not... I have seen examples of the resonator packing flying out, as it breaks down within the chamber because of the exhaust temps. I have also seen posts where these replica's rust within a matter of months, and that's not even considering our climate.

My advice, think twice when purchasing... saving up front does not always equate to savings down the road.
-If you are going to cheap out and buy replica parts.. please do not rep them as being authentic
Old 04-14-2010, 05:20 AM
noodleman

That might be true man....but having said that!!! I can buy 3 Top Speeds at the price of 1 HKS, Is it not worth it to give it a try?? PLUS, they give you 1 Year warranty on rusting and the welds!

Listen im not saying all performance products are rebadged, and im not saying that it's not worth it to pay for quality.

All I'm saying is, yes I might not have the "name" but it looks the same, sounds the same, HP gain is the same and in my eyes is pretty much the same at 1/3 of the price. Is that something not worth giving a shot?
it's not going to look the same after it starts rusting...but go ahead and give it a shot. if you had to buy a second exhaust because the first one rusted/failed then you're spending twice the money you wanted to spend, which incidentally could've got the real thing used.

i'm not even going to talk about the R&D costs involved in the authentic vs replica debate.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

you aren't considering resale as well.
I can take my HKS off after several years use and still sell it to someone.
You will never be able to sell a rusted out, ugly exhaust to anyone.
Remember from economics that one of the true major costs of a product is it's depreciation.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
AVmagneticZ

Three very good points in the last few posts. I dunno personally have never even looked at replica parts. I was even sketchy on getting spc parts for my suspension the quality of the fronts looked crap so I got the cusco and stuck with spc or the rear since it's a simpler piece. Wouldn't u rather spend more the first time have peace of mind know u got the good stuff and be able to say yah I got the hks exhaust. I dunno I care bout my car ALOT so only want the best for it. And get what's proven best. Don't cheap out on ur nice car! Then everyone starts getting **** parts and we become the new Honda civics all rolling around with weaksauce wheels and exhausts and make the z look like a cheapo car
Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Unfortunately.. that seems to be the trend now..
Old 04-14-2010, 08:55 AM
AVmagneticZ

Yah it sucks bigtime no wonder all the ballers with z's sold them cause it's just not so ballin anymore when u have so many replicating posers around and kids buying em driving like fools n treating it like any car. When I first got on these forums it was so different but now that they are so affordable any Tom dick and Harry who is looking for a car to "soup up" looks to get a Z or G. Gets me angry
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 AM
fastjimmy

Originally Posted by brady
Baller = "A person who finds success and wealth. The source of income is usually unknown by others, but can tell wealth by the "baller's" attire and usually cocky attitude."

And a how to: http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Baller
In my day "baller" meant banging chicks...intresting update..

Still looking for a rear spoiler...poser's need not respond.

Last edited by fastjimmy; 04-14-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
AVmagneticZ

^ I think these days that's called a "player" or "playa" or one I was called this weekend "a *****"
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
F34RL355
Banned

only women can be ******

Quick Reply: 2010 GTA Z Spotting Thread