Notices
East Canada Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, etc.

Brembo Brake Setup, Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012 | 08:23 PM
Kiriller

sorry just busting ***** it was perfect timing considering before posting that i had a conversation with a guy from quebec which was too proud of being in qc lol but thats another story,
good luck with sale on coils, its a good price and good condition
Old 07-17-2012 | 11:22 AM
hogZ

Originally Posted by tioga
But if i was doing hardcore racing I for sure would not use those brembos
I was just saying..
Look at Sasha Anis with is old 350z who broke CSCS track record for Cayuga, he was using the Z brembo with stoptech aerorotors. I think he's a really good reference for using or not using those brembos.
Old 07-17-2012 | 07:38 PM
4DGS

Sure Sasha is the price of the 350z, but if you threw $3k at him and said go pick some track brakes, you think would have stuck with the OEM brembos?

Anyways, sorry the market sucks in quebec. Wasn't looking for a fight, was just pointing out the obvious market for Ontario.

But why the hell would I lie about how much I bought something for? Not like It's bragging rights lol
Old 07-17-2012 | 09:30 PM
clubhopper

these guys use AP Racing...i think they are a pretty good reference too

Old 07-18-2012 | 03:36 AM
hogZ

Originally Posted by clubhopper
these guys use AP Racing...i think they are a pretty good reference too

I wonder if there is something left from an original 350z on this GT car...!

Originally Posted by 4DGS
Sure Sasha is the price of the 350z, but if you threw $3k at him and said go pick some track brakes, you think would have stuck with the OEM brembos?
I really think that the brembo are the best cost effective options. Plenty of rotor and pad type at a fair price and good reliability. Before getting the brembo's I looked into buying other brand calipers and spotted used Rotora at a fair price. But pad choice is pretty restrained to rotora pads and they are freakin' expansive and they are RLY rare in this province . When something blow and need replacement parts you need to wait forever so yeah 6 and more pistons caliper make deadly braking power but I think you can get similar results with the oem brembo and aggresive pads and rotor (obviously GT cars won't even bother about using OEM calipers when going at 200+ in straightaway... )

I think you all got obssessed by the 3k price and I perfectly understand why now that I know that the Qc market is pretty different from the other province. I listed the brakes 2.4k on local sites and had some calls already since stock setup are listed at 2k. I am looking to sell them for at least 2000 in their current ugly state and it is a pretty fair price in my province.
Originally Posted by 4DGS
But why the hell would I lie about how much I bought something for? Not like It's bragging rights lol
do not take this personnally but this is what I hate about forums; there is plenty of people that own stock z or do not even own a Z that flash picture of incredible setup wich they just googled. I think that what you said is true but I know you understand that it is not an obvious proof. And I personnally know someone who always B*llSh*t about his Z and the price of his parts to look cool in ultra-gay "show and shine" type meeting, so maybe I do not trust people until they show proof of what they are saying. I really hope I did not offend you because it was not the point of it, I was just explaining my reaction.
Old 07-19-2012 | 10:03 AM
4DGS

I hear ya, some people take forums serious others don't I don't take anything to heart haha.

I bought those APs for $1500, found out the same day the 14+" rotors didn't clear my 18" CCW step lips so I sold them to my G35 coupe counterpart for the same price lol

But you'll find in the Z community majority of these guys don't ********, the ones that do are pretty transparent.
Old 07-23-2012 | 04:45 AM
hogZ

Coilovers on hold