Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

UPDATE!!!!---> 295whp N/A with TS Reflash!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:27 PM
kosmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Congrats again. Question for you: Did the person you bought it from do the "push it hard" engine break in method or the "take it easy" method?

Originally Posted by Javi
Here in PR we have 5 different Dynos, including an AWD dyno (pretty cool)
I called one of them to see if I could do just one pull, and see once and for all what was my car pulling. Just whp, nothing else (it would cost more) Here is the result...
After this, I don't think there is anything more to say...
Old 03-14-2005, 02:41 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ...

javi congrats bro... sweet seeing another z close to 300 hp to the wheels....im going to pr this summer to see family up in arecibo ...id like to check it out..i own a daytona blue z also....
Old 03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kosmic
Nice. Congrats again. Question for you: Did the person you bought it from do the "push it hard" engine break in method or the "take it easy" method?
??? I think he bought his Z brand new...are you asking if HE broke it in hard or took it easy?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:06 PM
kosmic

I think I had him confused with somebody else who bought their Z already somewhat modded...but yes, I'm curious as to how he broke it in.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Javi

Originally Posted by kosmic
I think I had him confused with somebody else who bought their Z already somewhat modded...but yes, I'm curious as to how he broke it in.
This is my second Z, the first was a '03 (got wrecked) and this one is a '04. Both cars where bought brand spanking new and both were pushed hard since the first time I got the keys.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Javi

Originally Posted by xjerseyzfinestx
javi congrats bro... sweet seeing another z close to 300 hp to the wheels....im going to pr this summer to see family up in arecibo ...id like to check it out..i own a daytona blue z also....
We are from the metro area (Bayamon) but you just let me know, or my brother (webcarconnection) because he does all kinds of local activities that involve 350Z's G35's and lots of heavily modified EVO's and STI's from carrito.net (our local internet hang out) They do dyno days, they go to Salinas Speed Way or Carolina Speed way. So maybe there is something cooking by the time you are here and can meet us and you could feel the 295whp N/A or the 370whp FI of our cars .
Who knows, maybe we will have a little more than that by the time you get here...
Old 03-15-2005, 01:31 PM
webcarconnection

Yeah just let me know when you get here!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:50 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ...

yea ill be there for this summer.. ill def. let you guys know...i wish i could bring my z down there for the summer.. show you how powerful my z is with the aem intake lol
Old 03-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Carlitos

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Yeah just let me know when you get here!
Hey, we will make sure u have a good time in PR
Old 03-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Road Warrior

those are unbelievable numbers considering your mods....but congrats man...you have got very nice gains with room for improvement!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Javi
This is my second Z, the first was a '03 (got wrecked) and this one is a '04. Both cars where bought brand spanking new and both were pushed hard since the first time I got the keys.
Do you have 1a 2004 or 2004.5? New or old ecu?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Javi

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Do you have 1a 2004 or 2004.5? New or old ecu?
Mine has a 2004.5 ECU... the new ECU...
Old 03-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Gman2004

Great! I was wondering about the flash but have only seen the negative posts about how the car runs worse after flahing the 2004.5's. I guess TS figured it out. I would like to to this to my 2004.5 G.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Great! I was wondering about the flash but have only seen the negative posts about how the car runs worse after flahing the 2004.5's. I guess TS figured it out. I would like to to this to my 2004.5 G.

I too had concerns about the 04.5 ecu flash.

This is the reply I got from brian at TS:

Just one solid dyno run with the AFR taken would suffice. With your mods, we have a perfectly good flash already available. Those who have voiced their opinions seem to only be two people that I know of. One is a guy in Arizona who drove in and his car was kinda weird to begin with. We are still working with him as he has been patient and we are doing whatever we can to make it right. The other one is someone on the East Coast who definitely has something wrong with his exhaust system. We gave him a perfectly good program that we tested on 3 cars after he voiced concern the first time. Afterward, we picked up the shipping charges for 4 more flashes each with huge changes in fuel. The last one was one with lots of fuel to make it way too rich. While his car still read lean conditions, the car ran like a pig and we proved our theory right.

----- Original Message -----
To: brian@technosquareinc.com
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 8:58 AM
Subject: '04.5 350Z ECU Reflash

Brian,

I am looking to get my ECU flashed in the coming weeks (3/28 to be more precise). I have an R4 ECU and would be looking at getting the full flash that includes the remapping of the fuel and timing. I have dyno time setup for the 26th in order to get some A/F ratios to send along with my ECU. I have some concerns about the flash with a ‘04.5 car. I have heard of a handful of people that are having issues with their flashes, like loss of power, A/F ratios being off, etc. I know those that have bad experiences are more likely to speak up and let themselves be heard than those that get what they expected. I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into.

I have the following modifications done to my car:

Injen Intake

Proflow Bored Throttle Body (same thing as the 350Evo bore job)

Crawford Cast upper Plenum

Topspeed Headers

Labree Resonated Test Pipes

Greddy Evo2 Exhaust

UR Crank Pulley

Please advise your thoughts in regards to my comments above and advise on any additional information I would need to send to you with the ECU. How many dyno runs would you prefer me to get/send?

Thanks,

Aaron
Old 03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe, i'm that guy from AZ Brian was talking about.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Road Warrior

hey brian,

i am also interested in getting the flash. please pm me with the details and costs associated with this mod....i too have an 04 but i am not sure of the exact year. do you recommend a dyno before or after the flash? thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
hey brian,

i am also interested in getting the flash. please pm me with the details and costs associated with this mod....i too have an 04 but i am not sure of the exact year. do you recommend a dyno before or after the flash? thanks
I don't think brian from technosquare is subscribed on this link. Email him or just call TS. You can get the email address in the post above. The full flash is $595 and the limited flash is $395.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/new.htm

edit: brian@technosquareinc.com
Old 03-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Z CRUZN

After reading this post and many others concerning the comparisons of one cars dyno results to another dyno.....the problem is that there are variances from car to car....dyno to dyno. This has always been the problem with comparing dyno results from different locations & I've been doing it for 25 years. I can't remember how many articles in the "old days" of HotRod Magazine, Car & Track, etc. I read that pointed the same thing out. And it still applies today - in the 8/04 issue of Sport Compact Car they took a Ford truck to 7 different dynos and got reading between 132 rwhp & 174 rwhp. Heck, my base dynos on 3 different machine ranged from 218 rwhp to 239 rwhp within 2 days.

Since dyno results can vary between 1 rwhp & 30+ rwhp depending on the machine used (in addition to temp, octane level, fan force, etc.), peak hp numbers are very hard to compare/validate/believe between two cars. IMO the best way to use & interpret a dyno is this: Locate a dyno shop in your area & use it EXCLUSIVELY to measure what kind of increases you gain after modding - that's the real measure we want to see anyway....what kind of increase we're gaining over stock (regardless of what the starting # is), be it 5 rwhp from an intake mod or 200 rwhp from a F/I mod. Take your base dyno figure - regardless of what it turns out to be - use the same dyno facility and look at your INCREASES as the mods are added. Personally, I would rather see these types of results posted here rather than "I'm at 280 rwhp now" or "I'm at only 250 rwhp now - what's wrong?" types of posts. For most of us, unless we're dynoing at the same location at the same time, these types of statements/results have to be taken with the understanding that what may be a 280 rwhp result in one car in one location at one dyno facility may be a 250 rwhp in other car, with the same mods, in another location at another dyno facility. Just my opinion..........
Old 03-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Road Warrior

I don't think brian from technosquare is subscribed on this link. Email him or just call TS. You can get the email address in the post above. The full flash is $595 and the limited flash is $395.

http://www.technosquareinc.com/new.htm

edit: brian@technosquareinc.com
thanks for the info gman2004

also, i completely agree with you z cruzn
Old 03-24-2005, 03:31 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Javi, Boricuas, good show!!

"carrito.net"??

I will also have to look you guys up when I come by.

Quick Reply: UPDATE!!!!---> 295whp N/A with TS Reflash!