Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Woke up to an egged 350z :'(

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 02:00 PM
BashaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smasher
Sorry to here this Basha. Hope its just a surface scratch and not cracked.
Thanks Smash,

Yeah there is surface damage, BUT there is also a Crack....so real shitty!!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 PM
BashaZ

SO HERES THE DEAL:

Cops, Don't give a ****, they said they are gonna have cars patrolling my area for the next few days.....in all honesty, they do that anyways. Funny part is, my house is on a dead end, and that's where the cops park and just chill when they are "patrolling".

As for Insurance, Just like my Hit and Run incident, they will have no problem fixing it. Reason being, I was not at fault. They will have no problem fixing both issues, WITHOUT raising my premiums or rates at all. My insurance broker is a good guy. BUT here's the catch, why on earth would I claim both of these when my Premium is worth more than the damage.

So yet again, I would have to pay for it myself!
Old 04-28-2010, 02:06 PM
fosheeezie

Originally Posted by BashaZ
SO HERES THE DEAL:

Cops, Don't give a ****, they said they are gonna have cars patrolling my area for the next few days.....in all honesty, they do that anyways. Funny part is, my house is on a dead end, and that's where the cops park and just chill when they are "patrolling".

As for Insurance, Just like my Hit and Run incident, they will have no problem fixing it. Reason being, I was not at fault. They will have no problem fixing both issues, WITHOUT raising my premiums or rates at all. My insurance broker is a good guy. BUT here's the catch, why on earth would I claim both of these when my deductible is worth more than the damage.

So yet again, I would have to pay for it myself!
i've taken the liberty of adjusting your last post OP

sucks that you have to pay for it out of pocket

edited for more value-add: if, God forbid, you ever get into an accident where there is somebody at fault, claim all that stuff together. Not advocating insurance fraud, but just sayin...

Last edited by fosheeezie; 04-28-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:09 PM
spoolin_gt

That's normally how it works. Again, it's not worth filing a claim unless the damage will cost a huge amount to fix.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
brady

That sucks. I mean come on, unless you pissed someone off that does not make sense.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:20 PM
mistanismo

Originally Posted by brady
That sucks. I mean come on, unless you pissed someone off that does not make sense.
x2. From the pictures of your house, you clearly live in a nice area... the chance of some random taking the time to do this on a dead end street seems very low... I would wager someone doesn't like a) you b) your car c) the way you drive your car.

Or the worst possible scenario D) all of the above.

I have seen several instances of this as well, and in all honesty... it's usually someone you know or a by product of a distinct event. Random acts of vandalism in respectable areas as few and far between, and usually 'vandalism' isn't done with an egg in such circumstances... ask yourself, is your area really 'foot' travel accessible? I doubt it being from suaga and living in what I will assume is streetsville, so again I would say the instance of this being some random raging hormonal teenager(s) carrying eggs is quite low... unlike DT Toronto lol. I strongly feel it may be personal, unfortunately.

I would try to think of any instance in the past little while of note where you may have done something on the road that really really pissed someone off... you have a VERY distinct car, they may have followed you home even or close to the approximate vicinity. Sadly, people DO do this.

Also; the claybar... check the detailing section, it's not expensive, just time consuming... if you get someone else to do it, it's going to run you 150+ no problem though... DIY on a weekend .

Time to swap one of your other rides into the driveway imo, do not leave out your distinct looking car for the 'haters' . I cover mine with my cover if it's not being used for more than 24h.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

^^Very good analysis... I'm sorry to hear that your car sustained some damage to the hands of some jealous little basterds. Hopefully the scratches can be buffed/wet sanded out.

Last edited by Sickboy101; 04-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to see this happen bro.

+1 for car cover.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM
spoolin_gt

Brady, you'll be surprised on what some kids/adults on drugs and/or alcohol will do to have a little "fun".

Originally Posted by brady
Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by fosheeezie
i've taken the liberty of adjusting your last post OP

sucks that you have to pay for it out of pocket

edited for more value-add: if, God forbid, you ever get into an accident where there is somebody at fault, claim all that stuff together. Not advocating insurance fraud, but just sayin...
yeah sorry , I obviously meant deductible. Yeah I know it does suck, But yeah you obviously do not want to wish to get into an accident, but If I do, I pray that I would be 100% safe but with a written off car.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by mistanismo
x2. From the pictures of your house, you clearly live in a nice area... the chance of some random taking the time to do this on a dead end street seems very low... I would wager someone doesn't like a) you b) your car c) the way you drive your car.

Or the worst possible scenario D) all of the above.

I have seen several instances of this as well, and in all honesty... it's usually someone you know or a by product of a distinct event. Random acts of vandalism in respectable areas as few and far between, and usually 'vandalism' isn't done with an egg in such circumstances... ask yourself, is your area really 'foot' travel accessible? I doubt it being from suaga and living in what I will assume is streetsville, so again I would say the instance of this being some random raging hormonal teenager(s) carrying eggs is quite low... unlike DT Toronto lol. I strongly feel it may be personal, unfortunately.

I would try to think of any instance in the past little while of note where you may have done something on the road that really really pissed someone off... you have a VERY distinct car, they may have followed you home even or close to the approximate vicinity. Sadly, people DO do this.

Also; the claybar... check the detailing section, it's not expensive, just time consuming... if you get someone else to do it, it's going to run you 150+ no problem though... DIY on a weekend .

Time to swap one of your other rides into the driveway imo, do not leave out your distinct looking car for the 'haters' . I cover mine with my cover if it's not being used for more than 24h.
It's a little difficult to describe, when I take pics tomorrow you will understand more, the dead end is kind of on a down hill, the person threw it from the top of the hill 100%, judging by the way the egg splattered.

I mean, I have a middle school and a high school which are both 5 minutes walking distance, and there is only 1 way to get into my driveway.

I have definitely had my run ins with neighbours in the past with my previous cars, but that was when I was young. Im obviously much older now. For me to say it was someone I know i highly doubt it.

I get a lot of kids walking up and down the dead end to go to the creek that's at the end. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's just some nieghbourhood kids just being stupid really.

BUT!!!! HERE'S THE STINGER!!! My brother pulled into my house at 8:15am this morning and left then came back at 9:30am. He said he is almost 100% sure it wasn't there the first time he drove down, and definitely saw it the second time. So I'm thinking some kid didn't like his breakfast and decided to take it to go.......I dunno what are ya gonna do

PS I do not live anywhere near Streetsville, I live in the south end of Mississauga

Last edited by BashaZ; 04-28-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:12 PM
brady

Originally Posted by spoolin_gt
Brady, you'll be surprised on what some kids/adults on drugs and/or alcohol will do to have a little "fun".
True, it's sad.

But taking an egg out to the bar, get trashed on alcohol/hitting the bong, then taking the time to walk to a location with a very nice car after a night of bingeing and finally smashing the egg... I'm thinking not.

Maybe he was out at a mall and unknowingly cut off a soccer mom getting her weekly lot of groceries. She takes it personally and out of a fit of unadulterated rage extracts revenge by cracking the dozen egg carton and unleashing hell on the car... maybe.

Could it be the woman scorned? Someone said something distasteful or brash which was aimed at causing hurt or not. After stewing about the comment/situation the dejected person, knowing how much the perpetrator prizes their possession, decides to preform an act of malice and eggs the car... maybe.

Some kids just passing by with eggs, this I have seen before but they usually hit more then just one car.

Bottom line is now BashaZ has to deal with the situation. Life is full of little (and sometimes large) "challenges". How we deal with them is a statement of ones character. Again this is sad, sorry dude.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:58 AM
maroli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it'll take like 30 minutes to claybar just your hood. anyway, just put like a 'VTEC' sticker over the crack, problem solved.

PS. Church is a douchebag

haha, jk
Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
BrockSolid

I have had this happen on a previous car..sucks man. It's amazing how much damage a freakin egg can do.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Ronin82

...oh man, that actually hurts my eyes to look at, I'm sorry to see that dude!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Reality350

Originally Posted by maroli
it'll take like 30 minutes to claybar just your hood. anyway, just put like a 'VTEC' sticker over the crack, problem solved.

PS. Church is a douchebag

haha, jk
Bastard0! *...looks over at a carton of eggs... *
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 PM
BashaZ

Just to get a clearer picture of how easily anyone could have done it.....

As I said my house is on a dead end where there is a creek at the bottom.

Take a look at where my driveway is situated, it just so happened that our driveway was full that night so I actually parked in front of the BIN facing the top of the hill/road.
Attached Thumbnails Woke up to an egged 350z :'(-img00071-20100429-1613.jpg   Woke up to an egged 350z :'(-img00072-20100429-1613.jpg   Woke up to an egged 350z :'(-img00073-20100429-1614.jpg   Woke up to an egged 350z :'(-img00074-20100429-1614.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Ronin82

^^^damn.... thats a nice drive way!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
maroli

Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz
3 words.......shoot to kill.

ahahaha, here come the americans!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:42 PM
stclairwest

If it makes you feel any better I got hit and run twice on two seperate occasions and the damages were 1k+

Think of it this way.....It couldve been alot worse

Quick Reply: Woke up to an egged 350z :'(