Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

My 2006 broke down on 1/1

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 AM
first350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kabeetz
Unbelievable.

I refuse to go from a Z to a minivan. Especially since I'm taking a cutie out tonight.
what's wrong with a minivan for a hot date - what other type of car can fit a matress in the back!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Steve-O Z33

Go to a remote location and do burnouts in the rental. You'll feel better.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 AM
Kabeetz

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
Go to a remote location and do burnouts in the rental. You'll feel better.
f yeah
Old 01-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Kabeetz

MAJOR UPDATE.

OK. So at 3 o' clock I get a call.

They can't find anything wrong with the car. The car starts perfectly now. They pulled the codes from the check engine light.. and two of the codes claim a bad key. They find nothing wrong with the key. The other codes they claim can be caused by the bad key code.

As such, they did nothing. I can now rest assured knowing that my car won't start at any moment, anywhere.

BEYOND THIS.. they claim that they can not cover the car rental because they have no warrantied part change to submit. WTF?!?!?

I told them if there is a bad key I want a new key, that's a part. They said they can't do that because the key is fine.

I said what about the check engine light, isn't that grounds, shouldn't I have brought the car in?

What if I drove around for 5,000 miles with the light on and didn't bring it in, and the engine seized for some reason, would they say I was negligent then? Of course they would.

A new car in perfect condition that has a check engine light go off..which claims it is because of a bad key.. either has a) a faulty engine component b) a bad key c) a bad check engine light. Either way my car didn't start, nissan refused to tow it to the nearest dealership, wrongly, and now nissan won't cover the loaner.

I am not a dramatic guy, this isn't the end of the world, but its just pathetic what passes as customer service these days. I work hard for my money and I treat my customers and clients like I would my family. A new car is a major purchase. Damn I'm frustrated.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR BUSINESS AWAY FROM ACTION NISSAN IN NYACK, NEW YORK. They don't deserve your hard earned dollars and won't be getting any more of mine.

If there exists a reputable Nissan dealership I would love to know, because I had a horrendous buying experience with CENTRAL PARK AVENUE NISSAN in Yonkers, NY, *** NISSAN in Bronx, NY and now a horrible service experience with ACTION NISSAN in Nyack.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 PM
FLY BY Z

I don't think it's Nissan in this case. Everyone in New York is a sonofa*****.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:20 AM
MasterRacer

Ummm I hate to burst your bubble buddy and I don't know why people dont look at the simpler problem...............the key. Most of the VQs including older Maximas which I owned have the chip built into the key, if for whatever reason the code gets out of whack the car may start but the motor will shut off almost instantly. This happend to me on 2 occassions and yes I had to tow my car to dealer and NO I didn't get a reimbursment big whoop 90 bucks is worth getting my car fixed. Keep your keys away from certain items as they can interfere with the programing, keep an eye open for things like mobil speedpass, ZUNESs, and other items.

BTW your car should be fine so stop worrying, be happy your security measures work
Old 01-05-2007, 09:43 PM
zgames

Try Nissan City of Port Chester. I have been to all the Nissan dealerships you listed when I was in the process of buying an 06. I agree with your opinions of those dealerships; horrible. I ended up purchasing the Z from Port Chester because they treated me fairly and with respect. Good luck with the car.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 AM
Q45tech

Had you plugged your personal OBD2 scanner into the port you would have seen the key failure code, looked it up in your personal copy of Factory Service Manual and followed the simple reset directions and never had the tow or the problem to begin with concerning dealer service.

The point is every owner should have an inexpensive OBD2 scanner and FSM to determine which MILs are critical requiring immediate service and which MILs are delayable after reset..............1000s of things can set a MIL, not cranking is a rare one.

Knowing how to bypass a bad key is a very useful on the road skill, teenaged car thieves are experts.