Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:26 PM
ZeeForce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I found out after my 1k miles visit that they did not seal anything, so the first 1k didn't count. Then, they "topped off" the oil after saying I was 2 quarts low and sealed everything.

Oil sputtered out of the dipstick and would get all over the engine and burn off. It ends up they filled the oil to over 6 quarts (I found this out later, as the engine was sealed and I couldn't check it).
Odd, I never had mine sealed. Suppose it depends on the dealer.

I am always present when they are about to check the oil, and there also after they top it off or change it, to check it with them before I leave the dealership. Good for you to change dealerships. Hopefully all will go well.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
ZeeForce

Originally Posted by 9kFever
.. NNA is on the hook for over 100,000 when including compensatory damages.

Anyone in my situation who lives in California should contact Norman Taylor. He helped write CA's lemon law and holds many records for damages.

www.normantaylor.com

absolutely no money required up front. You dont win you pay nothing. The majority of their cases are settled out of court.
Wow, I have heard of buy-backs and upgrades, but 100,000!

What a lawyer!

I will keep him in mind if I have to go that route. You deserve all you can squeeze out of them, they have really put you through the ringer. Make em pay big time!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Ataru074

guys I solved the problem with my 06...
now I'm the happy owner of a nismo 08 #867

Matteo
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by ZeeForce
Wow, I have heard of buy-backs and upgrades, but 100,000!

What a lawyer!

I will keep him in mind if I have to go that route. You deserve all you can squeeze out of them, they have really put you through the ringer. Make em pay big time!
well thats if they choose to defend...it says something about in the spirit of compromise we are asking 34,000 something....
Old 01-31-2008, 09:31 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by Ataru074

Matteo

now go deal with the 07-08 clutch problem that IMO is way worse.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:47 PM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now go deal with the 07-08 clutch problem that IMO is way worse.
idk...they already have a fix/recall on the defective part.
Drop the tranny, replace slave clyinder, re-install tranny...all done and enjoy.
100% fix, unlike how many VQ verisions and still not 100% fix and how many years now.....
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 AM
GATORZ

Default Time frame for V2 install?

How long is your dealer taking for the install of the V2? Mine has been at the dealer since Monday morning. 5 days....should I be worried that they don't know what there doing and that's why it's taking this long or is it normal. I have no faith in this dealership but they are the one I started the OC test with and NNA said I would have to redo the OC test if I wanted another dealer to install the V2....BS. Here it is...just begging for mods.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:30 AM
06CPV35

Ahh...she's a beaut. Congrats.
I've read a wide variance of days it takes for install. 2 days up to almost 2 weeks.
I'm going to assume it depends on how many mechanics on the job and/or number of mechanics staffed and/or their normal daily/weekly customer workflow load. Hope your dealer pulls through with a careful and correct install for you.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 AM
jason350z

so today i went to the nissan dealer, have my oil checked after 1,000 miles. and they said they would get me a new engine by next week.

will that solve the problem?

will the car perform the same?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 AM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Ataru074

Matteo
That's one way to solve the problem. Congrats.

Hopefully you did not lose your shirt on trade-in. That is one thing that stopped me from going that route early on.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Z-Track

Well, just wanted to welcome myself to the board. I have been keeping up with this since I bought my car new back in March of 07 (reading of course never posting).

I feel like I am at an AA meeting.

Hello, my name is Z-track and I have an OC problem.

Dropped the car off this past Monday and just picked the car up from the dealer today with the new “V2”….

Like the rest of you I will keep you all posted as the miles are rolled on…..
Old 02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
jason350z

Originally Posted by jason350z
so today i went to the nissan dealer, have my oil checked after 1,000 miles. and they said they would get me a new engine by next week.

will that solve the problem?

will the car perform the same?

if the v2 doesn't solve the problem what will happen will the dealers do then?
they wont exchange the cat right?
Old 02-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Wholey Smokes

Well, I just got my car back from having a new engine installed and the invoice says part number 10102-AC7MA. That's the V1 right?

Damnit. I thought I was going to get through this engine replacement thing with no headaches. I guess I'll be taking it back to complain on Monday.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
9kFever

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
idk...they already have a fix/recall on the defective part.
Drop the tranny, replace slave clyinder, re-install tranny...all done and enjoy.
100% fix, unlike how many VQ verisions and still not 100% fix and how many years now.....

BS...go read the thread or talk to 97supraTT....he is lemoning his car. Recall didn't do a thing.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
9kFever

if the v2 doesn't solve the problem what will happen will the dealers do then?
they wont exchange the cat right?
You would need to contact NNA...I'd suggest BBB or an Attorney as well.

PS...the BS above this was not intended to the person i replied to...to nissan's sorry attempts at fixing cars in general.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
jason350z

You would need to contact NNA...I'd suggest BBB or an Attorney as well.

PS...the BS above this was not intended to the person i replied to...to nissan's sorry attempts at fixing cars in general.
oh shi.t this is bad. i would consider lemon law as well cause this is rediculous if changing the engine is not gonna solve the problem.

i bought my z summer 06 would the lemon law still apply. i'm not familar with it.
would not mind getting an 07-08
Old 02-01-2008, 07:12 PM
Z-Track

Originally Posted by Wholey Smokes
Well, I just got my car back from having a new engine installed and the invoice says part number 10102-AC7MA. That's the V1 right?

Damnit. I thought I was going to get through this engine replacement thing with no headaches. I guess I'll be taking it back to complain on Monday.
Correct that is the “V1” and they ordered and installed the wrong engine.

First thing Monday morning call NNA customer service, tell them that they put the 10102-AC7MA in for the OC problem. Then tell them according to NTB07-088 the engine should have been replaced with the 10102-AC7MZ. Now realize that NNA customer service will not have a clue about any of the numbers. So, make sure the NNA CS rep has all the numbers and then at that point the customer service rep needs to speak to NNA Internal Technical Service or transfer you to them. The answer from NNA Technical Service will be “take the car back because the engine should be replaced per NTB07-088”. The reason I am telling you to call NNA first is to get a file started, make sure you get the file number. I speak from experience but everything worked out.

Basically the MA is still a valid part number for the 287 hp w/ AT cars but it is not valid for the 300 hp w/ MT.

One additional note:
I do have to give my dealership service department credit, after I mentioned that they put in a 7MA engine they called their regional rep to get the skinny. Since, this was on a Friday, they could not get the regional rep so they had to wait until Monday. Even though by Monday I had already talked to NNA and knew what needed to be done. By mid-morning Monday, my dealership called me back and had the correct 7MZ engine ordered. I am very pleased with my dealerships service department and think they are great to work with. I am also glad that they also stepped up to the plate and helped any way they could.

Sorry for the dissertation, but that is my nature….

Last edited by Z-Track; 02-01-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Wholey Smokes

Originally Posted by Z-Track
Correct that is the “V1” and they ordered and installed the wrong engine.

First thing Monday morning call NNA customer service, tell them that they put the 10102-AC7MA in for the OC problem. Then tell them according to NTB07-088 the engine should have been replaced with the 10102-AC7MZ. Now realize that NNA customer service will not have a clue about any of the numbers. So, make sure the NNA CS rep has all the numbers and then at that point the customer service rep needs to speak to NNA Internal Technical Service or transfer you to them. The answer from NNA Technical Service will be “take the car back because the engine should be replaced per NTB07-088”. The reason I am telling you to call NNA first is to get a file started, make sure you get the file number. I speak from experience but everything worked out.

Basically the MA is still a valid part number for the 287 hp w/ AT cars but it is not valid for the 300 hp w/ MT.

One additional note:
I do have to give my dealership service department credit, after I mentioned that they put in a 7MA engine they called their regional rep to get the skinny. Since, this was on a Friday, they could not get the regional rep so they had to wait until Monday. Even though by Monday I had already talked to NNA and knew what needed to be done. By mid-morning Monday, my dealership called me back and had the correct 7MZ engine ordered. I am very pleased with my dealerships service department and think they are great to work with. I am also glad that they also stepped up to the plate and helped any way they could.

Sorry for the dissertation, but that is my nature….

No no. Thank you for the post.....very helpful. My service department up until this point has been very good. Hopefully they will continue to be so.

As for GATORZ question about how long engine replacement is taking......
I took my car in on a Friday and I picked it up on Wednesday evening.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
9kFever

oh shi.t this is bad. i would consider lemon law as well cause this is rediculous if changing the engine is not gonna solve the problem.

i bought my z summer 06 would the lemon law still apply. i'm not familar with it.
would not mind getting an 07-08

sure would apply
Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 AM
06CPV35

BS...go read the thread or talk to 97supraTT....he is lemoning his car. Recall didn't do a thing.
Wow...thought it was all good. Haven't read that thread for quite a few days.
I didn't take it that way, but thanks for the clarification.
Nissan needs to stop going with the lowest bidder on production part components that supply defective parts. Probably cheap cloned parts for all we know.
Originally Posted by Z-Track
I feel like I am at an AA meeting.

Hello, my name is Z-track and I have an OC problem.
Good analogy. Welcome to the OC disease we all have.
You're not alone anymore and we meet every Wednesday night.
This thread is your 12 step OC program?

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion