Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power House Amuse ECU

Wonder if this'll work for U.S. Zs.

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/z_cpu.html

Worst Translation Ever:
Directivity of sport car tuning of the new generation, doing this car, with the goal of the thing which keeps spreading, new commodity constitution and price setting where until recently it is not were actualized. Feature As for engine control unit of new model Z, the body multiple which is represented in CAN communication center of trust, as mainly because it reaches the point where it has the meaning being agreeable, to be difficult (it is not impossible even speed limiter cutting to correspond with former back matter limiter cutting, but because the circuit where cost catches rather is needed, the payment the former way together as for limiter cancellation for approximately of 20000 Yen, you think. it is difficult) It became. And, setting be too low of the ƒŒƒuƒŠƒ~ƒbƒ^?[, the rear one extension of the high rotary limits is disturbed. Furthermore ignition timing and data correspondence possible smoothly power rise and the future due to the modification of the fuel injection program at the time of step-up (catalyst deletion and camshaft exchange et cetera) after staring, to data modification, the high-tech ROM makes. If both the 6MT and the 5AT is only speed cutting, therefore XXYEN as for these contents which 25.000 call also the rope rice and present car setting of the future make possible, the respective company development very the major feature which can be actualized. Until now, to manage present car setting many, at the same time presently and the system which has that window is possible the advice for various after part installing. These attention which is not achieved to the manufacturer which is called the ƒ??[ƒNƒX are the important point at the time of the CP choosing. Furthermore such as complete correspondence to the ƒCƒ‚ƒrƒ‰ƒCƒU?[ and the data it rewrites and (the charge) the possible point, many Z owner long-awaited has become items.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:48 PM
fdao

Old 02-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Intrepid

Here is some more info:

They have three models:

- Speed Limiter Removed Only: $208

- Speed Limiter Removed & REV Limiter Raised: $291

- Speed, REV + Fuel & Ignition Timing: $582

Available for Both Manual and Automatics

These seem like GREAT prices even with a core exchange.

I would think you would have to send your key to be programmed into the ECU.

This US Company may be selling this product. I emailed them and will let you know what they say:
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...tail.php?ID=59

Last edited by Intrepid; 02-07-2003 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn,..that was df a Japanese translation!! they read Very weird when converted to english

That sounds great--I take the stage 3 please!

---you send then your ECU as a core once you get theirs and thats it or pay extra---Not sure about the whole key thing though---It might not mess w/ it,.but who knows!!

keep us updated on this please.This is what we all need!
Old 04-09-2003, 08:06 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Default any more info on this ECU

Just wondering if anyone else has done any more research into these

Later
Aceman
Attached Thumbnails Power House Amuse ECU-hi-tech-rom.jpg  
Old 04-09-2003, 08:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is the second time I have read about an ECU raising the rev limit. I read of another one raising it to 7000rpm. Does anybody know what our valvetrain can safely handle? I dont think another 400 rpm would affect us in a negative way...any insight?
Old 04-09-2003, 08:37 AM
del105
15 f125

I wonder how much without sending in my core I'd like to keep the original just in case
Old 04-09-2003, 09:09 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally posted by del105
I wonder how much without sending in my core I'd like to keep the original just in case
ditto
Old 04-09-2003, 09:41 AM
turbo03

I know Jim Wolf is working on stronger valve train which will allow the car to rev the car 500rpm higher. I believe it was Titainum valve spring retainers.

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-09-2003, 10:14 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

What's rope rice?? lol
Old 04-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Shift_Speed

just cuz the rpm is increased... it doesn't really matter does it... b/c our peak hp drops off at like 6,400 ....or am i wrong? please help me...
Old 04-09-2003, 01:03 PM
JoeAE2005

Originally posted by Shift_Speed
just cuz the rpm is increased... it doesn't really matter does it... b/c our peak hp drops off at like 6,400 ....or am i wrong? please help me...
It might start dropping off at 6,400 rpm, but this HP past 6,400 rpm may still be higher than the HP you would generate had you shifted (hence lowering your rpms). If anyone can word this better than me, feel free!

-Joe
Old 04-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by turbo03
I know Jim Wolf is working on stronger valve train which will allow the car to rev the car 500rpm higher. I believe it was Titainum valve spring retainers.

thanks,
Greg
Can anybody confirm this? If this is true our valvetrain blows if we cant even safely rev 600 rpm's higher without needing new springs/retainers......
Old 04-09-2003, 02:13 PM
webcarconnection

I heard that the Engine is made to do 7000 redline and no need to do anything inside of the engine, remember that the VQ35 is de-tuned for "emission control" and all that SH@#!
Also I talk to Eric in prospec-ms.co.uk/ a few month ago and he toll me that the ECU of Japan and UK is completely different of the USA version, one thing is the Key issue (security). so he don't recomend to exchance the ECU. He toll me "wait for the USA version".
heres the link for the ECU (Japan & UK) Click on "VX-ROM"

http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/merchandise/mines_350z.html
Old 04-09-2003, 02:41 PM
Traffic

Yeah, S2000 guys covet the ECU for their cars, but experience seems to be that Amuse won't even touch US-spec cars.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:51 PM
ITR#203

A higher redline CAN be good because:
imagine an engine that makes 200 ft/lbs of torque at peak which is 5000 rpms by its redline of 7000, it makes 170. Now imagine that the redline is extended to 7500 and there it makes 155 ft/lbs of tq. It also makes 160 ft/lbs at 3000 rpms. Also imagine that 1st gear is a 3.0:1 ratio, 2nd 2.0:1 ratio. A shift at redline of 7000 from 1st to 2nd will drop the rpms to around 4700 rpms and a shift from 7500 will drop the rpms to around 5000. A shift at 5000 rpms will take you to 3000 rpms. (all of this is theoretical)

Now, we are not take hp into considaration since it is merely a function of tq [(tq times revs) divided by 5252]. At 5000 rpms in 1st, it is making 600 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels. At 7000, 510 ft/lbs and at 7500, 465 ft/ lbs.

So if torque is falling, why not shift at 5000? It's cause the torque that the engine makes is only mutiplied by a 2.0 gear ratio in 2nd compared to a 3.0 in first. A shift at 5000, will go from 600 ft/lbs of tq to only 320 ft/ lbs. Note, this is less torque than at 7500 rpms at the WHEELS even though the engine is making 5 ft/ lbs more.

A shift at 7000, will go from 510 to 400. And a shift at 7500, will go from 465 to around 395 (a guestimate).

Well you say, when you shift at 7500, then you are going from a lower # to a lower number compared to shifting at 7000. This is true but you used the power avaliable at 7000 anyway PLUS you used 500 rpms worth of power in 1st gear that no point in 2nd gear can match.

Basically, what determines the best place to shift is where the loss of torque at the wheels from shift to shift is MINIMIZED, thereby MAXIMIZING the amount of torque at the wheels. Note that, there seems to be no reason to go past 7500 in this case as 465 and 395 are pretty damn close already, plus torque will probably continue to fall at higher RPMS without some modifications. Also, seeing as the ratios from 2nd to 3rd are closer together than 1st to 2nd, there would be no reason to even take it up to 7500 in 2nd. And assuming that 3rd to 4th is even closer, it might be smarter to just shift before the STOCK redline at this point.

This is how Honda's are quick for their torque amount. They maximize the usage of the torque the engine does make through agressive gear ratios and high redlines. This is also why I wouldnt mind a more agressive final drive ratio through the aftermarket. It would basically add torque at the wheels at ALL rpms in every gear.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Ben Davis

ITR#203 has a good point although a lil convoluted IMO

Let me kinda summarize

As long as you make more torque AT THE WHEELS in one gear Vs. the next gear (based on RPM's and gear ratios, yes oyu have ot do some math!) you should stay in that gear, if staying in 1st past redline makes more torque than 2nd would (considering again torque @ rpm and gear ratio) then you will be faster staying in 1st.

Celicas had this issue, they were running high 14's stock but you had to take them about 600 rpm deep into redline, people were blowing motors left and right, the next model year fuel cut was dropped to 100 rpm above redline, result? 15.2-15.4 stock.....

Ben
Old 04-09-2003, 06:14 PM
Zaphod 350z

Here's an email I got from the Mines' exported at the end of March...

Dear Eric

Thank you for your e-mail to Mines.

We are the agent for Mines for export business.

They said that they can finish VX rom for 305Z around end of May.

So we will keep you informed

Best regards,

K.Kobayashi
TOSHO Machinery CO.,Ltd.

Granted, it turned out the Kobayashi was working for Kizer Sose, who was actually Verbel Kent, but with his kind of pull maybe he can get the ECU's earlier... (insert laugh track here)
Old 04-09-2003, 07:28 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Ben Davis
ITR#203 has a good point although a lil convoluted IMO

Let me kinda summarize

As long as you make more torque AT THE WHEELS in one gear Vs. the next gear (based on RPM's and gear ratios, yes oyu have ot do some math!) you should stay in that gear, if staying in 1st past redline makes more torque than 2nd would (considering again torque @ rpm and gear ratio) then you will be faster staying in 1st.

Celicas had this issue, they were running high 14's stock but you had to take them about 600 rpm deep into redline, people were blowing motors left and right, the next model year fuel cut was dropped to 100 rpm above redline, result? 15.2-15.4 stock.....

Ben
I thought it was like 300-400 RPMs lower???
Old 04-09-2003, 09:46 PM
D'oh

I calculated all that when I first got my car, and currently shifting as deep as possible is optimal.

I don't know how much higher we can go, since torque starts dropping off very rapidly at the high RPM ranges and there are no dyno's to show what the power is like up there. I'm guessing that you probably wouldn't gain much past 7000. Although, maybe some different cams and headers would fix that problem.

An easy way to know where to shift is to look at the power curve. The goal is to maximze the area under the curve, and since the power hump is often close to symmetric, you can estimate pretty quickly by centering the power peak in your RPM band (not the total RPM band, but for instance if the RPM's drop by 3000 when shifting near redline you would want to shift about 1500 past peak power). Since very few cars make peak power far enough below redline to accomplish that, you pretty much always want to shift as high as possible.

-D'oh!

Quick Reply: Power House Amuse ECU