Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

GB: AAM Billet Oil Pan Spacer and Line Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
dynamic6er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking GB: AAM Billet Oil Pan Spacer and Line Kits

AAM Spec Billet Oil Pan Spacer GB

The AAM Spec Billet Aluminum Oil Pan Spacer is our newest product to market. We found some things lacking with other similar options on the market. Specifically the overall fit and finish. Also tapping an unconventional shape can be a bear, even for a machine shop. This is a great upgrade for NA cars, FI cars, or cars that may be upgrading to FI in the future. We will be releasing stainless steel line kits in the next few weeks that will allow direct -AN connection for the following kits:

Dual pre-taps for 3/4"-16

Allows -10AN Line and JIC/UNF Fittings to be used*
  • No Leak Connection
  • Easy Access and Disconnect
  • No need to tap your upper pan with the Turbonetics or Vortech kits (makes converting back to stock much easier)
*Must use AAM adaptor to have true -10 internal bore

Pre-tapped for 1/8" NPT

Allows any 1/8" NPT Threaded Component to come in contact with oil
  • Easy, secure, and removable connection of both Metric (Greddy, Apex'i, Defi) and Standard (Autometer) Temperature sensors to be installed

1" Spacer for Pan and Pickup

Increases oil capacity
  • Runs Cooler Temps
  • More oil is able to take on more contaminants before becoming ineffective in lubricating

Billet 6061 Cut on a Haas VF-4 CNC Mill

Able to cut with very tight tolerances - to the .001 of an inch!
  • Guaranteed to fit properly, bolt up properly, and no chance of leaking if installed properly
Greddy:

Dual -10 AN Stainless Lines with –41AN 90deg. Female Swept Tube Mandrel Bent Hose Fittings that connect to the Spacer and bare line that connects to the Greddy provided return tubes.

We have found on our shop car and on customer’s cars that the banjo fittings that Greddy provides tend to leak. Also the banjo style fittings have relatively small holes for drainage.

Turbonetics:

A Single Pre-terminated -10AN Stainless Line with -10AN Straight Hose Fittings that connect directly connect from the Turbonetics supplied Return Flange to the Spacer. All additional adaptors are included for the Turbonetics Flange and AAM Oil Pan Spacer.

We don't like the idea of having to tap the factory upper pan so this is a great solution. This will also allow the car to be returned to stock with much less hassle. Also, if the turbo or supercharger needs to be removed for service then the spacer can be capped off. The fitting included with the Turbonetics kit are very hard and if overtightened can crack or strip the upper pan.

Thread and Fitting Styles:

The Vortech and Turbonetics use NPT (National Pipe Taper) out of the box, which is considered a "deforming" thread style. This is also called a tapered thread. This type of thread design can only be used so many times before the threads deform so badly they are unusable. At this point a larger thread size must be used.

AN style fittings use an equal thread. The sealing occurs between the nose of the male fitting and the nose of the female fitting, not through the threads themselves. A 37deg. surface around the circumference of the nose provides a seal that is tested to the many thousands of PSI. This type of thread can be used many times before wearing out. The sealing surface of the nose can only be damaged by contaminants like sand or dirt.

Retail Pricing is

Oil Pan Spacer with Plugs:

$149.95

Turbonetics Oil Return Line Kit:

$89.95

Greddy Oil Return Line Kit:

$89.95

For 15+ orders Altered Atmosphere Motorsports is excited to offer the spacers and kits for:

Oil Pan Spacer with Plugs:

$129.95

Turbonetics Oil Return Line Kit:

$69.95

Greddy Oil Return Line Kit:

$69.95

Group Buy Guidelines
  • Offer Ends 1/2/2006
  • No refunds or cancellations on Group Buys
  • All payments must be received no later than 1/6/2006
  • Shipping is $14.00 (UPS Ground Insured – 48 States)

Payment Options
  • CASH / CERTIFIED CHECK / MONEY ORDER / PAYPAL
    -ADD $14.00 Shipping to each order
    -Oil Pan Spacer with Plugs: $129.95
    -Turbonetics Oil Return Line Kit: $69.95
    -Greddy Oil Return Line Kit: $69.95
    -Vortech Oil Return Line Kit: In-Development
  • Payments can be made through Cash / Money Order / Certified Check (8011 Cessna Ave., Gaithersburg, MD 20879) or Paypal (lotoboost@aol.com)
  • If you have any questions please contact Sales@alteredatmosphere.com or call Dave at 301.330.8835
  • Our goal is to have all orders shipped within 2 – 4 weeks from the end of the group buy payment deadline of 1/6/2005. Shipments will be made in the order of those who commit and submit payment first.
  • There are currently 5 spacers in stock. More will be made as the list grows.

Last edited by dynamic6er; 12-09-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
dynamic6er

Old 12-07-2005, 07:44 PM
Tekwon-V

yay. i am going to take advantage of the group buy soon.

question, can i JUST use the spacer kit (w/o the oil return line kit) with my Turbonetics w/o additional parts? another way of asking is, the oil return line kit is not a requirement to use the spacer kit, correct?

i really like the idea of not having to drill a hole in the block and everything is ready for the oil temp gauge.

Last edited by Tekwon-V; 12-07-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:53 AM
jdm3fiddyZ

Im in for the GB
Old 12-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great product, but imo the pricing is still to high. I was interested because of my upcoming T-netics install, but I would need to spend $240 for the spacer and line kit, or even just $150 for the spacer alone-which Id have to tap anyways making the fittings worthless for my use. I could just buy a JWT spacer for $100 and tap that. Again, not bashing just wish the price would come down some, and Id go pick it up today....
Old 12-08-2005, 09:00 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by Tekwon-V
yay. i am going to take advantage of the group buy soon.

question, can i JUST use the spacer kit (w/o the oil return line kit) with my Turbonetics w/o additional parts? another way of asking is, the oil return line kit is not a requirement to use the spacer kit, correct?

i really like the idea of not having to drill a hole in the block and everything is ready for the oil temp gauge.
Yep the spacer comes with all the parts to just bolt up to a stock car. It can then be converted to allow for temp sensors or return lines.

Thanks!
Dave
Old 12-08-2005, 09:01 AM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by Alberto
Great product, but imo the pricing is still to high. I was interested because of my upcoming T-netics install, but I would need to spend $240 for the spacer and line kit, or even just $150 for the spacer alone-which Id have to tap anyways making the fittings worthless for my use. I could just buy a JWT spacer for $100 and tap that. Again, not bashing just wish the price would come down some, and Id go pick it up today....
Sorry you feel that way. All I can say is quality products do cost more to make. Any other spacer is going to be difficult to tap becasue of its strange shape.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:42 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you checked with Vortech to see if the relocation of the oil drain line will not affect the SC warranty?
Old 12-08-2005, 02:44 PM
dynamic6er

I spoke with Brian at Vortech. Unfortunetly an email confirmation was not possible He spoke with the engineers and they confirmed that they do require it do be above the oil level. At this time I cannot recommend the line kit for the Vortech's due to potential warranty issues.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:00 PM
teh215

Originally Posted by dynamic6er
I spoke with Brian at Vortech. Unfortunetly an email confirmation was not possible He spoke with the engineers and they confirmed that they do require it do be above the oil level. At this time I cannot recommend the line kit for the Vortech's due to potential warranty issues.
Thanks for your honesty. I may still purchase it so I can mount my oil temp gauge.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:07 PM
dynamic6er

Originally Posted by teh215
Thanks for your honesty. I may still purchase it so I can mount my oil temp gauge.
No problem! I have also adjusted the post to reflect this information and we will not be developing a line kit for sale.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Tekwon-V

lol, somehow i missed this. and i was the first one to "yay, the group buy is finally happening"

what kind of price am i looking at now, without the group buy; full retail? i may still get this one (vs. JWT) depending on price as i dont mind paying a little more for superior quality.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
taywan

I was checking out that pre-tap for the oil temp and looks larger than 1/8 but maybe its the correct size. Guess Ill just have to install and see for myself.