Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How long/much is it to upgrade fuel injectors and fuel pump?

Old 01-12-2005, 01:41 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How long/much is it to upgrade fuel injectors and fuel pump?

this has been hard trying to find via search

If I wanted to upgrade my fuel system, roughly how much would labor be to install new injectors and a fuel pump? Is there anything else I should do while I'm at it?

I have a TS flash right now - I'm assuming I'd need them to adjust the ECU?
Old 01-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Sins4u33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can do the install all by yourself...its very easy..injectors u just need the clips. and the fuel pump is definatley a self drop in...very easy to do...you can look into our fuel system, we have a complete fuel system return style out including new billet aluminum fuel rails. install is basic as long as you have the tools....any job can be done...

Ben
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah I was looking on your site - Where do you have it listed? I can't find it
Old 01-12-2005, 03:48 PM
westpak
SFZCC

WOW great explanation

To replace the injectors you need to remove the upper and lower plenums, which also means the intake to make it easier.

Then you remove the fuel rails with the injectors attached and the remove the clips and you can pull the injectors. While doing this make sure you cover up the ports on the block to keep debris from falling in.

BUT before that you need to relieve the fuel pressure from the system or you will get some fuel all over, you need to pull the fuel pump fuse and start the engine and let it run until it dies and then crank it a couple of times more.

This would all take about 1 hour or so maybe 2 to give you some room. You might want to get new upper and lower plenum gaskets just to be safe.

While you have the fuel pressure relieved you can change the pump, this is behind the passenger seat under the storage area. If you use the Walbro 255 it is not quite a drop in, you need to modify the fuel pump housing slightly to accept the slightly longer pump. You might want to have a spare seal/ring as it might get warped and hard to reinstall.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Sins4u33

:-p see basic install...

sorry for the last post i was very out of it...been a long day in the shop and trying to get my car tuned....

more or less westpak covered it all...its very easy to install, as long as you have the common knowledge, it can be very easy to install....

Ben Y.
Altered Atmosphere