Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Black Samco Hose Kit Worth Buying?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:24 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Samco Hose Kit Worth Buying?

Just curious if anyone actually bought the "Black" Samco Hose Kit. If so, was it worth buying since our OEM is already black? I kinda like how this hose is gloss black but I figured, couldn't you just wipe down the OEM hoses with something like Armor All or Tire Wet to achieve the same effect? Other than looks, does it actually perform better than our OEM hoses? I want to go for a stealth look & planning on getting some Pi-Thon Hose Locks which is why I'm asking since they sell a different kit for the Samcos.

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:40 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

I bought them and regret it...they are not really noticeable and one of them was actually a little bent out of shape I guess b.c. it had been rubbing my AC compresser which burnt a hole right through it, spewing coolant all over my engine bay =/ I'd say just go with the armoral until your oem hoses need to be replaced. As far as performance the samcos are just supposed to be more durable I think.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Have any pics?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Morris

I have the black as well. I don't think they are worth the money for balck. I will try to find some pics later today or tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:57 AM
Z CRUZN

Have had the black Samcos for over a year. I went with black because I wanted to go with red anodized Pi-Thons (anodized red aluminum doesn't match the red Samcos). Personally, I like the hi-gloss black finish on the hoses - just wipe them down with a wet cloth once in a while & BAM - glossy again. As mentioned above, you could also just silicone wipe your stock hoses every few days to get the shine as well. Just a personal choice here.... Here's a shot - as close as I currently have on the Samcos....hope it helps in your decision.
Attached Thumbnails Black Samco Hose Kit Worth Buying?-closeup.jpg  
Old 06-11-2005, 11:47 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Z CRUZN, Thanks for the pic. That is actually how I want my hoses to look like except I might be going with the polished locks instead of the red. Hmm? Decisions...decisions
Old 06-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

none of them are worth the $$ from a performance standpoint. That being said I have black and have been very happy with them
Old 06-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
Z CRUZN, Thanks for the pic. That is actually how I want my hoses to look like except I might be going with the polished locks instead of the red. Hmm? Decisions...decisions
Where do you get the pi-thon hose locks? What size and how many do you need to dress up the engine bay?
Old 06-19-2005, 10:59 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Where do you get the pi-thon hose locks? What size and how many do you need to dress up the engine bay?
Zeetoyz.com

They sell them in packages depending on what you need. Also, they have special locks for Samco hoses since they are different in size compared to our OEMs. The link above is specifically for 350Z's so you don't have to stress about sizing except for what I mentioned above in regards to the Samco hoses.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:24 AM
BlackSpec02

I was thinking about a set of samco hoses to dress up my engine bay too. Would these fit the same on my stillen intercooled motor since they are just the radiator hoses? Or no way?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:16 PM
MySunset350Z

does anyone know where to get the hoses for a good price? im going to go with the black hoses myself.

lowest price i found was $139. anyone find lower?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:43 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look better than the oem ones... these ones have a gloss finish and SAMCO on the hose lol what more could you ask for!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:56 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

allow me to provide a warning to all on this thread, Armor all should not be used on these high-temp hoses. You run the risk of the hoses deteriorating and cracking as the armor-all dries off from heat temps, the same way it does on automotive dashboards made of plastic and its rubber parts; it cracks.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:22 AM
KPierson
Banned

I have had black and blue. I started with blue and hated the way they looked with my mostly black and silver underhood. I just had the black installed, and they look great. Honestly though, I don't really remember what stock looked like, so I don't know if it looks stock or not!

I have the blue set for sale, if anyone is interested. They were on my car for about 1000 miles and are in like new condition (none of the hoses were modified to fit my car)
Old 11-07-2005, 03:56 PM
BlackSpec02

how much were you asking for the blue ones? any idea if they will fit the same on my stillen sc'ed engine?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:43 PM
KPierson
Banned

I would like to get $100 (shipped) for them. They should fit no problem, but with the stillen I'm not really sure.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Z CRUZN
Have had the black Samcos for over a year. I went with black because I wanted to go with red anodized Pi-Thons (anodized red aluminum doesn't match the red Samcos). Personally, I like the hi-gloss black finish on the hoses - just wipe them down with a wet cloth once in a while & BAM - glossy again. As mentioned above, you could also just silicone wipe your stock hoses every few days to get the shine as well. Just a personal choice here.... Here's a shot - as close as I currently have on the Samcos....hope it helps in your decision.
Good thread. I like the engine dress up. Looks sharp!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
Good thread. I like the engine dress up. Looks sharp!

Wow very noob-like 2 year old thread bump

just playing with ya vo
Old 06-14-2007, 01:56 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Wow very noob-like 2 year old thread bump

just playing with ya vo
I was deep in "search" mode when I found this one. You know I still can't understand what all the fuss is about not being able to find things on the forum with the search function. Today I found out that even though I'm a Premier Member, I haven't been using the advance Boolean search all along. Apparently, you have to check the box before the Boolean search engine is enabled. I've had absolutely no problem finding anything on the forum since I've been here.

Back to topic: I ended up purchasing the Samco Black hoses, Pi-thon hose lock kit in anodized red, and the Pi-thon billet polished fluid caps today. It should raise my bling factor for shows.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vo7848
I was deep in "search" mode when I found this one. You know I still can't understand what all the fuss is about not being able to find things on the forum with the search function. Today I found out that even though I'm a Premier Member, I haven't been using the advance Boolean search all along. Apparently, you have to check the box before the Boolean search engine is enabled. I've had absolutely no problem finding anything on the forum since I've been here.

Back to topic: I ended up purchasing the Samco Black hoses, Pi-thon hose lock kit in anodized red, and the Pi-thon billet polished fluid caps today. It should raise my bling factor for shows.

Yep boolean is very useful in searching.

Also.... you can find things much easier if you use the "titles only" option

Since boolean takes more processor power, it's not available to non-premier-members...

Quick Reply: Black Samco Hose Kit Worth Buying?