ECU Error Codes -- very helpful

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 01:24 PM
cpapasmurf
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P1136 Info...

Component Description
Intake valve timing control solenoid valve is activated by ON/OFF pulse duty (ratio) signals from the ECM.

The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow.

The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle.

When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.

CONSULT-II Reference Value in Data Monitor Mode

On Board Diagnosis Logic

DTC Confirmation Procedure

NOTE: If DTC Confirmation Procedure has been previously conducted, always turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds before conducting the next test.

WITH CONSULT-II

1. Turn ignition switch ON.

2. Select "DATA MONITOR" mode with CONSULT-II.
3. Start engine and let it idle for 5 seconds .
4. If 1st trip DTC is detected, go to "Diagnostic Procedure".

WITH GST
Following the procedure "WITH CONSULT-II" above.

EC-IVCB1-01

EC-IVCB2-01

Wiring Diagram

Diagnostic Procedure (Step 1)

Diagnostic Procedure (Steps 2 - 6)

Diagnostic Procedure

Component Inspection

INTAKE VALVE TIMING CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE

1. Disconnect intake valve timing control solenoid valve harness connector.

2. Check resistance between intake valve timing control solenoid valve as shown. If NG, replace intake valve timing control solenoid valve. If OK, go to next step.
3. Remove intake valve timing control solenoid valve.

4. Provide 12 V DC between intake valve timing control solenoid valve terminals and then interrupt it. Make sure that the plunger moves as shown in the figure. CAUTION: Do not apply 12 V DC continuously for 5 seconds or more. Doing so may result in damage to the coil in intake valve timing control solenoid valve. If NG, replace intake valve timing control solenoid valve. NOTE: Always replace O-ring when intake valve timing control solenoid valve is removed.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:05 AM
NissanTech350

Originally Posted by DustinZ33
I keep throwing this.

P0420 TW (Two-Way) Catalyst System, Bank 1

What exactly does it mean and what can happen as a result of this?

possible cat
Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Kneeson350z

Default SES

My ses light is on as well as my slip and tcs light...Any ideas at to what this could be guys? With all these lights on my car wont move.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM
anibalvega

I have my z Boosted, my comp flashed and one time I was driving it started to backfire and giving me pulls like when ur out of gas, I put a scaner and it read that it was running lean, I had just finish putting gas so I draing the gas thinking it was bad gas and the problem was gone. After a week the car did it again only this time the car backfire and dashboard lights went out,I checked and im not getting any spark in the coils.
Any idea what can it be? This is a diferent engine though cause the fist one blew up.
The comp flash was in an 03 engine, this one is an 05 engine..any diference?
Thank you.. Anibal

Last edited by anibalvega; 08-06-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:13 PM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

My car threw an "Unknown DTC" from an AutoTap OBDII sensor. The tech said my mass airflow sensor had to be relearned because I have an intake? Is that right? He said they use a Solaris.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:57 AM
Yonis2288

So i have this 2 codes and the guys from AutoZone were not very helpful since i felt they just read the code and repeted to me what they were but no help in how to fix them. :-(
Let me start by saying im not very familiar with 350z this is my first and before the SES came on all i did was install a backup camera and wired it to the backup lamp. After that i took the car for a short ride and notice the SES light on took it to AutoZone but no help.
Codes are:
P0182
P0462.
Please help me to fix it. I hate SES.
Old 12-25-2020, 10:13 PM
ARLETOS 350Z

Default Po1031

🤔 i have po1031 but starts runs good,either with changed the bank1 first air/fuell meter with new and after 10klm came on the ses light...

give a time here how to start and do what!?
Old 02-15-2022, 10:17 PM
EJohn

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default SEL Code P0182

Originally Posted by Yonis2288
So i have this 2 codes and the guys from AutoZone were not very helpful since i felt they just read the code and repeted to me what they were but no help in how to fix them. :-(
Let me start by saying im not very familiar with 350z this is my first and before the SES came on all i did was install a backup camera and wired it to the backup lamp. After that i took the car for a short ride and notice the SES light on took it to AutoZone but no help.
Codes are:
P0182
P0462.
Please help me to fix it. I hate SES.
OBD-II Code P0182 is defined as a Fuel Temperature Sensor "A" Circuit Low. The Fuel Temperature Sensor tells the engine control module (ECM) the temperature of the fuel. When the ECM detects an implausible signal from the Fuel Temperature Sensor, the ECM will set code P0182.

Could be anything from the sensor to wiring problems possible trouble with (worst-case) or the ECM ( probably not). Anyway start with the sensor then the rest of the circuit. Hope you get it fixed. Good luck.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:27 PM
EJohn

Default P1031 dtc

Originally Posted by ARLETOS 350Z
🤔 i have po1031 but starts runs good,either with changed the bank1 first air/fuell meter with new and after 10klm came on the ses light...

give a time here how to start and do what!?
The Engine Control Module (ECM) performs ON/OFF duty control of the Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 heater corresponding to the engine operating condition to keep the temperature of A/F Sensor 1 element at the specified range. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the current amperage in the heated Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 heater circuit is out of the normal range. An excessively low voltage signal is sent to the Engine Control Module (ECM) through the heated Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor 1 heater.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p1031_nissan.html#descp1

I know you have probably already fixed your problem, if not maybe The above will help. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2022, 10:40 PM
EJohn

Default Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve

Originally Posted by PowaHouseAlex
P1136 Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve

i got that code ,can anyone break that down for me?
Is the car stock.?
Next do you know how to test the solenoid?

I probably should ask do you have access to the Factory Service Manual (FSM)?
If not might try to look up the DTC on the internet.
Their are several sites like this one, maybe someone on here who is more knowledgeable than me can help.

Hope you got your car taken care of.
Good luck!

Old 02-15-2022, 11:07 PM
EJohn

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
From the FSM....
I was having the same code, took mine to a retired Nissan tech...BTW he had worked for Nissan for over 30 years just saying.
He said he had seen on multiple occasions that the (after the problem was ignored) cat was releasing Catalyst dust into the exhaust system and being drawn back into, the engine. I had to think about that, and yeah I can understand why he would say that.
So, this code could cause engine damage (the dust is VERY ABRASIVE)
Anyway his 2c and I do agree.
If you can't afford the fix it, you can just go ahead and buy the test pipes of your choice.
Hope this long winded post helps.
Hope you get things worked out.
Good luck!