Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Whats greddy about there turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 05:26 AM
imcool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats greddy about there turbo kit?

Ok we recently got a greddy tiwn kit in my shop and I relized The only thing that is greddy is the intercooler! Rc injectors mitsubishi turbos,tial w/g They should call it there intercooler with turbos not a full greddy turbo kit
Old 12-13-2004, 07:27 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well since you have WWW.SFP.NET under your name, I realize why you are bashing the Greddy kit. Because I am sure SFP makes every part of their turbo kits including the turbos. I think you forgot that Greddy designed the manifolds, piping, and include the eManage system.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 AM
imcool

Ok actually we never say we make a turbo kit with all of our components so again whats greddy about the turbo kit the intercooler and emanage anyone can make a manifold. Just like we do. And whos bashing did i say anything negative about the kit no it actually happens to be a good kit I was just asking how they can put there name on something if they only make the parts I have said. And how can they say well it comes with greddy turbos if everyone knows greddy turbos are really mitsubishi turbos
Old 12-13-2004, 08:02 AM
kzshin

Why not, alot of parts on a car is acutally build by different parts supplier instead of the Manufactures.

For example, MBZ's shocks are build by Bilstein. and Toyota's radio are usually build by Nippon Denso. Ferrari's brake are build by Brembo, and seats are from Recaro....etc.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:36 AM
imcool

but what im saying is basicly all you need is a set of manifolds :0) (HInt Hint) to make a kit similar to the greddy
Old 12-13-2004, 08:36 AM
King Tut

I know how does Nismo sleep at night knowing that they let AEM manufacture their intake.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:38 AM
King Tut

Yeah anyone can make their own turbo kit if you feel like purchasing a bunch of parts and can fabricate your own turbo manifolds and piping. That and engine management is what you are paying for since the eManage is setup for the turbo kit.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:50 AM
imcool

The emange is just a tunning computer its not plug and play and its not vehicle specific
Old 12-13-2004, 09:08 AM
MezzChris

imcool-

How much to set up a mix and match turbo kit? How would you go about it?

Chris
Old 12-13-2004, 09:14 AM
King Tut

The one that comes with the Greddy kit is vehicle specific and is setup for that perticular turbo kit with those injectors.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:19 AM
imcool

Well we are actually in the porccess of doing a custom kit we are making custom manifold for My car. we will be using twin gt series turbos. Than after speaking with AEM we were told they have a ems that will be universal so we will be using this on my car combined with twin tial w/g we should be able to mkae just as much power as the greddy kit with less boost
Old 12-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Having a set of manifolds and being able to piece together a TT kit is still going to run you close the the price of a Greddy TT. But what you may make up on price you loose in time, r&d time for fitment, piping, etc...

Either way, best of luck with your custom kit, look foward to seeing the finished product.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:13 AM
kzshin

I know how does Nismo sleep at night knowing that they let AEM manufacture their intake.
Only Nismo USA. NISMO JAPAN has their own intake kit, and it's not CAI, which is totally different than the US version.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:17 AM
imcool

Hope i dont get in trouble but i will guarentee that it will be alot less than the greddy kit right now. And the money spent on R&d will be minimal because I work hear and its my car so it kinda works out
Old 12-13-2004, 11:15 AM
King Tut

The truth comes out. I will go back to my first post in this thread. I knew you were making your own turbo kit and this thread was about slaming the Greddy kit to promote your own SFP kit.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:23 AM
imcool

actually it wasnt can u read where i said i wasnt slamming the greddy kit. The greddy kit is a total package kit i just simply said why call it a greddy turbo kit if only 2 things are greddy people asked questions and i answered them simple as that. damn most people would be happy to hear there is an affordable kit in the works not slander my name
Old 12-13-2004, 11:24 AM
imcool

If you will scroll up mizzzchris asked me how i would make a kit I told him and its as simple as that. Hang on let me pass you a tall glass of hateraide
Old 12-13-2004, 12:33 PM
King Tut

Originally posted by imcool
why call it a greddy turbo kit if only 2 things are greddy people asked questions and i answered them simple as that. damn most people would be happy to hear there is an affordable kit in the works
And I am the one drinking the hatorade.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

One word for the way Greddy can put their name on other companies parts...MONEY. They pay for the parts. imcool, ever heard of a comma? or period? your grammar is similar to a 10 year old. BTW, good luck with the AEM EMS and trying to figure out the throttle-by-wire...if AEM hasn't got it by now, you won't.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
imcool

well im sure we will get it considering we have one of the bets tuners for the ems working at our shop. Aem actually calls us up for R&d as well as other companies out there. We do alot with the ems such as duel computers on ford trucks and duel computers on cars like a turbo honda element we are doing. The results with both these jobs have made our customers very very happy so we will just see. Look for MY car in an upcomming magazine with a review on the kit. Prob about april or may the publication will be out

Quick Reply: Whats greddy about there turbo kit?