Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Motul Diff oil with Nismo diff review inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks, I got the redline oil cause Carv2 was out of the Motul, but once I change it (soon) I'll be trying out Motul, thanks!

(I just got my nismo a little while ago) and you are spot on with the redline, was great at first, and has gotten progressively louder as time went on.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mavtais
Shopping around, this vendor has a super low price advertised: $14.80 for the 2L!!! If there is a vendor here that can beat that, PM me. Ready to buy.
http://www.autosportsupplies.com/mer...egory_Code=MRO
Would you really be willing to save $3.00 to buy from an unknown vendor? Not to mention, I bet their shipping prices are higher than ours. Just a thought....and we have plenty in stock that can ship the same day.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 PM
daveh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious..
I just placed my order at forged for some of this magic gear oil.
I'll post my review when I get mine and track the heck out of it.

I do have a question, since this is not synthetic is there a concern with the high temps that I will see on the track?

Last edited by daveh; 01-01-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Would you really be willing to save $3.00 to buy from an unknown vendor? Not to mention, I bet their shipping prices are higher than ours. Just a thought....and we have plenty in stock that can ship the same day.
Can you PM the price of Diff and tranny fluids for both my 05 ZR and my 02 Maxima shipped to 76903? Both have manual tranny's! Thanks!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:02 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by daveh
I'm curious..
I just placed my order at forged for some of this magic gear oil.
I like the free shipping you get from the website!
I'll post my review when I get mine and track the heck out of it.

I do have a question, since this is not synthetic is there a concern with the high temps that I will see on the track?
Being synthetic isn't going to make it last longer on the track. I haven't tracked my car since I put it in but the flogging I gave my car the day before I left to Florida on vacation should be close to at least 2 session on Streets. I reeemed it on my back roads course. Not a single person on the roads so I did my little route twice. No issues yet. Still smooth as the day it went in. Curiosuly I have been closely monitoring its reaction to cold weather. It seemed the Amsoil was at its worst two times. Once was on first start up/drive in the morning. It would be extra clunky until the diff oil warmed up. The other worst time was pulling into my garage after an hour of working out the car. In all honesty it was bad all the time but it was the MOST noticeable at these times. I noticed the Motul has a HINT and I meant HINT as in VERY TINE MINISCULE ME BEING **** amount of roughness on the first lock/unlock of the diff. Its so benign and unnoticeable though that even I can admit I'm TRYING to nitpick at it. After the first time the diff slips though its smooth as butter. I even asked my wife one morning on the way to work if I was being too **** about the first slip clunk and she couldn't even tell it had happened and she is OVERLY sensitive to this. So far I'm almost half way to an oil change (motor oil ~1500 miles) with no hint of a change. 5 more motor oil changes to go before I plan to replace this fluid again. I'll keep everyone posted but so far this stuff is freaking amazing. As a side note the Redline oil had a much worse initial slip clunk than this even when it was in its "good" condition.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM
MIAPLAYA

Shopping around, this vendor has a super low price advertised: $14.80 for the 2L!!! If there is a vendor here that can beat that, PM me. Ready to buy.
http://www.autosportsupplies.com/mer...egory_Code=MRO
I'm not trying to be superd!ck but do you REALLY need to pinch pennies over this. Sharif is one of the best vendors we have in the Z world. He has contributed so much to our community in the way of advancing what we know about the Z, VQ35, its limits, and the best tuning techniques. He's on this forum day in and day out answering questions, steering people in the right direction, and generally being an asset to this forum and community. If it costs $3 extra to buy it from Sharif just freaking get it from Sharif. The $3 is more then worth it to support a vendor who has been there for us for quite some time now. He has MORE then spent $3 of his time helping people on this board with their cars at no profit to him. I'm sorry again if I sound like the resident @sshat but its kind of a b!tch move to go buy something at a vendor other then the ones who support our community just to save a measly $3. Hell if $3 is that freaking huge to you I'll happily Paypal Sharif $3 when he confirms you ordered from him just to make up the difference. Do people honestly not think about supporting our vendors/shops that support us so much. Why don't you call this other shop and ask if they gave as much to charity Z events as Sharif has (Zdayz, The Run 2006, etc, etc).
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
MIAPLAYA

We got your back Sharif. I'd gladly spend a few bucks more to buy from a vendor who helps as much as you do over a vendor that has zero vested interest in the Z.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
We got your back Sharif. I'd gladly spend a few bucks more to buy from a vendor who helps as much as you do over a vendor that has zero vested interest in the Z.
Awe thanks for the kind words. 90% of the time, we have super competitive prices on all of our products. And I will admit, that we sometimes get beaten by a couple of bucks here and there. But we try to do our best!! Thanks guys.
What I will do, is extend the sale pricing we had last week on Motul products which means "all Motul products are 10% off.

Just mentioned "10% off" in the comments section when placing your order. THANKS!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:35 PM
MIAPLAYA

Awe thanks for the kind words. 90% of the time, we have super competitive prices on all of our products. And I will admit, that we sometimes get beaten by a couple of bucks here and there. But we try to do our best!! Thanks guys.
What I will do, is extend the sale pricing we had last week on Motul products which means "all Motul products are 10% off.

Just mentioned "10% off" in the comments section when placing your order. THANKS!
Eh, the extra few bucks is worth it to make sure shops like yours stick around for a while. Although I doubt $3 here and $20 there is enough to make a difference all the time I'd like to think I'm doing my part anyways.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:48 PM
daveh

Can this be applied to my order that I placed a couple of hours ago

The Motul sounds like it will perform like my secret blend of royal purple and sta-lube additive. If it lasts more than one track weekend I will be very pleased. I think the cooler weather we have now in Northern California makes it worse. The noise never really bothered me because I think the performance advantages outwight the occasional clunk. It actually behaves much better with my sticky R-compounds but I also do not care for the push/pull effect I get on the street with my crappy commuter tires (even at the lowest setting).
Old 12-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by daveh
Can this be applied to my order that I placed a couple of hours ago
One step ahead of you...we already applied the discount to the three orders we recieved today/yesterday.
Old 12-29-2006, 08:20 AM
daveh

One step ahead of you...we already applied the discount to the three orders we recieved today/yesterday.
Thanks! If this works as well as reported, I will be buying this by the gallon going forward
Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
mavtais

Point taken. MIAPLAYA: 1, Mavtais: -1
The vendors here have not done me wrong, and I'm sure Sharif would be just as curteous. I'll submit the order when I get home.

On a side note, is anyone having their ABS turn on for no apparent reason while driving? This happened to my car when I had the Kaaz (with base model axle stubs) after 7000 miles (2 oil changes). Because the Kaaz did not come with the axle stubs and I did not do my homework, I bought a Nismo (which comes with the correct stubs) and the dealer replaced the ABS sensors under warranty. Now after 7000 miles, my ABS is kicking on again! Can we really blame the clickety-clack of the cluth-type LSD to the ABS kicking on, or do I simply have an ABS lemon?
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I'm not trying to be superd!ck but do you REALLY need to pinch pennies over this. Sharif is one of the best vendors we have in the Z world. He has contributed so much to our community in the way of advancing what we know about the Z, VQ35, its limits, and the best tuning techniques. He's on this forum day in and day out answering questions, steering people in the right direction, and generally being an asset to this forum and community. If it costs $3 extra to buy it from Sharif just freaking get it from Sharif. The $3 is more then worth it to support a vendor who has been there for us for quite some time now. He has MORE then spent $3 of his time helping people on this board with their cars at no profit to him. I'm sorry again if I sound like the resident @sshat but its kind of a b!tch move to go buy something at a vendor other then the ones who support our community just to save a measly $3. Hell if $3 is that freaking huge to you I'll happily Paypal Sharif $3 when he confirms you ordered from him just to make up the difference. Do people honestly not think about supporting our vendors/shops that support us so much. Why don't you call this other shop and ask if they gave as much to charity Z events as Sharif has (Zdayz, The Run 2006, etc, etc).
Old 12-29-2006, 12:53 PM
one350zfan

Wow, thanks sharif! Haven't installed the new VLSD pumpkin of motul gear oil yet, but I figured I'd get this post out the way
Old 12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
one350zfan

Did I get this ?

Oh, never mind, I still owe you from the deal on my utec !
Old 12-29-2006, 01:18 PM
MIAPLAYA

Point taken. MIAPLAYA: 1, Mavtais: -1
The vendors here have not done me wrong, and I'm sure Sharif would be just as curteous. I'll submit the order when I get home.

On a side note, is anyone having their ABS turn on for no apparent reason while driving? This happened to my car when I had the Kaaz (with base model axle stubs) after 7000 miles (2 oil changes). Because the Kaaz did not come with the axle stubs and I did not do my homework, I bought a Nismo (which comes with the correct stubs) and the dealer replaced the ABS sensors under warranty. Now after 7000 miles, my ABS is kicking on again! Can we really blame the clickety-clack of the cluth-type LSD to the ABS kicking on, or do I simply have an ABS lemon?
No issues with ABS here to date...
Old 12-30-2006, 08:57 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Oh heck.......You mean to say, I missed the 10% discount. I just placed an order for the 90PA for my Nismo LSD. Super competitive pricing and quick responses on purchase.

Does Motul have steering fluid too?

G
_______

Thanks & Happy New Year
Old 12-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Oh heck.......You mean to say, I missed the 10% discount. I just placed an order for the 90PA for my Nismo LSD. Super competitive pricing and quick responses on purchase.

Does Motul have steering fluid too?

G
_______

Thanks & Happy New Year
We have everyone the 10% discount....so you got it.

Motul does not make power steering fluid.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:42 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Thanks! I just noticed the invoice 12/29, and I stand corrected; as I did note the 10% discount.

I am considering the possibilities of switching my engine oil; are there any test proving that the engine oil does afford substantial performance advantage over the usual Mobile-1, etc.?

Thanks

G
_______
Old 12-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Thanks! I just noticed the invoice 12/29, and I stand corrected; as I did note the 10% discount.

I am considering the possibilities of switching my engine oil; are there any test proving that the engine oil does afford substantial performance advantage over the usual Mobile-1, etc.?

Thanks

G
_______
Motul makes two type of synthetic oil. The 8100 is structurally simliar to a typical Redline or Royal Purple. It is a very high quality oil.

Then we have 300V, which is a 100% ester oil, and is the ultimate racing oil. It is structurally superior to just about any oil on the market. In terms of power, I have never believed manufacturers claims of additional power. Reason being, is attempting to measure a handful of whp differences between oil is far too subjective. Something as simple as heat soak, or tire deformation, could be the cause of the gain or loss, that the manufacturer claims.

I have no doubt that Motul makes the finest oils on the market, but I am not willing to say they will generate more power. But it would not suprise me to see a small power increase.

Quick Reply: Motul Diff oil with Nismo diff review inside