Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo body kit and sways inst'd, SS brake lines inst'd, and tein 1/2 inst'd (PICS)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 10:42 AM
3rdpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AEM doesn't have a V2 for the 350Z
Old 02-10-2003, 11:29 AM
Quark

hmm I like the bodykit, very nice.
How does it affect the drag coefficient? (considering the Z is already excellent in that depertmant)

also those sway bars dont look any thicker than the stockers...is the only difference weight?
if so how much? (I know you probably didnt weigh them before you put them on )
Old 02-14-2003, 03:58 PM
cturbo28

Default Diameter????????

have you measured the sways yet, It would be nice to get them. I am going to try to make a custom bar. it would be interesting to see if NISMO is close to what I was thinking.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:06 AM
12SecZ

AEM doesn't have a V2 for the 350Z
Yeah, they do. Check their application chart it's out now.
They even posted a Dyno Chart

chart here
Old 02-15-2003, 04:54 AM
wadd3456

I know Im always the critic, but is it really legitament for a company to post a microsoft excell worksheet?

I can duplicate that graph and increase whatever I want in a matter of 30 seconds. Not saying its not RIGHT, Im just saying its done in a modifiable program.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:18 AM
12SecZ

The chart launches Adobe Acrobat on my PC, not Excel, but I hear you, they could claim anything, claiming 5.5 peak is not *too* over the top IMHO.

I just linked to the chart to show the poster they were available, I don't have one. I wanted one when they were TBA.

Isn't that how things always go? You buy something then 2 weeks later something newer is released?
Old 02-15-2003, 05:20 AM
KJ-350

Originally posted by MaxHax
Yeah, they do. Check their application chart it's out now.
They even posted a Dyno Chart

chart here

I spoke with AEM about this, they do have two intakes for us. The "short ram" and the "cold air". But they are both based on the original design, they are not the "V2 technology"
Old 02-15-2003, 05:28 AM
12SecZ

If it were me then I certainly wouldn't want to buy a V1 when V2 was right around the corner, so why even list the 03 Z with CAI available on their website? Clear out old stock I guess.

That is a step backwards, buying older technology.

Edit Add.

I recheched the web page too, you are right the Dyno I linked to is for the V1 the V2 slot is empty. Bummer for us.. My bad, sorry.

Last edited by 12SecZ; 02-15-2003 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:38 AM
KJ-350

Originally posted by MaxHax
If it were me then I certainly wouldn't want to buy a V1 when V2 was right around the corner, so why even list the 03 Z with CAI available on their website? Clear out old stock I guess.

That is a step backwards, buying older technology.
my thoughts exactly! but when I asked about it they said the V2 technology will only be used on intakes that they found to have a much better result with that would justify redoing the full design and releasing another intake for a car that already has a beneficial design. so in their round about way I guess he was saying the design and gains for the 350 were good enough for them and the V2 concept / design wouldn't yield anything more than what they were able to get out of the 350.

I called this week, right after the AEM group buy was listed actually. I would like to see what type of response someone else gets from them about why or why not the V2 was or will be used for the 350. anyone up for calling and asking about this? Their number is (310) 484-2322, please post what you get from them.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:15 AM
12SecZ

Default Good Info

Sounds to me like typical supply and demand.

They don't want to make one for our cars because there are not too many of them around and they figure not everyone with a Z will by their mod anyway. Maybe 30% of compact owners mod?

Unlike Honda's, Acura's and Eclipses.

There are millions of those out there so they figure they can justify the R&D for that kit.

Sort of makes me feel like an eleitist! Our cars are too rare and special for them *True* Sports cars!

Their loss, I'm happy with my CAI. The V2 sounded promising too. Bummer.
Old 02-15-2003, 08:51 AM
Zmeflyby

damn..man..,
u wanna trade car for a day?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:00 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default list the goods please

skidazzle, I know it says to many mods to list because it is longer than the post but since everyone that sees your Z is blown away, could you pls list all your mods in one post for us. I cannot appreciate all of you got because I cannot see it. Trust me, i am interested....Jeff
Old 02-21-2003, 08:05 AM
wintermute

Default Dyno Graphs

One thing to notice about those AEM dyno graphs, and this is a good thing to remember about ANY graph, look at the Y axis. It does not start at zero (It starts at 135). What this means is that the graph is "zoomed in" to make the difference between the two runs look bigger. You get an artificially large view of the percentage increase by starting the Y axis at a number larger than zero. It makes that 5hp gain LOOK like a 5% increase, when it's really a 2% increase. Granted the actual HP numbers are there, but the graph is set up to make the increase look bigger. Just something to keep in mind.

wm
Old 02-24-2003, 04:49 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Default Re: list the goods please

Originally posted by zland
skidazzle, I know it says to many mods to list because it is longer than the post but since everyone that sees your Z is blown away, could you pls list all your mods in one post for us. I cannot appreciate all of you got because I cannot see it. Trust me, i am interested....Jeff
i will get one together sometime this week. still trying to get caught up on stuff...
Old 03-17-2003, 09:17 AM
blaque

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
i spent more time drilling 1" holes in the rear strut bar for the EDFC wiring, than anything else. so far i have about 8 hours into it, but thats with documenting and experimenting. my guess is another 4 hours max to get the suspension and electronics finished.

m
Can you pls post pics of the area where you drilled the holes for the EDFC. I'm installing my Teins soon so it'll help a lot to see where I should drill. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2003, 10:03 AM
MSGarrett1

Originally posted by FstQban
. . . Great work. We are all thankful for the great help you give to this community on knowledge and information. Can't wait to hear your reviews on the mods . . .
Skidazzle, I'd like to reiterate all the praise handed to you for all of your informative posts on this web site. Like others, I am curious as to who painted your Nismo body kit, and how difficult it was for he/she to match the original color. Further, I am also curious about whether you removed the weight in the hatch lid to compensate for the new additional weight of the Nismo rear wing. And finally, I would like to know how much you paid for your Nismo body kit, and where you purchased it . . . online or otherwise. Thanks in advance for your time.