Old 12-28-2002, 02:23 PM
OKC-Silverstone-Trac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PICS***Just Finished Installing insaneamine grounding kit

Here are some pics of the completed install on my Silverstone Track

Old 12-28-2002, 02:25 PM
alex30327

I'm going to install mine on Monday. How long did it take you to do it? Also any noticable difference in the car?
Old 12-28-2002, 02:29 PM
OKC-Silverstone-Trac

Originally posted by alex30327
I'm going to install mine on Monday. How long did it take you to do it? Also any noticable difference in the car?
Took about an hour, I haven't got to take it out to test yet. On idle it went from ~850 -~1000 kinda jumpy before and now sits very smooth @ ~750 - ~800 RPM on idle. I will post more when I get to take her out later today.

Bryan

P.S. The kit from insaneamine rocks! very complete kit
Old 12-28-2002, 04:59 PM
zogan

I plan on meeting the 1/21. How much was that kit? Next time if you see a young short guy w/ spikey messed up hair due, flash your lights and stop me. I want to check out your car. Hogan
Attached Thumbnails PICS***Just Finished Installing insaneamine grounding kit-myz.jpg  
Old 12-28-2002, 05:07 PM
OKC-Silverstone-Trac

Hey Hogan, I got the set that he was selling for 60 but it was 1 that the guy backedout on and he wanted to sell it. He is selling them for 75 I think. I'll keep my eyes open for you. I am all over OKC,Norman,Edmond and the rest of the state. Give me a flash o the lights and we'll talk,

Z-Ya
Bryan
Old 12-28-2002, 05:58 PM
MSOsr

OKC:

Nice install! Looks great!

Insaneamine really provides a nice product, doesn't he? I love my Daytona Blue wires.
Old 12-28-2002, 08:15 PM
12SecZ

Default Dumb Question

Mine is in the mail from the infamous Insaneamine.

What tools other than the 10mm deep socket did you need?

I am not the DIY type of guy and usually have to pay, but I do not know what shop would do this and they would probably rip me off anyway.

On a scale of 1-10 how hard is the install if you have the tool (s)?
Old 12-28-2002, 11:12 PM
franklinz

if i see any z car with this stuff on it in person, you better believe im going to take a picture of it!!!

and im sending it straight to www.riceboypage.com!! c'mon whats next, taking off the perfectly good black loom and wrapping the now exposed wires with -oh god- yellow wire loom???
take a good look at those photos before you even think about putting on "ground effects," neons, clear taillights, lit exhaust tips, Fake Mount InterCooler system, a bazooka tube that looks like a nos bottle........draw the line somewhere, these are Z cars not hatchbacks!
franklinz
Old 12-29-2002, 04:32 AM
MSOsr

I am not the DIY type of guy and usually have to pay, but I do not know what shop would do this and they would probably rip me off anyway.
MaxHax:
I'm a klutz also. I would rate the install a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1-10. There are two "hard" areas of the install...you need a deep offset 10mm box wrench to get the back right engine cover bolt loose (it's under the strut bar to some extent). If you have the right tool, it's nothing to remove.

The only other "hard" area was where you remove the hood sensor and install a wire where the chassis ground attaches. When you go to reinstall the hood sensor, the bottom bolt is hard to reach. I barely got it started with my finger, and then used the open end of a 10mm wrench to turn it, little by little. Once it is in a few threads, you can get a wrench or socket on it.

Other than that, piece of cake.

Just need a 10mm socket and ratchet, a 10mm deep offset box wrench (Sears is where I got mine) and an open end 10mm wrench. Get some Loctite to put on the bolts before you reinstall them. You'll be proud when you finish!
Old 12-29-2002, 11:31 AM
12SecZ

Default Thanks Mike

Will give it a go
Old 12-29-2002, 03:16 PM
rouxeny

It's fairly simple to install. As was mentioned, the back left bolt on the black plastic shield is difficult to remove, as to a degree is the back right one. The strut bar sits on top of them. I did it with an open wrench applied from behind.

The stock grounding location is tough also. It's hard to get your hands in there. Vicmar90 and I ended up removing the hood shock, putting in the wire and then replacing the shock. Probably not necessary, but we did it.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:25 PM
insaneamine
Inventor
Z-Xtreme.com

Default Excellent!

Great post, great pics!

Thanks for spreading the word.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:04 AM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

got a question.. where can i get thread-lock? and what kind should i be getting? i've used some on r/c cars before, but i'm not sure if that's the same thing. please enlighten me. thanks!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:34 AM
Radian

Originally posted by NismoEagleRock
got a question.. where can i get thread-lock? and what kind should i be getting? i've used some on r/c cars before, but i'm not sure if that's the same thing. please enlighten me. thanks!
Any good parts store. It is usually in the area with silicon gasket stuff.

You want the "Loctite blue" I believe it might be listed as "Permatex Loctite" in the blue bottle.

Just add a little bit to the threads of the bolt enough to "wet" a couple of threads near the bottom.

DO NOT get the Loctite "RED" or "GREEN!" These are strong stuff that usually need a torch to heat them up before you can break them loose.