Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need pic/serial id for JWT and Exedy clutch disc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:07 PM
BootieMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pic/serial id for JWT and Exedy clutch disc.

I just ordered a JWT clutch, but on the disc plate it has Exedy NSD140U. Can anyone confirm if I was shipped the wrong item? I would assume so, but the box that it came in had a JWT label. Anyone has pics of their JWT disc plate?
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:43 AM
PoWeRtRiP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its very likely jwt uses exedy discs. many manufacturers do not manufacture their own clutch discs in house. however hopefully one of the vendors can chime in to back this up.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:39 AM
CoxImportMatt

Originally Posted by BootieMAN
I just ordered a JWT clutch, but on the disc plate it has Exedy NSD140U. Can anyone confirm if I was shipped the wrong item? I would assume so, but the box that it came in had a JWT label. Anyone has pics of their JWT disc plate?
Thanks in advance.
The NSD140U is the STOCK clutch disc offered from Daikin Clutch/Exedy USA - the same disc you can buy at AutoZone. The facing material on the disc is UF71 and good for stock applications. Does it come in the JWT kit - maybe, but I hope not.

The *proper* sports clutch disc that Exedy makes with higher torque rating springs, better clutch facing (UF91) and burst capacity of 15,000RPM is ND20H but only available in Exedy Racing Kit #06804, which also includes a high capacity clutch cover, bearing, aignment tools, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help you out.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
CoxImportMatt

Originally Posted by PoWeRtRiP
its very likely jwt uses exedy discs. many manufacturers do not manufacture their own clutch discs in house. however hopefully one of the vendors can chime in to back this up.
Agreed - MANY clutch 'manufactures' start with Exedy Product. After all, Exedy is the #1 producer of clutchs for the entire Japanese Market. They are OEM to Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, etc, etc. Additionally, they supply clutches to MazdaSpeed, RalliArt, NISMO, STi, etc, etc.

Anyhow, many clutch companies will modifiy one part or another of an Exedy product, weather it's the Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc or otherwise and then brand it as their own.

This is not deceptive nor misleading, just a way to outsource to a quality product and sell something people will feel comfortable with.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:42 PM
BootieMAN

Originally Posted by CoxImportMatt
The NSD140U is the STOCK clutch disc offered from Daikin Clutch/Exedy USA - the same disc you can buy at AutoZone. The facing material on the disc is UF71 and good for stock applications. Does it come in the JWT kit - maybe, but I hope not.

The *proper* sports clutch disc that Exedy makes with higher torque rating springs, better clutch facing (UF91) and burst capacity of 15,000RPM is ND20H but only available in Exedy Racing Kit #06804, which also includes a high capacity clutch cover, bearing, aignment tools, etc.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to help you out.
Thanks for the answers.
How can I find out if I have a "just as good as stock" disc? I don't see a UF71 on the disc itself. The only other # I see is 4L04. Is there anyway that I can tell?

Thanks again.

Last edited by BootieMAN; 01-11-2006 at 02:59 PM.