Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

G35 handles better than 350Z?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 04:45 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DrRick
well when i went, i had my GS400. wasnt looking to trade, just an outright purchase as a 2nd vehicle. they told me that i had to put a $1500 deposit on the car, run my credit to see if i was qualified and then talk numbers before they would let me test drive it. i have talked to several people about it and some say that that is normal. but i called p'tree nissan and they werent asking for the deposit and invited me in for a test drive. what really galled me was that they (gwinnett) told me that lexus, bmw, and mercedes never let you test drive cars. that is a lie b/c i test drove all of them before i got my GS. the whole situation really turned me against the company. then now, with the constant calling b/c supply has now caught up with demand, i can come test drive whatever i want up there. i wrecked the GS about 3 weeks ago and picked up the coupe friday before last. as much as i love the new Z, i think the coupe suits my needs a little better. little roomier, just a smidgen slower, basically the same good looks. oh and i heard that it handles better than the Z

Doc
I've been dealing with this same crap. The Infiniti dealer lets me drive one the week of release, but today, I FINALLY got to drive a Z for awhile. Very annoying.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:31 PM
DrRick

Originally posted by z350z
DrRick: This is getting off topic, but I'm sure many of us are curious: what happened to your GS400? Looks like you rolled it!
yeah rolled the hell out of it. have you seen the GEICO commercial with the 2 squirrels? same basic concept. raining.....something "furry" ran out in front of me. it startled me, so i jerked the wheel and hit the brakes. just lost it. rolled down a 10 foot drop. thank God i wasnt hurt (other than a scalping that i got as my head hit the ground through the sunroof ) God, i miss that car at times. im very happy with my coupe, but i had plans for the "Grinch". worst part about it is that everything was ruined.....sways, shocks, springs, exhaust and had just ordered the LSD and TC. oh well, if nissan would get off there asses i could start modding my coupe here are some more pics, if you are interested in seeing them..........

Doc
Old 12-22-2002, 03:34 PM
DrRick

Originally posted by MannishBoy
I've been dealing with this same crap. The Infiniti dealer lets me drive one the week of release, but today, I FINALLY got to drive a Z for awhile. Very annoying.
yeah, i feel you. i could understand if i were some young kid or something. but as cedric the entertainer said " im a grown *** man, dawg". they def lost a potential sale. its funny that now that there is some Z inventory, they have lightened their stance. they can kiss my *** now though.........

Doc
Old 12-22-2002, 04:56 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id send you to my guy, but he's in europe right now. at first there was no test driving, we could sit in it, start it. ect. but no driving. later when we were bought ready to buy it just by looking at it, we said we had to test drive it and then we'd buy it. no credit check, they just wanted to know we were serious. and we tried her out.

in the last 2 days we went and test drove the murano. he didnt even ask to see my moms liscence, said he'd been selling cars for 8 years, he didnt need to see anything. whatever, so she went for a spin. nice car, but needs more power IMO. the 280hp version would have fit better in such a large car.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Omega350Z

Sorry to make this sould like i dont care but....

Who gives a rat's a$$ how the 2 compared? If you wanted a G35 you would have gotten one. I wanted a Z and got a Z.

Again, i apologise for the bluntness of my post, but lets all be real about the issue here. Audi guys buy Audi, Chevy guys buy vettes, Dodge guys buy vipers, and Nissan guys buy Z's.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:22 PM
ares
Veteran

IM A DODGE MAN!!! hehe wheres my viper? naw, sadly dodge men buy neons. no thanks.

hmmm yeah.... welll... Im finished. weee Im pretty bored. and Im off
Old 12-22-2002, 09:14 PM
Duck

This is way off topic but on one day I saw more G35's then I have seen 350z's since they where released...I guess the mass of peoples preffer a 4 seater sport lux's car here in orange county...its been mostly older woman driving them *shrug*. Its a nice car cant blame em for buying it its still part of the family
Old 12-22-2002, 09:20 PM
ares
Veteran

well my moms an older woman, she wants one.

and yeah, they tend to be out more, I think they are all daily drivers. I dont think you get a coupe for a sporty weekend car. so while many Zs are second cars sitting in the garage, the G35 coupes are all out.

but still, I have to look at the side for 2 doors or 4. you can not easily tell if its supposed to be a "sports coupe" or a sedan any other way. that is my number one problem with the car.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:47 AM
jnifong

Here a Car and Drive comparison.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...adtest_g35.xml