Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 09:37 PM
kopo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets say if one was to get in on this GB would Altered Atmosphere offer any deals on install?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:51 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kopo
lets say if one was to get in on this GB would Altered Atmosphere offer any deals on install?
I believe they said $850 initially as they have not yet installed one yet. After they do the price should drop a bit.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:05 AM
kopo

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I believe they said $850 initially as they have not yet installed one yet. After they do the price should drop a bit.
also are the units shipped from AA or Turbonetics. Because if the install was at AA maybe they could drop the shipping charge. just wondering
Old 03-28-2005, 08:05 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kopo
also are the units shipped from AA or Turbonetics. Because if the install was at AA maybe they could drop the shipping charge. just wondering
AA I think....but dynamic6er would know..
Old 03-28-2005, 08:59 AM
taurran

Just curious... out of everyone in on this group buy, who is interested in the AAM Fuel Return System? I'm planning on buying it before the install.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
xluv2eatx

is the group buy over? i know its over in 3/5, but is it extended? hook me up with a good price...are they ready to ship, or do i have to wait like a month to get it also?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
xluv2eatx

ok, im dumb, reading the previous pages, the gb is still going on. let me ask my girl if i can do it...ill let ya know...im scared to ask though....shes pretty intimidating. any suggestions on how to come up on the subject? or should i ask while we make "love"....lol! :0) how long til the turbo can get ot my house when it is ordered?
Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by xluv2eatx
ok, im dumb, reading the previous pages, the gb is still going on. let me ask my girl if i can do it...ill let ya know...im scared to ask though....shes pretty intimidating. any suggestions on how to come up on the subject? or should i ask while we make "love"....lol! :0) how long til the turbo can get ot my house when it is ordered?
I wouldn't ask while you are bumping uglies but a smart move would be to ask as you are buying her something she REALLY wants like a purse or shoes or somethig...
Old 03-29-2005, 04:44 PM
xluv2eatx

"bumping uglys?!" wtf is that? lol, i like that....thats stupid-crazy...oh yea, i have one more question. i live in houston, tx. any good performance shops that can install the turbonetics turbo? jotech is too far, and i dont trust those one car garage performance shops, any clean decent shops around here? some guy said, to go to diamond star automotive, but it looks like nothing but mitsu's that they work on. www.diamondstarauto.com , let me know anyone, i need some input. about my girl, i havent gotten the "cajones" to ask yet, maybe tonight... :0)
Old 03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

"bumping uglys?!" wtf is that? lol, i like that....thats stupid-crazy...oh yea, i have one more question. i live in houston, tx. any good performance shops that can install the turbonetics turbo? jotech is too far, and i dont trust those one car garage performance shops, any clean decent shops around here? some guy said, to go to diamond star automotive, but it looks like nothing but mitsu's that they work on. www.diamondstarauto.com , let me know anyone, i need some input. about my girl, i havent gotten the "cajones" to ask yet, maybe tonight... :0)
No ideas on shops....bumpin uglies doesnt work...How bout hiding the salamie, poking the beaver, digging for gophers, beating the box, square dancing sideways, horizontal mambo,....no....?
Old 03-30-2005, 08:40 AM
350tre

how does this signle turbo work on an auto, 04....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xluv2eat, SGP Racing or Light Speed Performance.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:30 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by 350tre
how does this signle turbo work on an auto, 04....
Unfortunetly not. The pan on the auto sits too low.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 AM
xluv2eatx

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
No ideas on shops....bumpin uglies doesnt work...How bout hiding the salamie, poking the beaver, digging for gophers, beating the box, square dancing sideways, horizontal mambo,....no....?

wtf?! nice, maybe ill just on her face and ask. how 'bout a golden shower? sgp or lightspeed? hmmm, i think i talked to one of those shops yesterday, but they said they cant do anything until a month from now, they are "swamped" if i get a turbo, i want the z in the shop the same day i get the turbo, i dont have time to wait. we'll see, i might just get my friend to do it, he installed his turbo in his z and supra, i trust him. lol, i think. he also has a lift in his garage, thats pretty sweet. i play with it sometimes. smash beer cans and whatnot.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:53 AM
taurran

wtf?! nice, maybe ill just on her face and ask. how 'bout a golden shower? sgp or lightspeed? hmmm, i think i talked to one of those shops yesterday, but they said they cant do anything until a month from now, they are "swamped" if i get a turbo, i want the z in the shop the same day i get the turbo, i dont have time to wait. we'll see, i might just get my friend to do it, he installed his turbo in his z and supra, i trust him. lol, i think. he also has a lift in his garage, thats pretty sweet. i play with it sometimes. smash beer cans and whatnot.
haha... Well, if you plan on doing a home install, this is the easiest turbo to do it. From everything I read this kit can easily be installed in 10-12 hours - as opposed to 25-30 for a twin turbo system.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:16 AM
xluv2eatx

Originally Posted by taurran
haha... Well, if you plan on doing a home install, this is the easiest turbo to do it. From everything I read this kit can easily be installed in 10-12 hours - as opposed to 25-30 for a twin turbo system.

thats it, for that quote you just made, im gonna do my own install, i talked to some others, too long a wait. im just gonna give him a case of beer and 500 bucks. seems fair enough. hes a good guy. you just made up my mind bro. the only thing is, WHERE DO I BUY A TURBONETICS TURBO? and without my girl knowing, she wont notice if i have a turbo, will she? lol
Old 03-30-2005, 10:39 AM
taurran

If you want to be part of this group buy, you can sign up here and save yourself $400-500 off the sticker price for the kit. We still need three more to get the group discount for the kit though. If you choose to join up, we then only need two more people to get the special group pricing.

Unless you have a local authorized Turbonetics dealer, you will need to order the kit from someone like Altered Atmosphere (the shop providing this group buy) to get your 12 month warranty on the kit. It will show up on your doorstep in a shiny new box, just tell the g/f it's a new oil filter or something.

If you do want in on the group buy, just let us know here and send a pm to dynamic6er, who is the forum Altered Atmosphere rep.

edit: oh, and if you need info on the single turbo kit, take a look at this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/92047-turbonetics-single-turbo-kit-pics-videos.html

It's the longest thread on these forums, but has some good info. Happy reading.

Last edited by taurran; 03-30-2005 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
xluv2eatx

Originally Posted by taurran
If you want to be part of this group buy, you can sign up here and save yourself $400-500 off the sticker price for the kit. We still need three more to get the group discount for the kit though. If you choose to join up, we then only need two more people to get the special group pricing.

Unless you have a local authorized Turbonetics dealer, you will need to order the kit from someone like Altered Atmosphere (the shop providing this group buy) to get your 12 month warranty on the kit. It will show up on your doorstep in a shiny new box, just tell the g/f it's a new oil filter or something.

If you do want in on the group buy, just let us know here and send a pm to dynamic6er, who is the forum Altered Atmosphere rep.

edit: oh, and if you need info on the single turbo kit, take a look at this thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92047

It's the longest thread on these forums, but has some good info. Happy reading.
i apologize for asking, this question is probably already answered. but ill still ask in case it isnt, how long do i ahve to wait to get the turbo after i have paid? i called turbonetics and they said, "we are backed up on the orders, it will be almost a month before you will get yours AFTER its paid in full." is this true? after i have paid some 4 thousan and some odd dollars, i still have to wait a month to get it? let me know, and thanks for the input.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Tantrum Z33

I have a few questions that I would like to clear up. Any help would be appreciated.

1) I have the Injen dual exhaust and would like to keep it. Would the version that will retain the cats let me keep how my exhaust is currently setup without any modifications(like fabricating a backwards Y-pipe)?

2) Will this version be in the group buy or this is only for the ones that are catless?

Sorry if this has been answered, but I just wanted to make sure.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The kit with the HF cat is not this kit. And no, even that kit won't. It replaces the stock cats. You would have to make a backwards/reverse y-pipe.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit Group Buy