ATS Twin plate carbon clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G3po
Yes but , theretically not as well. Carbon provides self lubricating properties , and is most liley even quieter than the RS at low speed turns.

I will either buy the Cusco RS or the ATS. I am awaiting Sharif@ forged internal's review of the ATS unit. i have heard many good reviews about RS already.
My tranny guy still claims his hand is not well enough to install. You may recall that he broke his hand about 4 weeks ago. I promise, as soon as its installed, there will be a thorough and comprehensive review.

Drive Shaft Shop axles will be going in at the same time as well.
Old 06-16-2005, 03:20 PM
G3po

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
My tranny guy still claims his hand is not well enough to install. You may recall that he broke his hand about 4 weeks ago. I promise, as soon as its installed, there will be a thorough and comprehensive review.

Drive Shaft Shop axles will be going in at the same time as well.

Yes , I have two hungry half shafts awainting an LSD.

My main concern with the ATS design is whether it remains consistent as it heats up or does it exhibit the increased frictional characteristics of the ATS CC clutches. I don't mind the clutch for street use ( a few partial slips to warm up is fine with me, but "warming up" the diff on the street could be really a pain , (aka do a dozen figure eights before) you want the diff to lock-up deterministically.

Last edited by G3po; 06-16-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:40 PM
imoz

What is the initial locking % of the ATS LSD?
Old 06-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ATS carbon LSD in my personal car. Granted it is a not a 350Z but it grabs whether cold or warm. Very smooth, no chatter and quiet. I love it and it is our top of the line LSD.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:58 PM
imoz

I really want to pick one of these up but I think I'm gonna be stuck with the Nismo as the dealer seems to be the only place within a reasonabe distance that could do the install.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ATS Twin Plate for 425-450 Rwhp

After reading this thread I am wondering if I should go for the ATS Twinn plate C/C clutch and flywheel upgrade with my GReddy TT install. I had intended to upgrade the clutch with a clutchmaster, but the ATS twin plate was recommended (with lightweight flywheel). Is this overkill for 425 rwhp?

As it is a Roadster, I can not track anyway, so really it is for agressive street use. Any thoughts? I think I might want to go up to 500 rwhp, but awaiting some test runs before making a decision.