Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

New owner, need advise with service issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 05:49 PM
jrforrester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner, need advise with service issue

Hey guys,

Hopefully I posted this in the right thread, as it is drivetrain related....Just bought an 03 touring with 13k miles... Had it a couple weeks, and the infamous tranny problems started that i've been reading about with these 03's... Anyways, the third gear was grinding, but it only does it randomly, but once it starts it usually does it a couple times, but then it could be days before it does it again.. I took it to Nissan and they said they cant do anything until it either completely fails, or they can get it to grind while they are driving it (they took it out for 5 minutes and it didnt do anything). So my question is, how long is it going to take for this thing to just completely go (based on your guys experiences), as I don't want to run out of warranty before it decides to take a dump... I know I'm probably beating a dead horse with anything related to these trannies, but just want to know how to handle these guys, cause they didnt seem very interested in doing anything about it.... Secondly, I mentioned that the tire feathering problem was obviously never addressed because the tires still roar like crazy and they seem to be loosing tread pretty fast for only 13k miles.. They told me that they dont have to do anything because it was not a recall, only an extended warranty that I was now out of, so is that true?? Thanks in advance..