Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

World First MoTeC Plug & Play on 350Z...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:09 AM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raptorbh12
on the contrary, 270+hp on a NA motor is extremly respectable, i only wish i would do that on my car.
+1

On a side note, I'm waiting for the Motec exhaust system. LMAO, sorry I had to say that from the Fast & the Furious.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:23 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
Then I went into my nissan dealer just to set the rpm slightly (100rpm) higher to 800rpm to get rid of the VERY VERY VERY mininum engine shaking at idle (due to the wild cam I guess)... and nissan had no problem doing so or telling me there is a fault... etc.
It was posted earlier that the ECU would lose all control of the motor with the use of the Motec. How are they bumping up the idle with the ECU?

Also, everyone keep in mind that this will completely take over the OEM ECU's ability to tell the engine what to do.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
M600 MoTec ecu
M600 MoTec variable camshaft upgrade
Sensors include water/air temperature and manifold pressure
Patch plug from std loom to std Nissan ecu via MoTec ecu
Auxiliary sub loom for air/water and map sensors
N/A start up file to suit std fuel injector std fuel pressure and 98 ron premium unleaded fuel.
Price is $6503.13 AUD plus freight and insurance
This system can be fitted in a very short period of time and remove just as easily. You will need to weld in I fitting for the extra water temp sensor and we include the fitting and directions of where this needs to be positioned
ummm, how much is that in US dollars?
Old 06-17-2005, 08:31 AM
2JZfan

the factory ECU uses the electronically controlled throttle to set idle... I'm assuming since the Motec now controls the throttle, that it has built-in idle logic...

I'm just curious as to what provides the "glue logic" to keep the factory ECU happy... if the Motec can simulate those signals, that's great, but if there are extra little black boxes in the patch harness, what is the reliability of those pieces? Obviously Motec is top notch, but anything outside the M800 is somewhat of an unknown (and I certainly don't mean any disrespect to Nizpro on that, I'm just indicating why I'm curious to learn more about this)... In my opinion, ideally, it would be a Motec ECU and nothing else but wires connecting it to the vehicle, any outside circuitry is less than ideal, though I can understand how and why it may be required.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
the factory ECU uses the electronically controlled throttle to set idle... I'm assuming since the Motec now controls the throttle, that it has built-in idle logic...

Maybe I am not reading right, but by stating that he had Nissan bump up the idle I don't think they were doing it through the Motec.

btw... with my idle at 650rpm (not 700rpm as stated earlier), the car has a very very very minor shakes (due to the high angle cams), but never stalls... but I just had the rpm bumped up by nissan to 800rpm and it is soooo smooth now!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
Machupo

Originally Posted by Gman2004
$5,055.88 USD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Old 06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
nuff

The stock ECU controlls idle, that's all, since they were unable to get smooth idle with Motec, besides IDLE and DBW everything is controlled by Motec.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gman2004
http://www.xe.com/currency

~$5,000.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 AM
2JZfan

you are right, there seems to be some contradictory information posted earlier... given the Motec's capabilities, I don't see why it wouldn't be controlling the throttle to maintain idle speed...
Old 06-17-2005, 08:46 AM
nuff

Well, it seems that for some reason they were not able to tune it and instead of burning money at tunning the Motec they decided that it would be easier if the stock ECU did it. He posted it before on the Aussie forum, if you want you can read whole 10 pages of it here http://www.**************/forums/ind...showtopic=5756
Old 06-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by nuff
Well, it seems that for some reason they were not able to tune it and instead of burning money at tunning the Motec they decided that it would be easier if the stock ECU did it. He posted it before on the Aussie forum, if you want you can read whole 10 pages of it here http://www.**************/forums/ind...showtopic=5756
Could you pm me that link. It is blocked on this site. TIA
Old 06-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Could you post a link to where said happened? 10 pages is a big thread and looking for that in every post is getting annoying.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:51 AM
nuff

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Could you post a link to where said happened? 10 pages is a big thread and looking for that in every post is getting annoying.
That's exactly why I posted the thread and not the quote

The link is censored in PMs as well. You'll have to figure it out for yourself or do a google search for "350z forums" it's 2nd link on 2nd page, go to australian forum.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I've been to the thread, which is why I referenced it getting annoying going through every post on 10 pages for a few lines. Just post the link to the post, I already know what to replace the "*********" with..
Old 06-17-2005, 02:02 PM
krismax

this is a big one in new york they plug your car into the local DMV using the OBD 2 port is this all hooked to the motec still and able to show them thers no cels thru that?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:20 AM
Z350Lover

Alright.... to clear it up a bit here....

Motec takes over the entire engine management besides DBW... that means... DBW is still using the stock control at the stock ECU... and nizpro wired both motec and the standard ecu (DBW part) together in a way that they work fine together without any problem.

Our idle control, traction control, VDC and the cruise control are all operated by the standard DBW module (use throttle control to play around with those functions)...
Therefore, by retaining the OEM DBW module to work with motec will be able to keep all of those functions running with better idle. That's also why nissan could still use consult II to bump up the idle for me since the idle control is operated by the standard DBW module...

Sadly today that I was installing the traction control switch today with my friend and the stupid rocker switch provider (www.narva.com.au) provided a wrong wiring diagram at the back of the packaging, then we blew the VDC computer (surely we will proceed with the legal route right now to get the compensation)... that's great... now I have both VDC and SLIP all gone, but ABS is still working... I am sourcing a brand new/used VDC computer right now, does anyone know where can I get one? I am searching for help from performance nissan now and am thinking whether or not a nissan wrecker in the States will happen to have this module available...

Here is the part number:

Any input will be very helpful!

Cheers,

Richie
Old 09-07-2005, 10:42 AM
rednezz

Originally Posted by Z350Lover
Hello people,

Want to share the experience with you guys on the stand alone (almost) computer that I have got here downunder.

Nizpro from Melbourne, Australia has come up with a plug and play plug for the motec m600 and m800, so any tuner around the world can just buy the motec ecu and the wiring loom from Nizpro to tune their car straight away without spending time finding out which wires go where and cutting then re-joining the wires again... With this plug and play the motec takes over the entire engine management from the standard ecu while leaving the dbw working with the motec computer... so the car owner get to keep VDC, Cruise Control, TCS and also no engine check light!!!

As many of you have already known that I have the nismo s1 engine package installed on my car with many other extras... At first, the car was tuned quite poorly with motec m600 with motec DBW module by another tuner... and it was making 197rwKW = 267rwHP (nismo s1 engine) from 165rwKW = 224rwHP (with unichip and exhaust).... but the idle was hunting sometimes even at 1000rpm which makes crusing extremely hard...

Then I brought my car into Nizpro and let them take their time to do the plug and play wiring loom testing and also have the car tuned up further by this MoTeC Expert.... and on their dyno (different dyno from my previous tuner), it was making 180rwKW = 244rwHP.... and after 3 weeks of their work, just got my car with the plug and play wiring loom in place with even more power... it is making nearly 200rwKW = 272rwHP now and the car drives smoothly and idles like a stock car at 700rpm without any problem.... I thought we needed to perform what Tony from Performance Nissan suggested on the vaccum line or even adjust the idle higher with the consult II computer to avoid engine stalling out... but somehow neither of those were needed with the nismo spec 1 wild cams...

I am extremely happy with how the car turns out now and I was told by Simon from Nizpro that the stock Ferrari F355 is making around 206rwKW on their dyno (but that F355 was twin turboed afterwards by them)... They are very surprised that VQ35DE has such a good potential for tunings and I was also informed that if I replace the nismo Y-pipe with a custom piece and do some intake mods, they are confident with another 10rwKW+ = 13.6rwHP+...

Here are some dyno curve my car made by different tuners:

1st tuner and the gain:

Nizpro and the total gain (base line is straight from the previous tuner):

And if you are wondering what MoTeC computer can provide.... go to this link:

http://www.motec.com.au/m400m600.htm

cheers,

richie
I know you said 267 rwhp was from the 197 kW dyno but your last dyno chart showed max power rated at 266 kW at the bottom. Where does that 266 come from? If it is kW from your Z then that translates to 356 rwhp which is awesome!

Last edited by rednezz; 09-07-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:07 PM
nuff

That figure would be at the flywheel not at the rear wheel.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:50 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by rednezz
I know you said 267 rwhp was from the 197 kW dyno but your last dyno chart showed max power rated at 266 kW at the bottom. Where does that 266 come from? If it is kW from your Z then that translates to 356 rwhp which is awesome!
****, I wish we could get that much power out of the Z. That would be Porsche GT3 territory.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

motec is where its at!

Quick Reply: World First MoTeC Plug & Play on 350Z...