Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:11 AM
06CPV35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZPimp
1 - print/read Nissan's TSB on this issue https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....32332&page=105

2 - go to the dealer as the TSB states to get an oil consumption test initiated

3 - per the TSB if results of the 1,000 mile OC test indicate a drop on your dip stick of 4mm then you win a new engine

It's just that simple - problem is some of these new motors (what we call the V2) will also consume.
Not trying to be critical here, but TSB chart shows 6mm at 501-1000 miles for 'no good' range, not 4mm
Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 AM
luvZcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will contribute my 2.5 % of luvZcar’s pay check back to the community.
this is just what I thought you'd say ,you are deffinatly the big brother of the OC,and a hell of a nice guy it is so great that the community can help each other out like this,OK so break in is over well I have like 20 miles to go but I'll do that today and on monday or tuesday take it to the dealer for its first oil change , then start the 1k test of my own all over again and will report back after that/so far 0mm still and hope it stays that way
Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 PM
ZPimp

Nissan has put me through the ringer and I can hear the bell for the next round. I'm not going to take the beating anymore. No more rollercoaster ride for me. I know what's at the end of this ride. I'm getting off (buyback). No more motors, no more OC tests, no more checking the dip stick. Good bye - I'm signing off. You all are a great group!

Thanks ZForce, 9k, and everyone else who contributed so far. I hope everyone gets resolution they are seeking. For me there is no resolution when Nissan doesn't have a fixed motor and its been 3 years - and they admit there is no V3 coming.

Last edited by ZPimp; 02-18-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 AM
MasterRacer

just to let you guys know Nissan has finally agreed to replace my engine, it took 1 week for the Better Business Bureau to get a response from them and this will be attempt #1 from the factory to resolve the issue. It's funny though that after several OC tests it took a case from the BBB to get them moving. I am supposed to get a call in a week or 2 to schedule an appointment to have the engine replaced. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:25 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
just to let you guys know Nissan has finally agreed to replace my engine, it took 1 week for the Better Business Bureau to get a response from them and this will be attempt #1 from the factory to resolve the issue. It's funny though that after several OC tests it took a case from the BBB to get them moving. I am supposed to get a call in a week or 2 to schedule an appointment to have the engine replaced. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.
Funny you mention this. I just got STROKED by my dealer yesterday on my 1000mi level check. May be following your same footsteps. Frickin dealerships...truely amazing
Old 02-20-2008, 02:15 AM
basicblack@nola

Has any one with a new engine have an oil consumption problem?I don't want to go through hell and then have the same problem.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:09 AM
BabyZiLLa

Originally Posted by basicblack@nola
Has any one with a new engine have an oil consumption problem?I don't want to go through hell and then have the same problem.
Have you read even one of the 126 pages? If you still can't work that answer out by this afternoon put on your bib and I'll spoon feed you.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 AM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by BabyZiLLa
Have you read even one of the 126 pages? If you still can't work that answer out by this afternoon put on your bib and I'll spoon feed you.
+1K
Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 AM
joe_blow_xbox

Originally Posted by basicblack@nola
Look on page 1, post 1. There is a list of people with new motors and their results. Some have had success with the V2 motor, some haven't.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 AM
accordhybrid

I have the new engine and its still buring oil. I go in tomorrow to start the consumption test again.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Funny you mention this. I just got STROKED by my dealer yesterday on my 1000mi level check. May be following your same footsteps. Frickin dealerships...truely amazing

Unfortunately you have to keep on the dealership, BBB will ask you for all current documentation of the problem. If they can not see a valid problem on paper then they will have a hard time getting Nissan to respond. I have a paper trail from all of last year and Dec 06, 6months after I purchased the car. All of documentation from the dealer has a paragraph on "Customer thinks engine is consuming excess oil..blah blah blib", they need to see that you have brought it to there attention several times. My OC tests proved that there was a problem but they still are "well we need to test this and that..". I just finally got fed up and said F U Better Business Bureau time.
I hope this helps clear up the mess a bit.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:13 PM
06CPV35

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Unfortunately you have to keep on the dealership, BBB will ask you for all current documentation of the problem. If they can not see a valid problem on paper then they will have a hard time getting Nissan to respond. I have a paper trail from all of last year and Dec 06, 6months after I purchased the car. All of documentation from the dealer has a paragraph on "Customer thinks engine is consuming excess oil..blah blah blib", they need to see that you have brought it to there attention several times. My OC tests proved that there was a problem but they still are "well we need to test this and that..". I just finally got fed up and said F U Better Business Bureau time.
I hope this helps clear up the mess a bit.
Yes it does thank you. I'm a vet to this issue 2+ yrs. Work orders showing 'customer states' etc. Now that TSB released I qualify for replacement with 2+ years of self monitoring and started official OC test. Never started test back then bc I was never 1qt/1000mi or worse. I was 6-8mm down at 950mi, which is less consumption than normal since dealer changed oil and knew to start testing...hmmm. I have suspicions around that additionally. Past 2yrs at 1K, I'd be 8-10mm down. At 2300-2600mi, 24mm down.

When dealer checked at 1100mi they said I was at full and showed me...BS!! That's okay...I'll play their game and see where I'm at next visit. I requested test to continue. I also have a UOA on my oil from 20K-25K on VQ that proves blow-by and fuel dilute. Saving that doc for 3rd party documentation if needed. My G35 will not leave my sight next time it sits for drain back time and then they check level. No expiration time on TSB, so if I can be patient longer, I could try OC test again at a later time with a different more honest dealer. But my patience is very thin these days and tired of this OC issue since Jan 06 when bought new.

I see the paper trail this current dealer is trying to create too, officially having no OC issues So sad some of these dealers

Appreciate your response and insite. Thanks again
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 PM
imseksy

WCN is putting in my new V2 motor today, will pick up and post results as soon as i get it back and after break in period.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM
9kFever

my settlement check showed up. Going back to the s2000. The Z put a bad taste in my mouth and made me wish I never sold my previous vortech s2000.

Not any s2000...this one...
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=560249
Old 02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
9kFever

Call Norman Taylor www.normantaylor.com

they lemon'd my car without a hitch.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:40 PM
myZter
PREMIER MEM.FTW

Originally Posted by imseksy
WCN is putting in my new V2 motor today, will pick up and post results as soon as i get it back and after break in period.
i took mines in monday night called today and they said its not done. how long does it take?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 AM
Doba

After a quick glance at the spread sheet on page 1 there are approximately 12 members still pending results with their V2, any of you still pending have any new news to report in?

Looking over that chart I see there are more success stories with the V2 then there are failures.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 AM
Reality350

^Doba,
Most are in the "still pending" stage. It will take more mileage to see if these motors are holding up.
My OC did not start until about 32k miles..

I hope I received a mid week engine
Old 02-21-2008, 04:17 AM
Doba

^^ yeah Church so people need to get out and drive more lol we need more updates

oh no you've started your test too, well I hope things go well for you
Old 02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
ZPimp

Originally Posted by 9kFever
my settlement check showed up. Going back to the s2000. The Z put a bad taste in my mouth and made me wish I never sold my previous vortech s2000.

Not any s2000...this one...
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=560249
I'm right behind you. If NNA turns down my buyback offer I'll call your lawyer. I've had 3 motors and am sick to my stomach over all this.

Folks don't count on the V2 stats - the jury is still out and we are just 2 of the many who are seeing OC early on. The V2 is not a fix and there's no V3 in the works according to NNA. I would consider buyback before its too late and your vehicle consumes at 32k or 64k and becomes a gross poluter.

Quick Reply: RevUp Oil Consumption TSB and discussion