Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

AEM ECU for the 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ummmm... AEM has been working on this but when they changed the OBDII system for 05/06 they delayed the release till they can have a system that works with both the OBDII and OBDII.5 systems...

Here is a link to some of the EMS units from AEM that we offer...

As soon as they release the 350Z system we will offer it as well...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...Path=1121_1125
Old 01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
SP Racing Parts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes sorry for about that. We are only going to use the stock ECU for a couple things..
Old 01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i called aem a year ago, and was told 4 weeks and it would be done, lol. so still more waiting. is there any info on price or actual delivery?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:14 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you guys are making it out like its impossible to do this. AEM never did it because they could not accomplish an entire PnP due to the fly by wire.

But when they talk about installing the AEM EMS to run in harmony with the stock ECU, its no big deal really. I dont see why you guys are so negative on this.

They are talking about doing it exactly how the FCON is. You splice into the wires that you need to run the engine, and that is it.. the AEM now has control. Then you do whatever you gotta do to trick the stock ECU into getting rid of check engine lights within your adapter harness. Its not that hard either, and its been done several times with other cars.

Havent you guys heard of the HKS FCON V-Pro? I have one in my car, and its installed in the same method. As a matter of fact, Sound Performance could simply purchase a FCON harness for around $400 and cut off the FCON ECU plug and "hellooooo there" every wire you need to run the engine is sitting right there... add the AEM ECU plug and there ya go. The AEM EMS is one of (if not THE) most versitile system in regards to being configurable to read any sensor created by man.

The only question I have, is does the AEM EMS have a voltage output table to accurately simulate the MAF sensor? The rest of the codes are not such a big deal.

Dont get me wrong, you couldnt peel my FCON off my dead body... i personally do not like the AEM EMS. But hey if thats the system they wanna run and support, more power to them.

Last edited by phunk; 01-05-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it works exactly like the hks fcon v-pro or better, i'll definitely buy it. I like to pick my own tuner to tune my car. can't wait!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:35 AM
SP Racing Parts

Originally Posted by Jason@Performance
ummmm... AEM has been working on this but when they changed the OBDII system for 05/06 they delayed the release till they can have a system that works with both the OBDII and OBDII.5 systems...

Here is a link to some of the EMS units from AEM that we offer...

As soon as they release the 350Z system we will offer it as well...

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...Path=1121_1125
Jason AEM is going to sell the plug and play for the Z. This why we are going to make our own harness and make a few changes with one of there boxes and then you can get it whole threw me if you would like...
Old 01-06-2006, 07:29 AM
Gman2004

subscribing
Old 01-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree with Phunk on this...there really is nothing earth shattering about doing this, other than it will have a dedicated parrallel harness. We toyed around with the idea of doing a similar arrangement with Electromotive and the TEC III, but in the end simply could not dedicate the time to the project and have my car layed up during the process. We could easily do it now, as the Z is not a daily use car for me during the winter months, but with the release of the UTEC, I did not see the point whatsoever. Yes the AEM is a very nice ecu. But, there is not much it can do that the current offerings can't do.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:41 PM
SP Racing Parts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Agree with Phunk on this...there really is nothing earth shattering about doing this, other than it will have a dedicated parrallel harness. We toyed around with the idea of doing a similar arrangement with Electromotive and the TEC III, but in the end simply could not dedicate the time to the project and have my car layed up during the process. We could easily do it now, as the Z is not a daily use car for me during the winter months, but with the release of the UTEC, I did not see the point whatsoever. Yes the AEM is a very nice ecu. But, there is not much it can do that the current offerings can't do.
Well we see how good it is when the numbers come out. If this is so easy as some of you say, then why has not been done yet? To wire a car from scratch takes a lot of work and very smart person to do this. We work very close with AEM and after months of talking about this we deiced to work together on this awesome project. I started this post just to see what people would think. I did not start this post to turn it into a small bashing fest about how we can’t do this and what not. This is something that we think would be a great thing for the 350Z community.

Last edited by SP Racing Parts; 01-06-2006 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

LOL, he didn't all you a punk...he was referring to user Phunk's comments!
Old 01-06-2006, 04:02 PM
SP Racing Parts

opps I am glad he did not see that
Old 01-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did see it But I knew you just did not understand what I wrote...no harm
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 AM
atlsupdawg#2

SP,
Any plans on fabing up a turbo kit for the Z? I know you guys really did a hell of job in the Supra community with all your R&D.. You all have a great selection of turbos that I think would make for some pretty awesome single kits.