Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

AAM Fuel Return System!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAM Fuel Return System!

FIRST TIME EVER – AAM Spec. Fuel Rail Return System Sale!!!

On our constant quest to redefine the wheel we are preparing to release a new AAM Spec Fuel Rail System which is a culmination of several refinements to our classic Fuel Rail Return System. So what are we going to do with the tested, tried, and true classic Fuel Rail Systems we have in stock? We’ll we couldn’t think of a better way to end such a successful production run than to offer the LARGEST DISCOUNT EVER! This price is final and when we are out of stock – that’s it for the popular classic version!

$999.00 - $250.00 INSTANT REBATE = $749.00

As a special added bonus, we will also be including a randomly selected raffle certificate in each box which will range from $25.00 to $100.00 gift certificate for future AAM Spec. orders!

Here is the run down on what the AAM Spec. Fuel Rail Return System is:

Twin Turbos on a 350Z? Forced Induction on the VQ? Supercharged G35? Well get the fuel setup that makes it all work properly with the AAM Return Fuel Rail Solution for the 350Z and G35!

The AAM Return Fuel Rail System for the Nissan 350Z and Infiniti G35 is a direct bolt-on kit that converts the current factory “return less” fuel system to a full return fuel system. The “return less” system in the 350Z & G35 offers minimal adjustment to the amount of fuel the engine can receive. This type of system is cheaper for the factory to manufacture and works okay in a factory naturally aspirated setup, but has several draw backs when you go to forced induction.

One negative aspect of the factory returnless system is that the factory fuel pressure regulator is installed in the fuel tank. The factory fuel pressure regulator does not allow fuel pressure adjustments and is incapable of holding a constant fuel pressure with most aftermarket fuel pumps. The factory fuel pressure regulator also is unable to add fuel pressure under boost. This system is a must have for any forced induction supercharged or turbocharged vehicle and any big shot nitrous vehicles because the AAM Spec system removes the factory regulator's control of fuel pressure and replaces the control with a vacuum/boost sensitive adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This allows you to adjust both the level of base fuel pressure and increase fuel pressure under boost.

BENEFITS:

•Adjustable base fuel pressure (35psi to 65psi)
•Increases fuel pressure under boost (about one pound of fuel pressure for each pound of boost)
•Each fuel rail is fed individually for equalized fuel flow
•Billet fuel rails have a larger internal diameter for improved fuel flow
•Redesigned injector hood (internal portion of the fuel rail where the top of the injector receives fuel from) that offers much better clearance and flow.
•Allows fuel to flow to the injectors easily

This bolt-in kit is a direct replacement and upgrade to the factory fuel system and includes a completely new set of AAM Spec CNC Billet Aluminum Fuel Rails with a 500% flow improvement over stock, a complete set of –AN stainless lines and fittings (completely pre-assembled and pressure tested to greatly decrease installation time), Aeromotive 1:1 boost referenced fuel pressure regulator, fuel pressure gauge, and a full set of instructions with pictures for a straight forward installation. A must for any high-horsepower 350Z and G35!

You can give us a call to order 301.330.8835 opt. 4, e-mail us Sales@alteredatmosphere.com, or order online here
http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FS . If you order online the regular price will show, simply place your order and you will actually be charged the discounted rate!

Special Sale Pricing available only while quantities last and does not apply to previous orders and/or orders in transit/currently being installed.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, thats a great price Mike.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
wow, thats a great price Mike.
Thanks! We have a lot of pride in our 350Z&G35-industry-first fuel system developments and figured the "Classic" Fuel Rail System deserved no less than to retire in style
Old 10-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Mr_pharmD

I heard that the aam sweats fuel vapor? Is there anyway to prevent this?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD

we can test on my car and find out
Old 10-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Nismo350ZRT

I doubt it since the guys complaining about it still have the problem. I'm guessing that's why it's on sale. If the gas vapor didn't exist, I'd be all over this thing.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Mr_pharmD

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
we can test on my car and find out

is it really that bad? or only if u leave the car in the garage for a wk?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:36 AM
skyydiver

Mike, I am planning on going FI next year. So a couple of questions:

1) Can I go ahead and install this kit on my car without any mods to the computer?

2) Will the fuel rails work with the stock injectors or do I need to purchase aftermarket fuel injectors now (which obviously would require a re-flash of the computer)?

3) How many PSI is the factory fuel pump capable of with your system? Trying to discern if I need to go ahead and get the Walbro Fuel Pump to go along with this kit.

4) I would like to mount a fuel pressure gauge inside the passenger compartment, if I understand correctly, the fuel pressure regulator included with your kit has a provision for installing a fuel pressure gauge. Do you have a recommendation for a "safe" in the passenger compartment fuel pressure gauge?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 10-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Mr_pharmD

I think the vapors might be coming from the connector in return line hose (the long line running on the bottom of the car) that connects to the walbro pump. The fitting that is provided is only a clamp and it does not provide a secure fitting causing the vapors to escape.

Last edited by Mr_pharmD; 10-03-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:45 AM
iyah

is thsi true about the vapor? I'v never heard of it? how bad is it?
Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

This used to be more of an issue. A short while ago we began coating our fuel return line with a nylon type covering to keep fuel vapors from permiating. The lines directly under the hood are not coated (they look much better un-coated!) but because these lines are before the fuel rails, fuel does not retain in these lines. Fuel will retain in the stainless steel braided return line which is now coated.

After we coated the fuel return line nearly all of the vapor permiating smell has gone away for our customers.

The largest problems we've seen recently concerning vapor smell on the current kit is from installations where the O-Ring has been overtightened which squishes the rubber O-Ring out.

Hope this helps,
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Mr_pharmD

so if installed properly, there should be no vapor smell?
Old 10-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by skyydiver

1) Can I go ahead and install this kit on my car without any mods to the computer?
If you set the fuel pressure to near stock in a NA application, the fuel pressure will be very similar to stock -- so it should not be a problem. If you have several bolt-ons the 350Z & G35 tend to like more fuel, so you could increase the fuel pressure two or three pounds for more fuel at WOT. At idle and mid-throttle, the factory computer should compenate for the extra fuel pressure so your car will not run rich.

2) Will the fuel rails work with the stock injectors or do I need to purchase aftermarket fuel injectors now (which obviously would require a re-flash of the computer)?
The fuel system will work with the factory injecors.

3) How many PSI is the factory fuel pump capable of with your system? Trying to discern if I need to go ahead and get the Walbro Fuel Pump to go along with this kit.
It depends on your horsepower requirement. With a new stock car you can achieve over 60-65psi of fuel pressure (but I would not suggest setting the base fuel pressure more than 55-60psi).

4) I would like to mount a fuel pressure gauge inside the passenger compartment, if I understand correctly, the fuel pressure regulator included with your kit has a provision for installing a fuel pressure gauge. Do you have a recommendation for a "safe" in the passenger compartment fuel pressure gauge?
The kit comes with an under-the-hood fuel pressure gauge. When you get a good, quality fuel pressure gauge (such as GReddy, HKS, Defi) it will be an electronic gauge with an isolator. The isolator will adapt to our included Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, and an electrical wire will run from the isolator to the gauge. So fuel will never enter your vehicles cockpit.

Hope this helps
Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Nismo350ZRT

When is the new fuel system coming out? How about some info on it?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
When is the new fuel system coming out? How about some info on it?
The new fuel system is coming out in approx. two to three weeks. It is very similar with a few updates that will improve installation ease, minor flow updates we've learned (keep in mind we have customers making 550rwhp with the current system, and over 600rwhp with both our current fuel rail return system and Stg. 2 Big Pump Upgrade http://www.alteredatmosphere.com/mm5...y_Code=350Z_FS , etc.

Mike
Old 10-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Mr_pharmD

arite, I just purchased 1 so I hope I wont have any issues with the vapor (knock on wood )
Old 10-03-2006, 12:07 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Mike@Altered
Stg. 2 Big Pump Upgrade [
Mike
Thats pretty tight also.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:20 PM
skyydiver

Mike, great info! Thank you so much for responding.

So it sounds like to me (if I understood correctly), I can use the stock fuel pump with your return system and be able to have enough PSI for a base Vortech system (8 - 9psi of boost) without having to upgrade the stock fuel pump to a Walbro.

This raises another discussion point, it seems like I could forgo the Vortech fuel pump since I would be utilizing your return system which can provide 52psi without boost and your fuel pressure regulator would allow for a 1:1 increase in fuel pressure with boost which would put me at 60psi of fuel pressure needed...which per your earlier response, the stock fuel pump is capable of.

Okay, screw it...what is an extra $100 for a Walbro Fuel Pump that would not have to work nearly as hard as a stock pump. Hee Hee

Heck, now all I would have to do is purchase some 440cc Fuel injectors and I will be set!!!!

Damn Mike, you are going to make me spend $750 they I had not planned on spending before Christmas!

Oh yeah, I should probably get a "Cipher" too while I am spending the money. Doh!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Mike@Altered
Banned

Mike, great info! Thank you so much for responding.

So it sounds like to me (if I understood correctly), I can use the stock fuel pump with your return system and be able to have enough PSI for a base Vortech system (8 - 9psi of boost) without having to upgrade the stock fuel pump to a Walbro.
The best way to go about this is to use the Walboro and 440cc injectors when you have the Vortech supercharger kit. This will get rid of the FMU which can be unrelaible and overdrive the injectors. With this mentioned fuel setup most of our customers upgrade to the 3.12 or 2.87 pulley (these pullies will give you much better torque and top-end power!).

You can use the Split Second box that comes with the Vortech kit to control the 440cc injectors without problem. Or, just get the Tuner Version of the Vortech kit and forgoe their fuel system all together. In this case I'd use the UTEC (or HKS F-Con Pro if you want to spend the extra $$) for engine management.

Hope this helps,

Last edited by Mike@Altered; 10-03-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:53 PM
skyydiver

Yes, it does help! Thank you so much Mike. My only problem with going with the Tuner version of the Vortech and the UTEC or HKS F-Con Pro is that I do not have anyone in my area that can tune that thing. I suppose I could learn how to (because that is what I had planned on doing with the Split Second Box and the R4 software).

Back to the drawing board. Ugghh!

Thanks Again Mike for all the help. Outstanding service as always and outstanding products!

Joe

Last edited by skyydiver; 10-03-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply: AAM Fuel Return System!