Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How would my Modded AT perform against a stock 6 speed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If it makes people feel any better Im on my 4th 6 speed tranny cuz Im a weaksauce driver
Old 12-26-2006, 12:14 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
If it makes people feel any better Im on my 4th 6 speed tranny cuz Im a weaksauce driver
you shoulda just went auto...

Old 12-26-2006, 12:16 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Funny how the auto guys suddenly feel their e-d!cks grew when Jeremy ran his 10.40. For the record, you bringing this up shows how much you dont know about cars. A TH400 tranny has NOTHING, not 1 part shared with your tranny, its a race transmission! So, no point in claiming "auto's" are fast if its a drag race tranny. Kinda like saying "my Cavalier is super fast because its Ferrari Red!" For the record, stock auto Z's are weaksauce, and until one passes me, so is any Nissan auto, VB, TQ converter or anything else upgraded as well, as most guys who do those upgrades have upshift/downshift issues anyways.

In a sports car---> 6MT > Auto

\Thread
You might have a nice car, but you can be a real tool sometimes.. " my e-d*ck grew" please get a grip... Nothing was said about a STOCK tranny and when it comes to cars I never said or implied I was a know it all, like you think you are.. I said the fastest 1/4 miles times on this site are auto's and they are PERIOD. It's Obvious it's a RACE transmission, no one said it wasn't. And your comparison with the cavalier is just plan Stupid.
This is a direct response to you quoting me and your rant after... If I had said stock auto's were the fastest, I would have understood the response, but I don't care if it was a TH5000, it was an automatic and that was the only point "I" was making !
Old 12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
DanielW
Banned

man this really did turn into another auto vs. manual thread. I jhust wanted to know if I would be able to outrun him with my mods. JEEZ
Old 12-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

You cant claim something like what you did (as a + for autos > 6MT in a Z especially) without mentioning the fact that its a completely different tranny, while you may know there is a difference, if it doesnt get cleared up, thousands of newbs will start posting about how auto Z's run 10's with TT kits. That is the only point I was making, the rest was contributing to this oh so informative, and never before done thread.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Thumbs down Can I beat my buddies....??

Originally Posted by danielwebb
man this really did turn into another auto vs. manual thread. I jhust wanted to know if I would be able to outrun him with my mods. JEEZ
Either go race him-where ever you want or keep talking smack back and forth, and wondering what would happen GEEZ. Bench racing FTMFL
Old 12-26-2006, 12:21 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Originally Posted by BrianDT3wZ
You might have a nice car, but you can be a real tool sometimes.. " my e-d*ck grew" please get a grip... Nothing was said about a STOCK tranny and when it comes to cars I never said or implied I was a know it all, like you think you are.. I said the fastest 1/4 miles times on this site are auto's and they are PERIOD. It's Obvious it's a RACE transmission, no one said it wasn't. And your comparison with the cavalier is just plan Stupid.
This is a direct response to you quoting me and your rant after... If I had said stock auto's were the fastest, I would have understood the response, but I don't care if it was a TH5000, it was an automatic and that was the only point "I" was making !
But Brian he's got 10,702 posts, he has to know it all!!

Come on guys, can't we all just get along? We all love our sexy cars! Let's all have a drink on me...
Old 12-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
But Brian he's got 10,699 posts he has to know it all!!
Come on guys, can't we all just get along? We all love our sexy cars! Let's all have a drink on me...
Apparently not, I didnt know autos were better than manuals in Z's
Old 12-26-2006, 12:24 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Apparently not, I didnt know autos were better than manuals in Z's
Either did I, thanks for enlightening me!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:25 PM
BrianDT3wZ

You cant claim something like what you did (as a + for autos > 6MT in a Z especially) without mentioning the fact that its a completely different tranny, while you may know there is a difference, if it doesnt get cleared up, thousands of newbs will start posting about how auto Z's run 10's with TT kits. That is the only point I was making, the rest was contributing to this oh so informative, and never before done thread.
In all honesty that quote was just a smartass comment to another smartass comment, I didn't think it would draw soo much attention,, But yes Alberto I understand your point... And Zlady, I would have never turn down a cold pint
Old 12-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Either did I, thanks for enlightening me!!!
Neither Id buy an auto Z that runs 13.1 a beer anyday, you are far from that
Old 12-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Damn dude.. wtf are you doing..??? Just so I dont do it too mine..
Old 12-26-2006, 12:31 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alberto...every one knows you can drive a stick tranny [ you tell every one ]
The MT6 cant handle drag racing any more than the AT5 can . You being on your 4th tranny proves that .

If we bought the 350Z or G35 for drag racing , auto crossing , road racing or what ever . You more than likely bought a MT6 . And it needs to be built for that purpose if your serious about it . Other than that what is the difference what tranny you have ? MOst of us bought the car for driving every day , around town , in and out of traffic , stop and go . So if you like shifting every two second , fifty thousand times every time you take the car out . Go for it . If it makes you feel more like a MAN , Go for it . If it gets you a boner [ big e-dick ] . Go for it .

I wont put you down if you dont put me down for the choice we make .

lol !!!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:32 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Neither Id buy an auto Z that runs 13.1 a beer anyday, you are far from that
What language was that???? ^^ lol

Well Alberto, on Thursday I'll be at Sharif's shop getting a 6mt 3.5 FD pumpkin, then Jeremy is tuning the UTEC I'll be purchasing on the dyno (for a great deal I might add!!), Im installing HFC's too...so I'm gonna be pretty close buddy. Just gotta get my launch right...my rear Pirelli F-Zero 285/35/18's are pretty bald, no traction, need new tires.

Good luck to you too in all your goals!! Thanks for supporting other Z members and their cars whether auto or manual, if only other members were as supportive as you !! LOL

Last edited by ZLadie2000; 12-26-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:34 PM
BrianDT3wZ

Originally Posted by booger

lol !!!!!
Amen... And to all a good night !!

Last edited by BrianDT3wZ; 12-27-2006 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Kenk2
Professional

my rear Pirelli F-Zero 285/35/18's are pretty bald, no traction, need new tires.
Get some BFG KDW or KDW 2's.. They work great!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:39 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

^^ Thanks I just might do that!!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:52 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by ASTIG_Z
shows how much you know...

LMAO
Old 12-27-2006, 04:00 AM
MasterRacer

UMMMMMMMMMMMM THREAD NEEDS TO DIE!!!!! NOW
rurururur my A/T rururururur my M/T rururur STFU people
this is one of the dumbest threads I have come across you guys
flame him for asking a simple question, guys act like retards sometimes quit
being D!CKS
Old 12-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by booger
Alberto...every one knows you can drive a stick tranny [ you tell every one ] The MT6 cant handle drag racing any more than the AT5 can . You being on your 4th tranny proves that .

If we bought the 350Z or G35 for drag racing , auto crossing , road racing or what ever . You more than likely bought a MT6 . And it needs to be built for that purpose if your serious about it . Other than that what is the difference what tranny you have ? MOst of us bought the car for driving every day , around town , in and out of traffic , stop and go . So if you like shifting every two second , fifty thousand times every time you take the car out . Go for it . If it makes you feel more like a MAN , Go for it . If it gets you a boner [ big e-dick ] . Go for it .

lol !!!!!
You could never find 1 post where I have self proclaimed myself to be good, my times soeak for themselves, and earlier in this thread to lighten the mood I simply poked fun at myself for having issues, take it as you will.

A 6MT will in fact hold up to drag racing better than a 5AT. You ignorantly use my situation to try to prove a false point. My original and 1st replacement were horrible synchro issues, one being 5th gear grinding (which I never shift fast) and the other tranny got stuck in reverse. Only until recently and my 3rd tranny did I myself destroy 3rd gear powershifting with more than double the stock power.

I know of 2 guys personally with less than 400whp and autos who have issues with downshifting, upshifting, slipping, its a hassle. One o fthese guys even has a VB and it goes good WOT, but downshifting it hesitates, and he isnt happy with it.

Sharif has 650whp (on his dyno)and didnt break his tranny dragging all day I broke mine with 490whp in low boost on my first pass. If you want to use me as a worst case scenario and think all 6MT's suck for dragging go ahead, there are 20+ 400whp guys and 6MT's who drag there cars and don thave issues with the transmission.

And yes I like shifting my car, and I have never been a cry baby about stop and go traffic, that is my view point, my opinion, while you have to pull a stick forward or back and wait 1.5 seconds for a gear shift Im already gone in the gear I want-a manual is a much more direct connection. To each his own.

Quick Reply: How would my Modded AT perform against a stock 6 speed?