Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Review:New Clutch and Flywheel + Sasha-SGMotorsport

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 AM
BashaZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review:New Clutch and Flywheel + Sasha-SGMotorsport

Hey guys,
My car ending up coming to a point where the clutch would pretty much no longer engage. This happened literally right before winter, so lucky for me I had some time to repair it and weigh my options on:

1. Which Clutch and Flywheel to buy
2. Who would install it.

I ended up picking up a JWT Clutch and Flywheel Combo. And after much deliberation I ended up getting Sasha from SG-Motorsport to install it.

Prior to getting the clutch installed I constantly had issues with my 3rd and 5th gear ( a common problem on 03's). So I was contemplating getting a new transmission also. But didn't end up getting one.

Sasha had the car for 1 day and the car came out perfect. He replaced the throw out bearing and had noticed my Pivot ball had been broken. Which he also changed. Driving back to my house the car felt 200% better. I'm not even sure how he did it, but my 3rd and 5th gear are not giving me troubles anymore. He did an amazing job installing it and I will refuse to take my car anywhere else now.

As per the JWT clutch and Flywheel, many people wrote reviews saying that there is a very loud chatter. Now I'm not sure if it is just my car...or the superior installation by Sasha, but I have NO chatter!! Initially I stalled the first time I started the car and it took me about 10 minutes to get used to how low the release point was. But the Clutch and Flywheel feel AMAZING. My car feels as though it has more power, it engages and launches so much faster. I couldn't be happier. It definitely does put your left leg in a workout the first time you drive it, but you will get used to it.

All in all I'm super happy with the JWT clutch and Flywheel....and I'm even more happy about the quality of work that was done to my car. Sasha is the man.

Thanks Sasha, I'll be by in about a month to get my suspension put in

--Matthew
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM
Smasher

Nice, I can hardly wait now to get my new parts installed
Old 01-24-2011, 09:03 AM
alex23

i had this done in the summer same thing the chatter you dont really notice at first but when you drive more aggressive you will definitely hear it but its not as annoying or loud as people make it seem as. as for the clutch pressure i found it to be quite light as for my friends g35 (has same set up) its really stiff and heavy
Old 01-24-2011, 09:33 AM
350zlee

Originally Posted by BashaZ
Hey guys,
My car ending up coming to a point where the clutch would pretty much no longer engage. This happened literally right before winter, so lucky for me I had some time to repair it and weigh my options on:

1. Which Clutch and Flywheel to buy
2. Who would install it.

I ended up picking up a JWT Clutch and Flywheel Combo. And after much deliberation I ended up getting Sasha from SG-Motorsport to install it.

Prior to getting the clutch installed I constantly had issues with my 3rd and 5th gear ( a common problem on 03's). So I was contemplating getting a new transmission also. But didn't end up getting one.

Sasha had the car for 1 day and the car came out perfect. He replaced the throw out bearing and had noticed my Pivot ball had been broken. Which he also changed. Driving back to my house the car felt 200% better. I'm not even sure how he did it, but my 3rd and 5th gear are not giving me troubles anymore. He did an amazing job installing it and I will refuse to take my car anywhere else now.

As per the JWT clutch and Flywheel, many people wrote reviews saying that there is a very loud chatter. Now I'm not sure if it is just my car...or the superior installation by Sasha, but I have NO chatter!! Initially I stalled the first time I started the car and it took me about 10 minutes to get used to how low the release point was. But the Clutch and Flywheel feel AMAZING. My car feels as though it has more power, it engages and launches so much faster. I couldn't be happier. It definitely does put your left leg in a workout the first time you drive it, but you will get used to it.

All in all I'm super happy with the JWT clutch and Flywheel....and I'm even more happy about the quality of work that was done to my car. Sasha is the man.

Thanks Sasha, I'll be by in about a month to get my suspension put in

--Matthew
How much for the installation?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM
BashaZ

Sasha? Maybe you would like to send him over a quote?? ^^^
Old 01-24-2011, 09:47 AM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by alex23
i had this done in the summer same thing the chatter you dont really notice at first but when you drive more aggressive you will definitely hear it but its not as annoying or loud as people make it seem as. as for the clutch pressure i found it to be quite light as for my friends g35 (has same set up) its really stiff and heavy
I drove my buddies 07 350z with the same set up and his runs much differently than mine....his has a loud chatter and is much lighter than my pdeal...so I suppose each car is different.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

JWT clutch and fly FTW!! Z-YA and I did our installs and we hardly have chatter as well... props on a good setup and props on a BALLER installation!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
SGSash
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Matt!

I really appreciate this post, it came as a big surprise to me! I'm glad you're happy with the result, JWT really did their homework and as a result these are fantastic clutches and flywheels. Huge response (as you've noticed) but not so light that the car is undriveable.

Our labour for a clutch install on a 350z/G35 is a flat rate of $400, plus fluids and we always recommend an original Nissan throw out bearing, it stays silent whereas the aftermarket ones almost always make noise!

I believe the Redline MT90 and the tuning of the clutch release point is what helped you synchro noise, hopefully it gives you a bit more time with that gearbox.

Thanks again Matt, always appreciate a public review!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
4DGS

+2 Sasha will be doing the check up on my G this coming spring.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Wu-Watt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+3!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

sweet, good work...

i have a JWT clutch and lightened flywheel combo that i need to install when the weather gets better. I planned on taking it to SG motorsports as well in the spring

This post gives me more confidence about the entire affair.

How long did it take to install?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:32 PM
adiddyrundacity

I had my clutch and flywheel changed this summer through none other than mr. Sasha. Since then car drives like a dream. +10000000000000000000000000 on SG
After many bad experiences with different places, sg is the only people that will touch my car.
Adnan
Old 01-25-2011, 04:07 AM
chopper_911

BashaZ,

Im in need of a clutch as well just wondering where you picked up the JWT clutch and flywheel combo?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Parker01

Awesome! I want a lightweight combo but I'm waiting till my OEM stuff wears out.

Also, yes changing your fluids will do wonders for your car lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:45 AM
SGSash
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We can get you the JWT clutch/flywheel! I think Matt found a cheaper place online because he was able to bring it across the border himself - but I could be mistaken. I'm sure Matt will chime in on that.

I feel the love boys! It's so sweet!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by clubhopper
sweet, good work...

i have a JWT clutch and lightened flywheel combo that i need to install when the weather gets better. I planned on taking it to SG motorsports as well in the spring

This post gives me more confidence about the entire affair.

How long did it take to install?
Sasha is definitely the guy to take it to....he had the car for a day.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
BashaZ

Originally Posted by SGSash
We can get you the JWT clutch/flywheel! I think Matt found a cheaper place online because he was able to bring it across the border himself - but I could be mistaken. I'm sure Matt will chime in on that.

I feel the love boys! It's so sweet!
Yeah you pretty much got it right Sasha. I am in the US constantly for business, so I drive through Windsor / Detroit pretty often. Which made it easier for me to access parts from online retailers.

Sasha's price on the combo was solid for a Canadian retailer. Cheaper then anywhere else I found here. Pretty much the price I would have paid if I had to pay taxes and customs on the online prices.

I just happen to be lucky and have access to a US address