Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Bunch of wierd problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
dingobiatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bunch of wierd problems...

Just got my ECU reflashed by Technosquare (about a month ago actually). As of a week or two ago, my handbrake light and tire pressure warning lights are on randomly. My tire pressure readings (on the dash gauge thing) are fine, staying around 30-34 depending on weather. My handbrake light will be on for no reason, even though the handbrake is completely down. Also, these warnings aren't always on, only sometimes. I noticed if I accelerate hard and then slow down, the handbrake light sometimes turns on.

Anyway, I don't think thats a big deal but I would like to figure out whats going on. I would take it into a dealer, but I'm even more worried about the next problem:

I got my UR Crank Pulley installed w/ the proper Gates Belts a few months back. It's been squealing when I turn my car on after the car has cooled down. I've gotten it retightened twice, it is def. tight enough. My shop guy that I trust says that it's just that the belt has become glazed (?) and that it will squeal when it's cold, because it can't catch on the pulley. He said I can get a new belt put on and it will solve the issue for some time, but it actually isn't doing any harm to anything. He says it will just irritate me.

Does this sound right? If it is, I might just warm the car up and take it straight to the dealer, and hope they work on it quickly before it starts squealing again..
Old 11-29-2006, 06:06 PM
alrific

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.Your shop guy is right. 2.Go to the dealer and have them register your tire pressure sensors, that usually fixes the prob. 3. Check your brake fluid level, low fluid is the most common cause of your prob.