Need Desperate Help Now!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 09:05 PM
juicedZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need Desperate Help Now!!!!!

someone has got to help me PLEASE!!!
heres the story,
i bought an SAFC II and had it installed by a local shop. after it was installed the car did not seam to like it (especially the MAF sensor) so what my installer did for me was leave all the wires connected EXCEPT the MAF wire. Without this wire connected the car runs on STOCK settings (like the safc is not installed) he did this so i can drive to the dyno tuner safely. OK, so we get to the dyno tuner and he plugs the wires together bla bla bla we set all the setting CORRECTLY (note: everything on the SAFC is set up perfect, all wires are where they need to be). so we put the car on the dyno and start to tune. we did a couple of pulls all motor and a couple with my NX 100 shot wet kit. AFTER we took the car off the dyno and put the wheels back (it was the type of dyno that connects right on the the rotor) me and the tuner went for a test drive. well as soon as we started up the car, the idle was weird, i cant rev past 2500rpms,and the VDC SLIP & CHECK ENGINE lights are all on!!.
So i told him to unplug the wire that the SAFC installer unplugged for me to have a safe trip to the dyno tuner. He said no problem and unplugged it. *NOTE* now the SAFC is NOT supposed to work on the car(it should run only stock settings) BUT it is doing the same thing as it was when the controller was hooked up
all the lights are still on and the car still feels like its in "limp mode"
plz help me i dont kno what is going on...
the car run fine on the dyno...
please help me in any way! thnx

here are my mods: JWT pop charger, test pipes, injen str8 tip exhaust, safc2, nx 100 shot wet kit

Last edited by juicedZ; 12-10-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Zmego1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need Desperate Help Now!!!!!

You blew your MAF sensor that use to happen to me all the time on my 2002 maxima. It sucks the car will hardly shift, and you cant go above 60. Bring it to the dealer to get it fixed, because its dangerous for you to drive it like that.

Thanks Glen
Old 12-10-2004, 11:05 PM
ReavTek

Wow man sorry to hear about your damaged Z. :/ Doesn't sound like you should be driving it period. I wonder what happend to cause it to do that. I have an S-AFC2 also but was advised not to install it because the Z will "reject" it and the settings wont stick to the ecu. I might just install it for looks and not tune it or anything.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:23 AM
ericinmia

Also try technosquares engine reset before going to the dealer....

who knows you might get lucky!
-Eric
Old 12-12-2004, 05:57 AM
zillinois

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about the rest of it, but its normal for the car's VDC and Slip light to be on after a dyno session. I would try a ECU reset.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Hamy

I agree that its a blown MAF. I also owned a 2k2+ Maxima and they blow those things all the time. You can't rev past 2500 or go over 60 like mentioned above. The dealer will charge upwords of $500 for a new one. Try to find one used here on the board or something. Oh and don't drive it like that.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:32 AM
TheBigShow

same thing happened to me. we forgot to connect the plug underneath the maf sensor back in after my popcharger install. the problem definitely has to b there.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:41 AM
Zmego1985

If i were you i would take off the pop charger, and go back to the factory airbox. Also take off the safc you had installed otherwise the dealer will be a *****, and make you pay for the MAF sensor.

Thanks Glen
Old 12-12-2004, 08:04 AM
RAR

I dynoed my car yesterday, after the dyno the same lights where on and to be honest its scared the crap otta me. After I had backed up out of the parking spot and driven 50 feet they went back to normal however. I'd try the technosquare reset, if that does not work put your stock air box back on and take a trip to the dealer.

Andrew