Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

The Hack Job. My body shop horror story

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 AM
aln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kawasaki green? With some black thrown in?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:41 AM
xjuddx

I already have an ATS twin disc clutch that got installed earlier this week. Having some trouble with this now. Seems like the slave is too weak to fully disengage the clutch. Hopefully going to talk to the mechanic today and get an update. It is nice to be back from China finally.

Its funny you mention that green. We were talking about it at work when I was waiting for my car to get painted. I don't think it is a colour I could go with. Not a big green fan. But it could look nice with some green TE's
Old 12-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

any update Judd?
Old 12-26-2011, 04:56 AM
xjuddx

I went and saw the car in person on the 13th and took a lot more pictures. He painted a lot more trim then I could previously tell, he cracked both bumpers and side skirts during install, he didn't paint the bottom side of the bumpers, he got paint on one of my seats, it looks like he didn't buff the paint when he was done.

Despite the list of problems getting longer I feel more optimistic about everything. He was on vacation when I got back from China and now I am out east visiting my parents. I will be home in a few days and get to talk to him in person then.

I also have to say that even though the colour didn't turn out how i was hoping for I actually like it better and am going to stick with it through the repaint.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:33 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow...what a hack job. This guy needs a good old fashion beat down. Some people have some nerve.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Eno

I noticed the comment about the wood screws earlier. I remember that one- still probably the worst I've seen but this definitely takes a close second.

Obviously them making an on record offer to fix the problem is simply the template response to avoid being sued without contest... but as others have recommended I'm not sure that taking them up on it would be in your best interest.

Proceed carefully and remember: Good paper makes good friends. Might be worth getting legal early and that way you can proceed through the minefied of restitution with more confidence.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 PM
axial_pro

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Everyone flag their kijiji ad and type other reason as "thieves" it will shut down their kijiji account and blocks their IP if it gets enough hits from different IPs.
I just did exactly that and linked back to this thread.

Good luck OP - the whole community feels for you. Brutal.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 PM
xjuddx

Well here is an update.

I am looking into get the car Soda blasted to remove the paint job that has been done to it. Hopefully when I return from china I can get my car in and get it taken care of quickly.

I purchased the RSW sides off of sickboy101 and will be getting OEM sides from noodleman when I get home to go under them. I picked up a Seibon CF hood to go with the new direction and to make myself feel a little better about everything. from what it looks like the shop threw out my oem bumpers, sides and fenders or sold them. They had to check if they had them and never got back to me. I got tired of waiting.

I have decided I am going to get the car done hot rod flatz powder blue. I will paint most of the hood and have some parts around the venting masked off. I am unsure if I am going to rewrap the RSW sides in carbon or paint them blue yet. I am also going to start doing the interior to match. Will start by wrapping the roof liner in suede. I will probably start a new thread for the rebuild when I get started. I am hoping to have the repaint done by Z Dayz and hopefully some of the interior too.

I have tried to contact him multiple times and he has refused to reply to me. The 2 numbers I had for him seem to be for phones that are always turned off now. Bellow are 2 other ad's he has posted on different sites where I found a new number and email address. One of them on Jan 17th. It is clear he is dodging me to try to avoid the entire situation so when I get home I will be doing the rest through a lawyer.

http://toronto.canadianlisted.com/se...nt_861757.html

http://www.jobdeals.com/service/desi...orough-1rponj/

Last edited by xjuddx; 01-22-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Kirbaaybaayy

damn this sucks!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM
clubhopper

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

everybody just report them on those sites too.

good luck with the legal action.

stuff like this makes my blood boil...
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
xjuddx

Well I am trying to be optimistic about this. If this didn't happen I wouldn't have got the RSW sides or the Seibon VSII CF hood.

I don't think legal action should be a problem. I have several witnesses and lots of emails covering all of the problems with the end product. I have a receipt for his work. I will be getting a receipt for the soda blasting and depending on when this goes to court I will also have either a receipt or quotes for the repaint. Thankfully because of my job in safety and doing paperwork to cover my *** I usually keep good track of everything major like this as a just in case.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 AM
bingbing

if the car is staying at that shop you have no hope of getting anything done properly to it.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:03 PM
xjuddx

Oh don't worry, it is not getting redone by them. I haven't decided where I am going to go yet as I have been busy trying to take care of other things like the soda blasting and new parts.

But on that note the owner of the original shop finally replied to me this morning(canada time). He claims he JUST got back from vacation even though he had posted those other ads weeks ago. He replied to me using the new email address he posted in the other ads.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:31 AM
RJM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my lord! What a mess!!! I was just browsing the forum and saw your photo's for the first time today. When we were talking about painting your car in the PM's I didn't picture it being as shockingly bad as those pic show. Verry sorry to see what they did to your Z while you were away, but hopefully you'll be back in business for the ZDayz trip.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
xjuddx

Well I have a cabin booked about 40 minutes away and have my registration sent in already so I am banking on it being done. I found 2 places with similar pricing for Soda blasting very close to where I live so I can get that done pretty much as soon as I get home on the 27th. I am still getting everything lined up for the repaint but I am not too worried. I am home all of march so I should be able to get it taken care of.

As for Desi Auto Body in scarborough, he disappeared again. I am using the name whenever I post from now on so in google searches it will shop up higher so other people, not just my350z board members, can be warned. I have researched a few law firms so when I get home talking to them and picking one will be priority #1. I give up on trying to give him a chance to avoid a lawsuit.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 AM
noodleman

just sue his ***.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Sickboy101

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey Judd - I got your email... it sounds like you have a good plan but I agree with Noodleman.

You may want to start another thread titled "GTA Auto Body Shops to Avoid" or "GTA Auto Body Scammers" as this will show up on google searches

1. DESI AUTO BODY - Scarborough
Old 02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
2TH PWR

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

2. Velocity Auto Body.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:34 AM
noodleman

3) <Removed by InternetBrands>
Old 02-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Kiriller

Originally Posted by 2TH PWR
2. Velocity Auto Body.
Not sure why would you say that, they are not scamers nor someone you should REALLY avoid. I had a decent experience with them, nothing bad, just few things here n there that i did not like, but thats another story.

Quick Reply: The Hack Job. My body shop horror story