Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

YAY! I just got my Motordyne Shippment!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:58 AM
bio911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAY! I just got my Motordyne Shippment!

I was sooo happy until i cut open the freakin box... took out the bolts that were not located in the bigger taped down zip lock bag, they were rolling around in their own little bag and one had a hole. (all accounted for) Un-twisted the gasket... Then dug in the box for the spacer... Where the hell is the spacer?!? Checked the list that came with it like four times, then checked the box four times... Then i tore that thing up and nothing... So i was like "hmmm... maybe i paid 168 dollars for them to ship me bolts, maybe it will be in another box... naw that couldn't be though..." so i checked the site and they had a freakin 1/4 in spacer but why not me? So i tried to locate Motordyne's number but had no luck (Why do they not have a phone number posted on their website???). Then i found it on my paypal sheet and called them... (BUSY SIGNAL!!!) Called like 5 times then it finally rang! Told the lady and she was very nice and was like "i will send you one ASAP next day" Well i damn sure hope she didn't use Fedex because they were already late... So now that i am done venting i have to say their Customer Service is great... BUT the MotherF***** that packaged this was smokin crack or something... Owell... I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs. (It felt like christmas but i now feel like one of those kids who did't get anything for christmas)... Let hope my test pipes come in tomorrow I have stock exhaust and these are resonated pipes.. I will have a dyno sheet showing the power gains and have a video while it is on the dyno.. I know there hasn't been a video with stock exhaust and resonated pipes.. (or at least i haven't found one yet) The dyno will take place in Houston near 1960... So if any of you guys are located near there and wanna come check it out just PM me...
Old 05-08-2005, 05:27 PM
ReavTek

Dang, I'd be pretty pissed off. Also, that thing about no contact number sucks. I most certainly wouldn't order from em with no readily available number.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:16 PM
blksnake

Motordyne shipped him a replacement.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:46 AM
bio911

Yeah they have great customer service A++... Its just the whoever packaged it messed up... Tony is a good guy and is working hard to process the group buy. Theres been a few mess ups with other customers but Tony took care of it.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:37 PM
boma

I'm in Houston and 1960 is 10 minutes away from me. Are u dynoing at SGP? hehe. I wanan see the dyno with the spacer on!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boma
I'm in Houston and 1960 is 10 minutes away from me. Are u dynoing at SGP? hehe. I wanan see the dyno with the spacer on!
Hi Guys,

Dynos!?!?!

For the best pre/post dyno accuracy try as best as possible to:
Same dyno
Same day
Same tank of gas
Same ambient temperatures
Same engine temperatures (192'F +/- 1'F on an ODBII scanner)
Same ECU starting conditions (reset the ECU with each set)
Same fan position
Same fan setting
Same everything
Don't even take the car off the dyno.

Make sure to drive the car hard before going into the dyno shop, perform 1-2 throw away pulls (if the shop owner will let you), then begin the comparative pre/post test procedure. Baseline first or baseline last, it doesn't matter.

Try to get at least three pulls for each configuration. Also, let the shop owner know before hand that you want accurate results for pre/post comparative purposes. At least if he knows, he will be carefull to hold all other variables constant.

I know its a lot to keep track of but if you can do all the above, you will know the results are golden.

Tony
Old 05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
bio911

I got the spacer on and drove it around today... all i have to say is BADASS!!! Car pulls much harder... I would of wait till dyno day but that is going to be either this end of this week of next week so i couldn't wait.. i will take it off and do a base run then put back on the spacer then put on the test pipes... that is if i have time to.. we will see.. Take Tony and his customer service lady and to everyone at Motordyne Engineering.. This product works really well and is pretty easy to install. I F***ed up and stripped out thread so i had to re-tap and then do it again so it look a bit longer, no biggy. Just don't over tighten it... specially the six bolts on top of the plenum... Hey tony, what is the strut bar clearance suppose to be? I adjusted the bolts on the strust bar and it went down lower and the engine is not hitting it, i don't think the hood is either, i'd just like to know what the gap should be between the strut bar and engine...
Old 05-10-2005, 04:44 AM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that sucks!! I know how hyped up you get when your awaiting for a mod, and when it finally gets there you get so excited... and then I know how it sucks if something is wrong and you have to wait for another shipment. But at least they send you a new one without giving you any bs. Thats always good to know, and makes me feel safe to deal with someone like that if I know that their customer service is great!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bio911
... Hey tony, what is the strut bar clearance suppose to be? ...
3/16" - 1/4" give or take a little. It will vary slightly from Z to Z.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
black350

i know this might be a redundant question...buuuut, is the spacer 50 state legal?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:27 PM
boma

Originally Posted by black350
i know this might be a redundant question...buuuut, is the spacer 50 state legal?

I have no doubt it will pass. There is no way the inspection place will notice.