Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Picture of shatterd piston. Crappy dealer service too.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 09:36 AM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Picture of shatterd piston. Crappy dealer service too.

Last edited by rocks; 10-06-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Zexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok! Bye!!!!

JK... Go get an attorney man.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have all these problems with just 6k miles on the car? Sorry to say but you don't know how to properly drive the Z. If your rotors are faded, your tires are gone, and your clutch is messed up, most likely you drive the **** outta that car and you shouldn't ask them to change it for you.

Sorry about your piston, i'm sure they will fix that but the other problems I agree with the dealer about abuse. I mean, I abuse my car as well but I replace the part if it is my fault.

Just get some upgraded rotors, nice sticky tires and be done with it.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Q45tech

With a brand new engine and your 3500 mile road trip and 6,000 miles in 1 month how often did you check and add oil to the engine?

Did engine fail because you didn't KEEP the oil FULL as required to maintain warranty?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
chimmike

don't get an attorney, that shows them you have something to hide.

do this:

1) Act mature. When they get belligerent and stupid, keep your calm, but use a firm voice and state the facts.

2) If they refuse something, explain to them that unless they can prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that your exhaust or other mod caused that part to break, the law states they MUST fix the parts.

3) Any warranty replacements also cover parts that are affected by the removal and install of other parts.....i.e. the clutch. If they HAVE to take it apart and therefore they think it needs replacing, that's a casualty of their work for the recall and they must replace it under warranty.

then, like the other guy said, learn how to drive the car properly
Old 10-05-2006, 10:00 AM
rocks

The oil was changed before the trip and when i got back. The clutch he said they can reuse it or i can pay for a new one and they will put it in while they have the tranny off, its my choice. The clutch is fine. I know how to properly drive a car. Hell i flogged my altima nonstop and it never broke. My porsche 928 i would shift it at 7500 rpms when i raced it, it never complained. The rotors are not worn out. They are fine they are just being dicks. I change my oil like its my religon.

I should also mention i have bought 3 new vechiles from this dealer, and never had a problem untill now. I never even had to take one in for warranty work. Explain to me how a piston shatters on a stock NA motor....

Last edited by rocks; 10-05-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
BluZee

Too bad you live so far away from Midland.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 AM
rocks

Dude i live an hour from midland. Maybe i should of taken it there?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
dukeduster

OMFG you people are just pussies! wtf are you people thinking flaming rocks like that! First off how the hell are you suppopsed to drive a sports car???? liike a little granny huh. Obviously because of your flaming. One thing that really got my attention is that q45tech said is that if he kept the oil full LOL what a moron! EVEN if the oil was a quart low do you think that could cuase a piston to just shatter? If so nissan needs to stop building this sports car RIGHT NOW. Rocks can drive just fine, hell I have a 2002 wrx that I beat the living **** out of and it was modified pretty heavy. Not one engine problem AT ALL!! infact I pulled the motor (YES I DID IT MYSELF TO ALL YOU IDIOTS THAT WANT YOUR WORK DONE BY A SHOP) and did a compression test and pulled 150psi cold across all four cyclinders. Subaru doesnt have this problem. Blueing in the rotors hrmmm lets see he went to wyoming which is full of mountains, tell me that downhill braking doesnt heat up rotors and i will slap the **** out of you! We also test drove a new 350z before he bought this one and guess what slipping clutch! clutches in the 350z's ARE WEAK! To all you factory freaks I guess you have to face the facts and accept you are stupid read the post before you falme morons! WORST BOARD I HAVE EVER STUMBLED UPON!!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 10:55 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by dukeduster
OMFG you people are just pussies! wtf are you people thinking flaming rocks like that! First off how the hell are you suppopsed to drive a sports car???? liike a little granny huh. Obviously because of your flaming. One thing that really got my attention is that q45tech said is that if he kept the oil full LOL what a moron! EVEN if the oil was a quart low do you think that could cuase a piston to just shatter? If so nissan needs to stop building this sports car RIGHT NOW. Rocks can drive just fine, hell I have a 2002 wrx that I beat the living **** out of and it was modified pretty heavy. Not one engine problem AT ALL!! infact I pulled the motor (YES I DID IT MYSELF TO ALL YOU IDIOTS THAT WANT YOUR WORK DONE BY A SHOP) and did a compression test and pulled 150psi cold across all four cyclinders. Subaru doesnt have this problem. Blueing in the rotors hrmmm lets see he went to wyoming which is full of mountains, tell me that downhill braking doesnt heat up rotors and i will slap the **** out of you! We also test drove a new 350z before he bought this one and guess what slipping clutch! clutches in the 350z's ARE WEAK! To all you factory freaks I guess you have to face the facts and accept you are stupid read the post before you falme morons! WORST BOARD I HAVE EVER STUMBLED UPON!!!!!
Relax cowboy, your newb colors are showing!!!

First off, we know exactly how to drive our cars. We abuse them plenty, but there are limitations to everything.

Secondly, i'm glad you rebuilt your wrx but the people who actually "have jobs", don't have time so they take it into a shop to work on their vehicle and provide some sort of warranty for their work.

Lastly, leave your childish 15 year old high school remarks to yourself, because in this forum you will get booted.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 10:57 AM
deezz

You should have taken it to another Nissan dealer.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

WORST BOARD I HAVE EVER STUMBLED UPON!!!!!
Sorry you feel that way after ONE user made an ignorant comment. Nice rant by the way.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:01 AM
97supratt

WORST BOARD I HAVE EVER STUMBLED UPON!!!!!
That is the best compliment we have ever heard.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rocks: make sure the dealer puts anything they CLAIM into WRITING (like on a service receipt, or something with the dealer's letterhead). Tell them to itemize ALL remarks relating to WHY THEY WILL NOT WARRANTY THE CAR.

It sounds like you called them on their B.S. and they are going to warrant the engine. But JUST IN CASE THEY DON'T... you need this stuff in writing. For when you sue them in federal court for the cost of the repair plus legal fees (magnussen-moss act allows for suing for legal fees).

Best of luck. Always sucks to get a lemon
Old 10-05-2006, 11:04 AM
deezz

Let ROCKS speak for himself. Are you his boyfriend?
Old 10-05-2006, 11:05 AM
dukeduster

Well from the things i hear from rocks it makes this board seem awful! Although I am sure there are some who know what they are talking about. as for 99supratt I have A job where you wouldnt want to work! trust me hippie oilfield work is for real men! I actually am just dedicated to my vehicle enogugh to where i make time! Oh I may get banned for voicing my opinion but this would never happen in my board!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
dukeduster

Rocks cant speak for himself when hes getting flamed Nonstop!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Nismo350ZRT

One word for you...paragraphs.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:14 AM
dukeduster

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
One word for you...paragraphs.
Wow, a lot of you actually do flame alot thats great proof!! Thanks for the compliment moderator! heh
Old 10-05-2006, 11:14 AM
97supratt

Well from the things i hear from rocks it makes this board seem awful! Although I am sure there are some who know what they are talking about. as for 99supratt I have A job where you wouldnt want to work! trust me hippie oilfield work is for real men! I actually am just dedicated to my vehicle enogugh to where i make time! Oh I may get banned for voicing my opinion but this would never happen in my board!
Let me explain something to you Mr.Oil tycoon. When somebody creates a thread with rediculous alligations blaming the dealer for the clutch, brakes, tires and the engine. Especially when the Z only has 6k miles. I put my car through hell and back, but I dont expect the dealer to pay for my mistakes.

Lastly, no your brakes shouldn't turn blue because you are taking a 3k mile trip down mountains. I'm tired of hearing how everything sucks on these cars, its time to give some credit where it belongs.

Nobody flamed him, I was being logical something you weren't.

Quick Reply: Picture of shatterd piston. Crappy dealer service too.