Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

ECU Upgrade Available from Jetchip.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003 | 12:04 PM
Intrepid

Default ECU Upgrade Available from Jetchip.com

Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: Performance ECU for 350Z

We do have an ecu upgrade available for your application. The ecu upgrade does require that the factory ecu be sent to us for modification. You must purchase the upgrade package before sending the ecu to us for The modification. Suggested retail is $699.00, and the part number is 65005 (same # as 300ZX).
The ecu upgrades are all done per the application, in other words, do all the modifications you intend on doing before you get the ecu upgraded. That way the program can be set up for the specific modifications. Hp gains would be dependant on the extent of modifications.

Jet Performance Products
http://www.jetchip.com/
714-848-5515 from
8am to 5pm, M-F Pacific Standard Time
Old 02-10-2003 | 12:51 PM
Ferris

Sounds interesting, but if they're custom making it based on your mod, how are they gonna get your car on a dyno for proper tuning if all they have is the ECU?
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:00 PM
ColecatZ

I don't trust it...
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:22 PM
jtree007
Charter Member #53

jet is not known for quality... so going to need more then that for me to get my ecu modded
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:23 PM
phreezee

Me neither... sounds like like they just wanna make a buck.... "sure we have that" .... "same as a 300ZX".... "you don't say?" ... either that, or they wanna make a guinea pig out of you.
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:41 PM
droideka

Thumbs down

Sounds like these guys are going to the old Magic 8 Ball to figure out ECU tuning.

Jetchip: "Oh great and wise Magic 8 Ball. Will our customers see astounding and fantastic changes in their car's performance?"

Magic 8 Ball: "Not f**king likely."
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:44 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Ooooooooooooo.

stay AWAY from jet chip.

baddddd..

have had past experiences with them when i was hangin' out with the Hondata/Gforce guys a few years back.

hehe. they dont do much to their ECU except for a JetChip sticker on their eprom chip.
Old 02-10-2003 | 01:58 PM
J Ritt

Ummm....yah..... "We hear that the amuse exhaust + Y pipe add 20 hp, so we'll just go ahead and adjust the full curve to match the rise in flux capacitation pressure." Oh man...the black art of tuning has sunk to a new low.
Old 02-10-2003 | 10:34 PM
12SecZ

Default Thanks for the info Intrepid

I am looking for this mod badly! We need it....

I thought Jet had dropped their import line?

I rule them out as a vendor because the one I bought for my 01 Domestic (Chevy 3800 Series II engine) gave me nothing but check engine lights and did not add *any* power! We are talking about an engine that has been around forever!

Luckily I had bought it from Summit Racing who has the easiest return policy I know of, 30 days no questions asked and a quick refund or exchange.

I sent mine back quickly.

SuperChips is good (maybe they are the one that dropped their import line?) They make a good product, they go by vin or ECU # too I think but you don't have to send yours in, just give them the numbers they need. They are in Florida.

I have a feeling it's gonna be spring before we see quality ones. Even then I am gonna let others be guinee pigs on this mod. I have been a guinee for other stuff already

This is a tricky mod and it requires good engineering to do it right.

Vendors could learn a lesson from Hypertech on how to do it right.
Unfortuntely HyperTech is Domestic only.

Hypertech

rev and speed limiter modifiying , shift firmness, tire height adjustments, A/F, Power Tuning on or off (on for N/A only at the track is best, off is a must for non N/A runs) you can even add a 160 stat and adjust for this and adjust your fan turn on temps.

At any time you can plug it into your diagnostic port and put it back to 100% stock in minutes!

Any Vendors listening? We need something like this for the track, a tweaker toy!!

I want one but I want to be able to tweak it for driving normally and driving with Nitrous and back and forth etc.

What I don't want is a permenant burn in "after all mods are done" because my mods are *never* done hehe
Old 02-10-2003 | 10:49 PM
rodH

JET=JUNK!!

I got one for my Honda a few years back, I requested that they raise the rev limiter along with the HP gains (btw, my BRO had the EXACT same car and mods I did, except for the chip).

I got it back and the rev limiter was the SAME!! I quickly called and talked with some "tech" he took me thru a process of turning off my car, rev it, etc....(all supposed to "reset the ECU"), as I tried it a few times, and after not much luck, the tech said that I should go drive it a few days, it will get better (a ploy to get me off the phone, I assume). Needless to say, I got RIPPED!!!! and my bros car was just as fast as mine, he never bought the chip, and I got ripped.
Old 02-11-2003 | 05:05 AM
Quark

I agree with the general consensus, Jet sucks.
You send them your ECU, they put a jet sticker on it and say its programmed for your mods
You then realize you have no performance gains. Then you call jet up and ask them what the deal is. They give you the runaround, while never admitting that all you paid for was a JET sicker.
(past experience)
Old 02-11-2003 | 07:58 AM
ColecatZ

Wait for the Nismo and/or JWT ECU to be available.

although I don't know if Nissan will release the code to JWT like they did with the 300zx.....prolly save it all for Nismo profits. If there is a JWT chip you can bet it will be quality though....more than likely.